Minecraft is aa MMORPG sand-box type of game. The game is available on Windows, Mac, Android and iOS devices. Micecraft became an instant hit after its release in 2011, and has released various versions since then. The original Minecraft Java Edition game has won various awards including the coveted game of the year award. The unique game style of Minecraft is one of the defining features of the game. The game gives players the freedom anything they can think of, which is the main point of the game. Using the resources called “Blocks” within the game, players can virtually build anything they desire. Minecraft is an enjoyable and addicting game, and many players like to record Minecraft tutorial videos. These videos can be shared online for other people to watch, and admire. On that note, listed below are some of the best Minecraft recorders that you can use. Read on to learn more information about these tools.
AceThinker Screen Grabber Pro is the Minecraft recorder that you can use on both Windows and Mac devices. This is a robust screen recorder that provides seamless game recording, and can even add annotations while the game is in progress. Screen Grabber Pro is also an effective way to share your Minecraft gaming video, because of the one-click video upload button. This allows you to directly upload the video to your preferred video sharing sites, such as YouTube and Vimeo. Aside from that, it can automatically start recording your screen at a set date and time with its advanced “Task Scheduler” feature. If you want to learn how to use Screen Grabber Pro to record Minecraft, follow the steps below.
Step1 Download and Install AceThinker Screen Grabber Pro
To directly download the installer of Screen Grabber Pro, click one of the download buttons above. After that, run the installer on your computer and make sure to follow the instructions that will appear on the screen. The main-interface will appear after the installation process.
Step2 Configure the Settings of the Recorder
Before proceeding to the recording process, you must first adjust the settings that you need for your recording. Start by selecting the audio of the video, click the “Audio Input” tab of the tool and choose the right source for your video. If you want to record your voice along with the system sound, use a microphone and select the “System Sound and microphone” option.
Step3 Start Recording Minecraft
Once the preparations are finished, you can now launch Minecraft from your computer. After that, click the “Record” button and choose the recording mode that you want to use. If your game is in full screen, then choose “Full Screen” mode. On the other hand, if you are playing on window mode, then “Region” mode is the one that you should use. This mode lets you choose a specific part of the screen to record, making it perfect for games in window mode. After selecting the recording mode, the recording toolbar will appear.
Step4 Annotate While Recording
While playing Minecraft, you can pause for a while and add annotations to the video. To do so, you can click the “Pen” icon from the recording toolbar. From the editing panel that will appear, select the options that you want to add to the video. You can add various shapes like “Square,” “Circle,” and “Triangle.” There is also the option of adding texts to the video in various colors, which is great for creating subtitles. Once done recording, you can click the “Stop” button to save the video.
Step5 Watch the Minecraft Video
After recording, you can immediately watch the video from the preview panel of Screen Grabber Pro. Simply right-click on the video that you want to play, then choose “Preview” from the menu that will appear. Additionally, you can upload the video without opening a web-browser. Simply click the “Upload” button and then choose where to upload the video.
- Record video with system and external audio sources
- Editing features are perfect for creating Minecraft video tutorials
- One-click upload button saves a lot of time for its users
- Lacks a “Green Screen Effect” for video editing
Mobile users can also enjoy recording their Minecraft: Pocket Edition game from a computer by using AceThinker Mirror . Aside from recording, AceThinker Mirror provides a way to play mobile games like Minecraft: Pocket Edition on a larger screen. The good thing about using the tool, is that it allow mobile users of Minecraft the chance to remotely control the game. You can also add annotations to the video using the tool because it has a paint-brush feature that you can use. Follow the steps below to learn how to record Minecraft using AceThinker Mirror.
Step1 Install AceThinker Mirror
Click one of the buttons above to directly download the installer on your computer. Run the installer on your computer and then follow the instructions that will be provided by the setup wizard. After installation, the main interface will appear, as illustrated below.
Step2 Connect the Device on the Computer
If you are an Android user, you only need to connect your device to the computer using a USB cable. If AceThinker Mirror is launched, then it will automatically install the app version on the Android device. On the other hand, if you are an iOS user, then you will need to install the app version yourself from the App Store. On this example, we will use an Android device to mirror on the computer. First, launch the app on the Android device, and then tap the “M” button from the main-interface of the app. After that, tap the name of the computer and select “Phone Screen Mirroring.” The Android screen will now appear on the computer screen via AceThinker Mirror.
