YouTube is one of the most popular video-sharing platforms which caters different video contents like vlogs, music videos, TV shows, and more. It allows users to watch, like, comment, subscribe, and upload their own videos. Some of the big companies would use YouTube as an imperative marketing channel and run advertisements which may capture the attention of milions YouTube users. Moreover, you need to subscribe to its premium version to watch a video and listen to music without advertisements. However, there are common YouTube not workingYouTube is one of the most popular video-sharing platforms which caters different video contents like vlogs, music videos, TV shows, and more. It allows users to watch, like, comment, subscribe, and upload their own videos. Some of the big companies would use YouTube as an imperative marketing channel and run advertisements which may capture the attention of milions YouTube users. Moreover, you need to subscribe to its premium version to watch a video and listen to music without advertisements. However, there are common YouTube not working problems like it doesn’t work with Google Chrome, Android Devices, iOS Devices and more. Fortunately, in this article, we will discuss how to troubleshoot the common problems of YouTube from different devices. Read down below to obtain more knowledge on how to resolve this issues.
YouTube doesn’t work with your devices? There are some instances that we could not avoid like the YouTube network or server is down where you can’t access the software with any other devices. The main reason why YouTube experiencing outages because the web developers of the app are experiencing different conflicts. When YouTube is not working, the first thing you need to do is to visit the official website of downdetector and outage.report to check if the YouTube server or network is down. This useful software may help you to determine quickly because of the presented report on the webpage of the tool.
Next, there are some countries like China, North Korea, Sudan, and more where you can’t access YouTube because of the policies of their government. You may visit the website of Down of Everyone or Just Me, and copy and paste the link of YouTube to the URL bar of the website to determine if YouTube is available from your country. Or if you still want to access even though YouTube is banned from your country, try to use a Virtual Private Network. VPN is a private network that allows you to bypass the location detector of an app that can help you to solve the problem when this kind of restriction.
Can you access YouTube using Chrome? Take it easy, and we will provide some information to watch again your favorite vloggers and influencers from YouTube. Check your browser if you are using the updated version of Google Chrome. Furthermore, you can clear the cache and clear the data of the web browser cause sometimes expired cookies and clogged app data does not allow YouTube to work.
1. Update Google Chrome
Sometimes YouTube doesn’t work because the Chrome is not updated. Here are the simple steps to update your chrome.
- From your desktop, launch the Google Chrome
- Click the “More” button on the upper right part of the program
- After, click the “Update Google Chrome” to update. If there is no pending update available, it means that you are using the updated version of Chrome
- Finally, click the “Relaunch” to restart the browser.
2. Clear Cache, Cookies and Data
Other reasons why YouTube doesn’t work with chrome is because of clogged cache, cookies, and data. The steps are listed down below to clear data from Google Chrome.
- Open Google Chrome to access the web browser
- Click this link chrome://settings/clearBrowserData to access the clear data window.
- To clear the data of the app, you may click the “Clear data” button on the lower right part of the window.
3. Uninstall and Reinstall the Program
Re-installing the program may be the best step to resolve the said problem. Follow the steps that are listed down below on how to uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome to try and fix YouTube problems.
- First, go to the “Control Panel” of your computer and click the “Uninstall a program below” the “Programs” icon.
- Next, look for the Google Chrome app on the list and then right click the app and select “Uninstall”. Furthermore, follow the program uninstaller to successfully uninstall the program from your computer.
- To start reinstalling the chrome, using your web browser visit official website of Google Chrome and click the “Download Chrome” button on the webpage of Chrome to download the installer.
- Run the installer of the app and follow the installation process to properly install Google Chrome on your pc.
- After that, launch Google Chrome and visit the official website of YouTube to check if the problem is fixed.
4. Disable Chrome Extensions
Added Chrome extensions are the main reason why YouTube is not working in Chrome due to conflicts of the Chrome extensions. Read down below some of the steps on how to disable chrome extensions.
- To start, launch Google Chrome.
- Click this website to chrome://extensions/ to access the function of the web browser.
- On the lower right corner of each extension, you may click the slider button to disable the all Chrome extensions.
Nowadays, most of the people watch their favorite video from YouTube using their smartphones. But, occasionally you may experience bugs and error in using YouTube app with your Android devices. In here, we will briefly discuss the following steps on how to troubleshoot the problems encountered to get back on watching videos from YouTube using your Android devices.
1. Update the operating system of your Android Devices
Maybe the operating system of your Android device you are using is outdated, that is why YouTube doesn’t work.
- Tap the “Settings” on your mobile phone
- Next, swipe down to view and tap the “Software Update” section.
- After, tap “Download and Install”.
- Lastly, tap the “Install now” on the bottom part of the screen.
2. Update the YouTube App
You need to update YouTube app to access the new features and to avoid the bugs and error of the app.
- Using your Android phone, open the “Google Play Store” to access the app available in Android devices.
- Swipe your finger from left side of the screen going to right to view the sections of Google Play Store
- And then, tap “My app & games” section to view the downloaded apps of the device.
- Next, look for the YouTube app and tap the “Update” button on the next to the app name to successfully update the app.
3. Clear YouTube cache and data
Sometimes cache and data are the main reason why the YouTube app doesn’t function properly. Here are the simple steps below to clear the cache and data of the app
- Go to Settings of your android device.
- Next, tap the Apps to access the installed apps from your devices.
- Then, look for the YouTube app.
- After, tap the “Clear data” and “Clear cache” button to fix the bug of the app.
4. Uninstall and Re-install the updates YouTube App
The last solution on how to fix the problem is to uninstall the updates of the app then re-install it afterward.
Uninstall the updates of YouTube
- To start, on your android device, go to the Settings.
- Second, select Apps on the Settings to view the installed apps and look for the YouTube app
- Lastly, tap the “Uninstall Updates” button successfully uninstall the app.
Install YouTube App
- Using your Android device, launch the “Google Play Store” app.
- And then tap the search bar and type “YouTube” and hit the “Search” icon to look for the app.
- From the results, tap the YouTube to access the main page of the app
- Lastly, click the “Update” button to download and install updates of the app on your Android Devices
Not to mention, you would notice that the common past time of the people in this era is to watch trending videos from YouTube using their iOS devices like the iPhone and iPad. Sometimes, there are some problems that you can experience like YouTube not working on iPhone. You may read down below the steps to obtain more knowledge on how to fix the common problem of YouTube to enjoy watching without any hassle.
1. Update the iOS
- Go to the Settings from your iOS devices.
- Next, tap the “General” section to access the main settings of the devices
- After, tap the “Software Update”.
- Lastly, to download and install the updates in your iOS devices, tap the “Install now”
2. Uninstall and Re-install the YouTube app
The last to do if you are using iOS devices is to uninstall and re-install the app.
Uninstall YouTube app on iOS devices
- From the home screen of your iOS device look for the YouTube app
- After searching for the YouTube app, tap and hold the icon of the app until the “X” button will appear on the upper left corner of the tool.
- And then, tap the “X” button, and a window will appear and tap “Delete” to successfully uninstall the app.
3. Install YouTube App
- Go to the App Store from your iOS devices.
- Then, look for the YouTube app using the search bar of the store
- Lastly, tap the “Get” button to install the app successfully.