Last updated on January 29, 2020 by Christina Green
Window Media Video (WMV) is a container format for multimedia files that is used to store audio and video information in a file. This format is a compressed video file format for severing proprietary codecs developed by Microsoft that is originally designed for internet streaming applications. Numerous video converter software are available that may help you to convert your favorite video to WMV format. But some of them don't give you satisfaction to the output because some of the available video converters reduce the quality of the video output after the conversion process. Luckily, in this article, we will provide eight reliable WMV converters to use in 2020. Read down below to have more knowledge of each solution.
1. Best WMV Video Converter – AceThinker Video Master
The AceThinker Video Master
has gained the reputation of the best video format converter by offering a handy approach of converting video files from one format to another format. It converts the video files to almost formats. It is an easy to use desktop tool. You can also download the HD videos from YouTube URLs and convert them into required formats. People also use it as a free YouTube video downloader and use it to download many HD files in a day.
- Download and Install the Video Master: Download the AceThinker Video Master. Then run the installer by following the set-up wizard to install the software. After that, launch the tool to take you to its main interface.
- Convert the videos: Click on “Add files” from the tool to take video from your computer. If you want a different format or design, you have to go to the tool menu, select “Profile” from the options present in the dropdown menu.
- Save the converted video: Once done, click the "Convert" button to obtain the video directly from the output folder of the tool.
2. Best Online WMV Converter - AceThinker Online Convert
If you're looking for a WMV video converter that needs no installation and doesn't cost any money, simply take AceThinker Online Video Converter as your option! Free Online Video Converter is for the interconversion of audio and video files. These include WMA, MOV, AAC, WMV, MP3, WebM, MP4, AVI, and many others. This converter works like a Video Master. Moreover, some simple editors are offered for you to trim, crop, add watermark, adjust volume, etc. It's 100% free and we’re sure it will be a decent WMV video file converter.
- Launch the tool: Using your web browser, visit the official website of the AceThinker Online Video Converter. From here click the "Select files to start" to upload videos from your computer.
- Convert Video: Click the "Edit" icon next to the file name of the video to enhance the quality of the video. Then click the "Format" button to choose different multimedia formats.
- Save the converted video: Lastly, click the "Convert" button on the lower right corner of the tool to save and locate the converted video according to your preferred file location.
3. Any Video Converter (AVC)
Any Video Converter
or AVC is one of the most reliable video converters. This converter supports over 50 video formats and converts into all those formats. It is really tough to find a program that works to convert such a huge number of video files into other files. Any Video Converter is a reputed tool and it is used by thousands of users every month. It allows you to convert normal quality videos into high-quality videos of another format. You can convert and download YouTube videos in HD quality and that’s what makes AVC an impressive tool.
Online video converter
is also a reliable choice, if you are looking to convert WMV format files into MP4, MP3 or other format files. This video converter offers many options. You can select any suitable option to convert the videos. Suppose, you don’t want to download a video from YouTube to convert it, you can paste the video’s URL and then start the conversion. Suppose, you have the video on your desktop or Smartphone, you can upload it and then convert it into the required format. The OnlineVideoConverter works on all the devices, like desktop, mobile and tabs.
5. Freemake Video Converter
Some people call it a reliable YouTube video downloader and some consider it a perfect video converter. The Freemake Video Converter
is one of those desktop tools, which have made video format conversion a fairly handy task for the users. It works better when you use it on the desktop. Freemake does not offer the online video conversion facility. So, you should check some other programs, if you are planning to copy a video URL on YouTube and convert it to another format.
is a video converter file that is renowned for converting AAC, MP3, M4A, 3GP, AVI, MOV and MKV format video files into WMV and vice versa. This video converter is an online video format converter. Converting WMV files through this converter would be a very simple task for you. Just copy a video URL of any format and choose WMV as the output video file format. ClipConverter will take only a few minutes and convert the video. You can create an account on the official site of ClipConverter and convert many videos in WMV or other formats on a daily basis.
Those, who know how the online WMV or MP4 converters work, Zamzar
is probably one of the best video conversion tools for them. It is a free and easy to use video format conversion tool. You can provide input URL for a normal quality video and get HD output videos.
8. Free Video Converter
Free Video Converter is a multi-featured tool that allows users to convert audio and video files to different popular multimedia formats. Using this tool, you can convert videos by batch and merge all the videos into one file, even on its free version. Aside from multimedia converter, this tool allows users to download videos from popular video-sharing platforms like YouTube, Vimeo, and more on the "Download" tab. Furthermore, you can use this software to burn files to CD quickly. However, you need to upgrade to its premium version to utilize the tool without limitations and restrictions.