Step3 Launch Minecraft and Start Recording
You can now launch the Minecraft app from your mobile device, and start playing on a larger screen. To record the game, you need to click the “Record” button from the toolbar located at the righ-hand side of the tool.
Step4 End the Recording
To end the recording process, you can click the “Stop” button from the toolbar. The video will be then saved on the computer.
Step5 Locate the Video
To open the file location of the video, click the “Open folder” button from the notification that will appear. From the file folder that will appear, you can watch the Minecraft video that you just recorded.
- Can control the computer using the mobile device
- Adjustable resolution while playing the game
- Eats up too much battery life
OBS Studio is one of prominent screen recorder and broadcaster that anyone can use for free. OBS Studio is a trusted name, because of its seamless recording capabilities. It has a lot of screen filters that can be used, to add effects to the video that you are recording. Additionally, you can use the “Studio Mode” of the tool is you want to broadcast your Minecraft game online. The audio mixer of the tool is also one of the things that people love about OBS Studio. If you think that OBS Studio is the tool for you, then follow the guide below to start recording Minecraft on a computer.
- Launch the official website of OBS Studio by clicking the link here.
- From the homepage of the website, click the download button to get the installer and launch it on your computer. Follow the installation instructions that will appear on the screen, and the main interface will appear after that.
- Click the “+” button under the “Scenes” column to add a the scene name. After that, click the “+” button under the “Sources” column, and select “Display Capture.” The desktop screen will then appear on the preview window.
- Hit the “Start Recording” button and then minimize OBS Studio. After that, launch Minecraft from your computer and play the game. Once done, switch back to OBS Studio, and then click the “Stop Recording” button.
- To view the recorded Minecraft video, click the “File” tab and then click “Show Recording” button. The file folder will then appear on the screen and you can watch the raw video.
- The audio mixer can add filters to the audio background of the video
- Studio Mode can produce stunning broadcast with different effects and filters
- Intimidating interface due to different buttons
Bandicam is a game and desktop recording software, that is exclusive to the Windows operating system. This tool supports various video recording formats, and can clearly record game without slowing down the computer performance. Aside from that, Bandicam can also record both screen and webcam at the same time. This is perfect for creating a Minecraft gaming video with the player present in the video. Additionally, if you play Minecraft from a console, then you can record that as well using the “HDMI” feature of Bandicam. Follow the simple guide below to learn how to record Minecraft with Bandicam.
- Install Bandicam on your PC, and then launch it to reach the main-interface.
- Click the “Screen Recording Mode” button, from the home-screen and then hit the “Record” button.
- Minimize the Bandicam window, and then launch Minecraft on the PC and start playing. While recording, you can click the “Webcam” icon from the toolbar to include it to the recording.
- To end the recording process, close the Minecraft window, and then hit the “Stop” button from Bandicam.
- To check the recorded video, click the “Video” tab. Select the video from the list, and then hit the “Play” button.
- Has a dedicated game recording feature for optimum speed
- Can record desktop and webcam simultaneously
- Only works on Windows devices
Last tool that you can use to record Minecraft is a Windows built-in tool called Game Bar. This is the official game recorder of Xbox consoles and Windows devices. The good thing about having this tool, is that you won’t need to install another recorder. Aside from that, it supports recording the screen and microphone together. You can also adjust the volume of the sound from the “Audio” tab. However, Game Bar is a little bit needy, because it has a minimum system requirement on the PC. These requirements must be met first, otherwise the screen recording feature will be disabled. Below is a simple guide that you can follow to start recording Minecraft.
- Open the Game Bar app from the search bar.
- From the main-screen, click the “Capture” tab from the toolbar.
- After that, click the “Record” button from the capture tab, and then launch Minecraft.
- You can also enable the microphone while recording the video by clicking the “Microphone” button.
- To end the recording, click the “Stop” button and the video will be saved on your computer.
- Readily available on Windows device
- Built specifically for recording game window
- Requires high-end specs for PC
Minecraft indeed is one of the most successful games today. Due to its challenging content, many gamers still spend time playing it. Also, the number of streamers who broadcast their game continue to grow, a reason why the number of Minecraft tutorial on Youtube keeps growing. With the help of the tools mentioned above, it will be a breeze to record your Minecraft gameplay and share them with other players all over the world. If you have another screen video recorder online solution to be used as a Minecraft screen recorder, leave us a comment. To discover some games like Minecraft, check the link provided.