MOV files are built appropriately for Mac OS default media players like QuickTime. Although Apple creates it, MOV files are still available to play and access on Windows computers. But if you’re an avid Apple user, it is still the best to have your video files saved as MOV. In connection with this, we all know that YouTube is one of the best video providers without any doubt. Saving YouTube videos also become a norm but the thing is, most downloaders save the videos in MP4 by default. So, it is no brainer that Apple users need to convert them to MOV so they can play it efficiently on their Mac computers or iPhones. Well, we got your back here as we collected the best solutions to download and convert YouTube to MOVMOV files are built appropriately for Mac OS default media players like QuickTime. Although Apple creates it, MOV files are still available to play and access on Windows computers. But if you’re an avid Apple user, it is still the best to have your video files saved as MOV. In connection with this, we all know that YouTube is one of the best video providers without any doubt. Saving YouTube videos also become a norm but the thing is, most downloaders save the videos in MP4 by default. So, it is no brainer that Apple users need to convert them to MOV so they can play it efficiently on their Mac computers or iPhones. Well, we got your back here as we collected the best solutions to download and convert YouTube to MOV and so you can watch them in your Mac or iOS devices anytime.
Watching YouTube videos has become a norm in my everyday life. In fact, I subscribed to my most favorite channels and vloggers, so I am updated to their new uploads. YouTube is also my primary source of entertainment since I have no time to watch television anymore because of my busy schedule. So, to not miss any videos I loved to watch, downloading them is the best solution I found. However, some videos are not available to play on my iPhone since they are not saved under a MOV format. Luckily, I discovered AceThinker Video Keeper which is an all-in-one downloader that can grab videos from YouTube and convert them at the same time.
Aside from YouTube, it downloads videos from other 100+ video streaming websites such as Vimeo, Facebook, Dailymotion, and more. Additionally, it can grab YouTube playlist within a few clicks. What separates Video Keeper from the rest is that it can download videos automatically. Thanks to its “Detect” function, it provides a built-in browser and grabs the video playing in it without opening an external browser. Check more details about this unique solution by reading more of its info below.
AceThinker Video Keeper
Download Videos in Seconds
- The built-in converter also supports other formats like MP4, AVI, MP3, and more.
- It is equipped with a multi-threading technology that allows the software to download videos faster.
- It lets you download several videos simultaneously.
- The software can pause/resume the download process anytime you want.
Step1 Download and Install the Software
Click the “Download” button above to save the installer in your computer. Then, open it to follow the installation process and save it entirely on your computer. Once installed, launched Video Keeper so we can start downloading YouTube videos.
Step2 Configure Settings
Next, click the “3 Dots” found at the upper-right corner of its interface and choose “Settings” from the menu that will show. From the settings window that will appear, go to its “Format” option to select the output folder of the converted file. Click “OK” to save all changes made.
Step3 Download YouTube Video
Open a web browser to visit YouTube and find the video you want to download. Copy the URL of the video, then go back to the interface of Video Keeper and hit “Paste URL.” Please wait for a few moments and let the solution add the video to its download queue.
Step4 Check YouTube Video
Once the software successfully downloaded the video, go to the “Completed” panel of the software to check it. Right-click on the file and select “Add to.” From the menu that will appear, choose “Convert,” and it will transfer instantly to its built-in converter.
Step5 Convert YouTube to MOV
Click the “Drop-down” menu found next to the “Profile” section of the converter. From the expanded list, select “Video” then choose “MOV” from the formats provided. Once set-up, click “Convert” to start the process.
Step6 Play the YouTube MOV Video
Wait for a few moments until the conversion is finished. Once done, a prompt will appear, and you have to hit “OK” to open the output folder you set-up earlier. Now, you can play it on your Mac computers using QuickTime Player or transfer the video to an iOS smartphone.
