YouTube is one of the best platforms for sharing video resources among unlimited number of users. We often love to make videos and then share it with friends but for this purpose our major requirement is to have best editing tools so that our video appear effective to viewers. Maybe you want to re-edit the YouTube video for some reasons. However, you will be only to find that you’re probably not able to import YouTube video to iMovie. That’s because most of the YouTube videos are in FLV format, which is not supported by iMovie. Here we will show you how to easily download and import videos from YouTube to iMovie for editing.
The other most preferable tool for exporting YouTube videos into MOV is Video Keeper. It provides an easy way for you to download and convert YouTube videos to iMovie supported video formats. You can simply copy and paste the video link to capture YouTube videos and then use the built-in converter to change the video format to suit your needs. Downloading YouTube playlist and batch downloading are well supported so you can grab many videos at a time. Besides YouTube, it also allows you to download videos from other popular video sharing websites, including Vimeo, Facebook, Dailymotion and many more.
In case you are interested to know more about this solution, refer to the guideline below.
Step1 Download and install the programIn order to use the Video Keeper to its fullest benefits, first you need to download and install the program from the official website or directly via the buttons below, which will download the program to your computer instantly, and then you can directly install it onto your computer.
Try It Free
Step2 Stream and detect videoAfter the installation is completed, launch the application then go to “detect tab” and paste the link chosen from youtube. This software supports multiple downloads which make it easier for you to download all at once. Please make sure that you toggle the “Detection” to on which located at the bottom right-hand side of the interface.
Note: By default videos from community sites are being downloaded from “Download” tab where you can paste the link. See picture below, the website was searched directly from the interface instead. This is the other way around. From here you search and download from any movie or community sites.
Step3 Check Download StatusTo check the status of the download switch tabs from “Detect” to “Download” to see the progress. Might want to check the settings at the bottom left-hand side of the interface to customize it.
You can check the downloaded videos within the “Completed” tab. From there, you can play the video by double-clicking it. Also, you can open their file location within that section.
AceThinker Video Downloader Free Online is a web-based software to download videos from different community sites. This is compatible almost on every browser. This tool has a user-friendly interface that even a beginner can easily navigate through it. To demonstrate the process we will get video from youtube. Check out the step by steps procedure below.
Step1 Access the tool on browserUse the link provided above in the description to access the video downloader tool from AceThinker’s official website. You will see an empty field where you will have to paste the link of the video you wish to download. You can also use the URL box below download a video instantly. We will illustrate how this is done in the next step.
Step2 Copy and paste video linkOpen YouTube in a new tab in your browser and search for the video you wish to download. Right click on the video and click “Copy video URL”.
Now switch back to the tab with the video downloader and in the empty field, right-click your mouse and click “Paste”.
Step3 Download your videoAfter pasting the link, hit the blue “Download” button. The program will now analyze and process your video. After processing has finished, you will be given a list of the same video in different formats and qualities. Choose a format that is supported by iMovie (eg. MP4) and download the video using the blue “Download” button next to it.
YOUTUBEMP4 is probably the most simple online YouTube video to MP4 converter. MP4 is a format supported by iMovie, so by using this converter, your video will be ready to be imported to iMovie directly after download. With this program, you will be able to grab your favorite video in 4 simple steps, which we will describe in more detail below if it was not self-evident already thanks to the tool’s intuitive interface.
How to Use YOUTUBEMP4
- Click this link provided in the to access YOUTUBEMP4’s official website.
- Open YouTube in a new tab and search for the video you wish to download.
- Start playing the video and right-click on it anywhere and click “Copy video URL”. The video’s link will be copied to the clipboard.
- Now switch back to YOUTUBEMP4 and in the given field paste the link. Then, hit the green “Convert” button under the field.
- The program will now process and convert your video. After processing has finished, you will be presented with a download button using which you can save the MP4 video to your computer.
Unlimited number of users from different corners of the world love to watch videos on YouTube whereas some of these always wish to download their favorite videos and play them on their personal computer, iPad, iPod or other media devices. You can easily export videos from YouTube to MOV or MP4 and they can be well supported by all media devices; while on the other side, these formats are also supported by iMovie platform for editing. Below you can find a complete step by step guide for importing your downloaded YouTube videos to iMovie:
- Use one of the methods above to download a YouTube video in a format compatible with iMovie.
- Launch iMovie on your computer and click “File” in the menu across the top.
- From the drop-down list, hover your mouse over “Import” to launch a new window with options.
- From the list of options, select “Movies” and locate the downloaded video file in your computer directory.
- Decide whether you want to add the video to an existing or a new project and import it using the “Import” button. The video will be loaded into your project library.
VidPaw is one of the most excellent video converters online to import YouTube to iMovie. It will save YouTube to its servers, and turn the video on your preferred video formats like MP4, MKV, MOV, WMV, and more. VidPaw also allows you to choose a variety of video quality that iMovie supports. In fact, you can also choose different kinds of videos on VidPaw’s website, like Gaming videos, Trending, and Movies. Moreover, this tool has a Subtitle Downloader that helps you to look for each movie subtitles quickly. In case you are curious if this site is safe and clean, VidPaw was recommended by some popular publications like CNet, AndroidCentral, TechRadar, and LifeHacker. To understand more about VidPaw, we listed the steps below.
How to Use VidPaw
- First, go to YouTube and look for the video that you want to download, and copy its URL.
- Next, visit VidPaw official website , and paste the video link on its URL bar and click the “Convert” button to begin.
- Click the “Convert” button to show the multiple video formats available to download.
- You can choose the MP4 format which the iMovie supports. After that, click the “Download” button to begin downloading.
- Launch the iMovie and go to the “Media” section, and then click the “File” menu. From there, choose “Import Media…” and find the file location of the downloaded YouTube video. You can start editing it afterward.
With all these available software it becomes much easier to bring YouTube movies into iMovie platform without making additional efforts. We always love to edit videos in order to make them more useful but the difficult part is to have a compatible software platform between available videos and editing software. Above information provides complete details for using YouTube movies in iMovie platform with suitable software tools that can be easily accessed over internet. Now you can enjoy your favorite videos on your device anytime with such a healthy platform for conversion and editing.
If you have any other way to download and add YouTube video to iMovie for further editing, you can share your idea with us. Any suggestion will be highly appreciated and reliable solution will be added to the article later.