4K is a type of screen resolution that has about 4,000 pixels. This is two times more, than the regular 1080p resolution considered as Ultra High-Definition. In essence, 4K resolution gives the viewers more vivid colors and a more immersive viewing experience. This is a great factor for people, especially those who likes to record their screen activities because it adds up to the clarity of the video. However, some screen recorders are limited to the usual 1080p resolution and cant capture the screen in 4K. Luckily, there are some tools that are able to capture screen activities with the same quality as with the source. Follow the list below to learn about some of the best 4K screen recorder around.
One of the most effective 4K screen recorders is AceThinker Screen Grabber Pro. The tool is able to record the same resolution of the screen where it is being used. What makes this tool special is its ability to record video and audio simultaneously. Another feature it possess is it allows the user to edit the video real-time, meaning that they can enhance the video while recording is in progress. The tool have various applications to different fields, one example is for games. There are games that run in 4K quality. It is not an easy task to record a high resolution game without the right tool. That is when Screen Grabber Pro comes in, because with this tool you will be able to stream your game in 4K resolution. To learn how to install and use Screen Grabber Pro to record 4K screen in 4K resolution, follow these steps.
Step1 Download and Install Screen Grabber Pro
For starters, download the installer of Screen Grabber Pro by clicking one of the buttons below. Then run the installer on your PC after download, and follow the instructions of the installation wizard. After the successful installation, run the tool to reach the main interface.
Try It Free
Step2 Configure and Start the Recording Mode
From the main screen, click the drop-down button and select from the available recording modes to use. “Region” is used to select specific parts of the screen that must be included to the recording. On the other hand, “Full Screen” mode covers the entire screen area for recording. By clicking the “Record” button, a three seconds countdown will begin and recording will commence once the countdown is done. While recording is on-going, you can add annotations to the recording by clicking the “Pen” icon from the floating toolbar. A panel with different options will appear and from there, you can choose which enhancement to use.
Step3 Save and Check Recording
Once you are done recording, you can save the video by clicking the “Stop” button from the same toolbar. After clicking the “Stop” button, the video will appear on the “Preview Panel” and you can watch it from there. On the contrary, if you want to directly locate the saved file, click the “Open folder” button.
Next tool that is able to record in 4K screen resolution is Snagit. This is a lightweight tool that does not eat too much disk space but can perform heavy duty tasks, like recording 4K screen resolution. The tool also has a screen shot function that takes images in high-quality as well. However, the tool is not totally free to use because you would have to purchase the licensed version for unlimited access. Though only for a short-time, you can still the enjoy the full functions of the tool by using the free trial version which last for 15 days. To learn how to use and maximize the time that you can use the tool, follow the steps below.
How to Use Snagit
- To get the installer of Snagit, click this link to open its official website on a new tab. From there, click the “Download” button and run it on your PC.
- After installation, start up the tool and the small toolbar will appear. From there, click the “Video Camera” icon to switch to the screen recorder.
- Set the right options that you want for the video from the same toolbar. Once all preliminary settings are done, click the “Capture” button.
- After clicking the “Capture” button, the “Zoom in” cursor will appear. You will have to drag the cursor across the screen, to cover the specific parts that you want to include to the recording.
- When the recording area appears, click the “Record” button from the toolbar and the recording process will commence.
- Once satisfied with what you recorded, click the “Stop” button and the recording process will end.
- After clicking the “Stop” button, the video will be transferred to the editing window. From the new window, you can watch the preview of the video and add notes if you want. To save the video, click the “File” tab and select “Save” and the video will be saved to a specific folder.
OBS Studio is an open source screen recorder with lots of features. Being an open source software, OBS Studio is subject to changes every now and then because users can freely make changes to the tool. OBS Studio is free to download and use, making it one of the most popular choice among screen recorders. However, the tool interface itself is not user-friendly because of the different buttons present. The tool is not advisable for beginners because they might get confused with the tool itself. Fortunately, the steps below will teach you how to perform basic 4k screen recording with OBS Studio.
How to Use OBS Studio
- By clicking this link, you will be taken to the official website of OBS Studio. From the homepage of the website, click the download button for OBS Studio and install it on your PC.
- After installation, launch OBS Studio and from the main interface, click the “Add” button from the “Scene” column and enter a scene name.
- Next step is to click the “Add” button under the “Source” column. From the list of available options select “Display Capture” to set the 4K screen as the video source.
- Once the desktop screen appears on the preview panel of the tool, click the “Start recording” button to begin
- If satisfied with what you recorded, then end the recording by clicking the “Stop recording” button from the toolbar. The video will be saved to the specific folder assigned by the tool.
Action Screen Recorder is another great tool that can record 4K screen resolution. The tool has a highly intuitive interface, allowing users to explore all the available functions that the tool can offer. The tool was built primarily to support 4K quality games and be able to stream the gaming session real-time. Similarly, it can also be used to record 4K screen resolution and be able to watch it on later date. The tool also allows direct upload of recorded videos to the web with its upload feature. To learn how to use Action Screen Recorders, follow the steps below.