If you have a Mac computer with you, iTube Free YouTube Downloader is one of the most efficient software you can find. It also features a built-in converter and video manager that lets you import all videos from different formats saved in your computer and convert them into a MOV file. Aside from that, it provides a media player so you can play the MOV file using the software without opening an external player. Despite these fantastic features, a significant drawback of the software is that it will only allow you to download videos from YouTube if you are subscribed to its trial version. You can purchase its premium version for $19.00/year to unlock other features like downloading and converting the video to MOV simultaneously. Here are the steps you can follow to use this Mac software.
- Download and install iTube Free YouTube Downloader in your Mac computer and launch it afterward.
- Next, open Safari to visit YouTube and select the video you want to download and convert. Copy its URL from the address bar then go back to the software to click “Paste URL.” Then, choose the quality you prefer and hit the “Download” button afterward.
- Once downloaded, go to the “Convert” panel of the software and click the “Plus” icon to upload the video. From the new window that will appear, select “Video” and choose “MOV” from the formats available. Click “OK” to start converting the video.
- Wait for a few minutes until the video is converted to a MOV file. Once done, click the “Folder” icon to access the output folder and check the video.
ClipConverter is a web-based app that allows you to download YouTube to MOV without installing additional software in your device. Although this online tool specializes in converting YouTube videos, it can also grab videos from other sites like Facebook Watch, Vimeo, and more. Additionally, it can extract the sound from a video by converting it to a MP3 file. Furthermore, it can download it for up to 4K quality, depending on the video. A good thing about it is that you can enjoy these features for free. However, the tool will redirect you to an advertisement whenever you try to download a clip. Follow the guide below to learn how to use this tool.
- First, click the link here to visit the official site of ClipConverter to access its main page. From here, you can see the “Download box” wherein you need to paste the YouTube link. Next, open a new tab to launch YouTube and find the video you want to download.
- Copy its URL then go back to ClipConverter to paste the link to the “Download box.” Then, choose “MOV” as the conversion format and hit “Continue” to proceed.
- Next, a list of available quality will appear. Choose at least one quality you prefer then click “Start” to begin.
- Finally, click “Download” to save the MOV video on your computer.
Another software that can download YouTube to MOV is the YTD Video Downloader. A good thing about this solution is it can save the YouTube video into a MOV file while downloading it. Additionally, it increases the volume control of the downloaded MOV video for up to 200%. Moreover, it lets you grab videos for up to 1080p resolution from video streaming sites (Facebook, Dailymotion, etc.) besides YouTube. However, YTD Video Downloader limits you to download and convert one video at a time if you’re only subscribed to its free-trial version. You can perform bulk downloads if you purchase its license for $4.99 per month. Read the steps provided to know more about this software.
- Visit the official website of YTD Video Downloader to download and install the software on your computer. Once installed, launch it to access the interface.
- Next, access YouTube to find the video you wish to grab. Copy the URL of the video then go back to YTD Video Downloader. From here, hit “Paste URL” then click “Download” to start.
- Once downloaded, go to the “Convert” tab of the software and upload the video you downloaded earlier into the software. Next, click the “Drop-down” menu next to “Convert video to” and choose “Ipod Video (Apple Quick Time MOV)” as the output format. Click “Convert Video” to continue.
- Let the software convert the file. Once finished, click the “Folder” icon to open the output folder and play the video.
Now, let us discover which is the best YouTube to MOV converter from the solutions reviewed in this article. This comparison chart will tackle different criteria like the System OS, other formats supported, and more. This will also help you decide which is the best tool you can rely upon according to your situation.
|Video Keeper||iTube Downloader||ClipConverter||YTD Downloader|
|Price (Premium Version)||$39.95/year||$19.00/year||Free||$4.99/month|
|Need to Install?|
|Output Formats||MOV, MP4, MP3, AVI, and more||MOV, MP4, MPEG-1, 3GP, and more||MOV, MP4, MKV, M4A, and more||MOV, FLV, WMV, MP3, and more|
|Supported Sites||100+||30+||Around 20||50+|
|File Size||205 MB||119 MB||N/A||29.1 MB|