YouTube by Click is one of the most useful downloading software that you can rely on saving YouTube videos in HD quality. YouTube by Click is composed of a multi-threading feature that lets you adjust download speed to save videos quickly. Additionally, it allows you to convert the downloaded videos to multiple useful formats like MP4, FLV, AVI, and more. However, this software only works with Windows platforms. Therefore, if you’re using Mac OS, you need to look for YouTube by Click alternatives YouTube by Click is one of the most useful downloading software that you can rely on saving YouTube videos in HD quality. YouTube by Click is composed of a multi-threading feature that lets you adjust download speed to save videos quickly. Additionally, it allows you to convert the downloaded videos to multiple useful formats like MP4, FLV, AVI, and more. However, this software only works with Windows platforms. Therefore, if you’re using Mac OS, you need to look for YouTube by Click alternatives that can help you save videos. With that being said, it’s not easy to look for a similar video downloading software that contains the same features as YouTube by Click. Luckily, in this article, we gathered the most powerful downloading software that works with Mac OS.
YouTube by Click is a lightweight tool that helps you download YouTube videos easily. By just using the video URL, you can quickly get any videos you want on YouTube. However, no matter how convenient this tool is, it also has some limitations when downloading videos. Now, let’s take a look at some of the disadvantages of this tool below.
- This tool is only available for Windows PC. For Mac users, you need to find an alternative app for download YouTube videos.
- Even if it can download YouTube, this tool is not stable and sometimes crashes in the middle of the downloading process.
- It can only download videos to YouTube and not to any other videos sharing sites.
- It doesn’t have any advanced features for download YouTube videos.
AceThinker Video Keeper is the best alternative to YouTube by Click that works with Mac OS. This software lets you save videos from different streaming sites like YouTube in high-definition quality up to 4K resolution. On its “Detect” tab, it has a built-in web browser that you can use in visiting multiple video streaming sites without using external browsers. With that being said, it has an auto-detection feature that can automatically add the video to the download queue by just playing the video. Aside from being a reliable downloader, it can also convert the downloaded videos to MP4, AVI, WMV, FLV, MOV, and many more. Read down below and follow the steps on how to save videos easily.
Step1 Download and Install Video Keeper
First, to get the installer of the software, click one of the “Download” buttons below. Then, run and follow the installation guide to install it on your computer. Once done installing, you can launch the software to access its interface.
Step2 Download Videos From YouTube
Next, launch any web browser to visit the official website of YouTube. From here, you can look and select a video you wish to download. After selecting a video, copy its URL and go back to Video Keeper and click the “Paste URL” button. Then, the video will be moved to the download queue of the tool.
Step3 Watch the Downloaded Video
Then, once the downloading process is finished, go to the “Completed” panel of the tool. From here, right-click the file name of the video and choose “Play” to watch the downloaded video offline.
- It is capable of downloading a playlist and a large video file from YouTube.
- You can extract the audio from the video without downloading the entire clip.
CONs: You can only download one video at a time on its free trial version.
Next, we have Gihosoft TubeGet is one of the powerful YouTube downloading software like YouTube by Click. This software is composed of One-click download mode that lets you save videos in a simple click. You just need to choose the format, quality, and output folder, and it will apply to all further downloads. Furthermore, Gihosoft TubeGet is equipped with a multi-threading function that enables you to adjust its downloading speed. With that being said, it allows you to grab videos from different sharing sites faster. Also, you can rely on this software to save YouTube playlist, channels, and subtitles.
- It allows you to save videos in HD quality for up to 720p, 1080p, and 4K resolution.
- Gihosoft TubeGet enables you to download videos from 100+ online video sites.
CONs: There is a little quality loss in saving the videos as MP3 format.
SaveTheVideo is a service hosted on a website that is capable of downloading videos like YouTube by Click. This online tool enables you to save videos using different web browsers, including Safari, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. Not to mention, you can download video and audio from popular sites like YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, and more. There are also multiple outputs preset like MP4, MKV, HEVC that lets you stream the downloaded videos from various devices, including mobile phones, tablets, and computers. Aside from being a useful downloader, it has an editing function that allows you to cut and trim the downloaded video before saving it on your computer.
- It allows you to download large video files for free.
- It is capable of saving video subtitles from YouTube.
CONs: SaveTheVideo doesn’t allow you to adjust the download speed of the tool.
Documents by Readdle is a remarkable yet straightforward app for iOS devices, including the iPhone and iPad that is similar to YouTube by Click. This allows you to download multiple files from the internet like videos, pictures, and documents such as Word, PDF, and Excel. It has a built-in media player that lets you stream the downloaded files offline without using third-party apps. Document by Readdle has a wide range of support for various useful formats from different files. Furthermore, this app allows you to create a folder, compress to a RAR file, rename, and many more to organize all the downloaded files.
- You can back up the downloaded YouTube video to various cloud storage like iCloud, Google Drive, and more.
- It allows you to set a password to protect the downloaded video file.
CONs: You need to subscribe to its pro version for $49.99/year to unlock all the premium features of the app.
Most of us spend their time watching their favorite social media influencers and vloggers on YouTube. However, there are instances that the video buffers repeatedly. Therefore, you need to find a reliable video downloader that can help you save YouTube videos. This is necessary so that you can stream the video offline without experiencing any hassle. Read down below because we listed the things you need to consider in finding the best YouTube Downloader.
Things to Consider:
- Aside from YouTube, the software should allow you to download video and audio files from various video streaming sites.
- It allows you to save video files in high-definition quality for up to 720p, 1080p and 4K resolution.
- It should be capable of downloading playlist and channels from YouTube
- It lets you save the videos to different formats, including MP4, AVI, WMV, MP3, and more.
- Make sure it can download multiple files at the same time.
- Check if it’s composed of a user-friendly interface that lets you download videos even you’re a first time user.