How to Use Action Screen Recorder
- Action Screen Recorder is downloadable from its official website. For faster download, click the link above and the download page of Action Screen Recorder will open on a new tab.
- Immediately open Action Screen Recorder after installation to reach the main interface. From the home screen, you can start by selecting the “Capture Mode” that suits your needs.
- Next, click the “Record” button to commence the actual recording process.
- To annotate while recording, click the “Draw” button from the toolbar, you will be able to select the options that you want to add to the recording.
- Click the “Stop” button from the recording toolbar to end the recording process. Next, close the screen recorder and the video will be saved on the PC.
- From the preview panel of Action Screen Recorder, you can directly watch the newly recorded video. Choose among the list of videos and click the “Play” button.
Next on the list, is Icecream Screen Recorder that can also capture 4K screen. Whats good about the tool, is its ability to capture a screenshot record the screen activities. You literally get two tools in the form of one Icecream Screen Recorder. The downside of the tool, is it’s not entirely free, and requires the licensed version to be purchased to use it full functions. However, you can still use the tool because it has a free trial version. Under the free trial, the videos that you record will have a watermark which is kind of annoying because it is too distracting. Other than that, the tool still live up to its reputation of being a great 4k screen recorder. To know how you can record your screen with this tool, do the steps below.
How to Use Icecream Screen Recorder
- To get the installer of the tool, click this link and its official website will open on a new tab. From the product page, click the download button. Wait for the download to finish and run the installer on your PC.
- Launch the tool after installation and from the home screen, click “Capture Video” to start the screen recorder.
- To start, adjust the frame to cover the portions of the screen area that you want to record.
- Once everything is set, and you are ready to record, click the “Record” button.
- The tool also allows the user to edit the video while the recording is in progress. By clicking the “Draw” button, the editing panel will appear.
- To end the recording process, you can click the “Stop” button from the toolbar. This way, the video will be saved to the PC and later will be available for preview.
- To watch the newly recorded video, go to the preview panel of the tool and select the video. Click the “Play” button to watch the video.
Camtasia is one of the excellent tools that can record any activities on your display screen, so recording 4K resolution movies is an easy task for this tool. However, it requires you to pay to use this tool’s special features fully. Although it needs to be paid, Camtasia has a free trial for you to experience its useful functions. In fact, you can do a lot of things in this tool, like enhancing your recordings by putting annotations, setting a transition, and add video effects with this tool’s built-in video editor. Also, you can save your videos in different formats like MP4, WMV, AVI, MOV, and more. On the other hand, below are the steps on how to use this tool.
How to Use Camtasia
- First, visit the Camtasia website to get the tool by clicking the “Download” button, then proceed on installing the Camtasia by following the installation guide. After installing, launch the tool and continue recording your screen.
- Next, once the tool is launched, choose the video output to a full-screen view, or regional mode from the floating toolbar.
- Since we are recording a movie, let’s move on with the full-screen mode. Then, click on the red “Rec” button to start the recording process.
- Once you are done recording the movie, you can end it by clicking the “Stop” icon button from the toolbar.
- You can also remove the recording by choosing the “Delete” button in case you are not satisfied with the video.
- You can also edit the video after the recording. Within the Camtasia video editor, you can see the timeline of the record, and you can cut, trim, and add transition on the video. Also, you can put annotations on the video like drawing shapes and lines, add texts, set animation effects, and more.
- Finally, when you are done editing the recorded video, you can save it on your PC by clicking the “Share” icon button, located at the upper-right corner of the tool, and select “Local file.” You can also upload the videos in Screencast.com, Vimeo, YouTube, and Google Drive.
BB Rec has topped the screen recording apps chat for iOS devices, iPad/iPhone. From it debut to its current marketing stance, it became famous among users simply due to the amazing features that come with it. This app is capable of the best screen recording quality depending on the content type you intend to show to your viewers. In addition, you can capture footage through your back or front camera and better still for streaming content of your choice live. Getting good video quality is actually feasible with customizable resolution and frame rate that is available. Implementing the combination of both components helps you to assume complete HD videos.
Preferably, you can record for as long as 150 minutes. Depending on what you are trying to capture, captures can be orientated based on your preference, whether it’s landscape for racing games or portrait for app reviews. BB rec equally provides quick sharing options on iPad or iPhone for helping you send video to your target audience much more conveniently.
Learning how to record screen in 4K resolution is not an easy task, since not all screen recorders support 4K. However, there are some that may not be free but can do the task perfectly. Fortunately, the tools mentioned above all pass as great 4K screen recorders and some are easy to use. This is true, especially with Screen Grabber Pro that supports 4K and even higher screen resolution. By using the tool, not only can you have a copy of your screen activities in 4K resolution, but you will be able to watch it over and over again. You can even steam it online and let others know how great 4K resolution is. This is just one way Screen Grabber Pro can be used, on top of its multi-functionality.