GIF images are so popular on social media especially on Facebook, because most of them are funny, which is the main point in the first place. This image format is slightly different from the regular still images that we see all the time. GIF images are moving pictures, much like a short video, but is playing in a loop. GIF can feature almost anything, but the most popular are mood GIF images. These days, most social media use GIF images, when they find it funny or fits the mood that they are in. GIF images are widely shared on Facebook, but it does not allow GIF format images to be uploaded onto their site at the moment. Fortunately, there are ways to still share these files without uploading them. In this article, we will discuss about the ways to create and post GIF to Facebook.
For people who like to create their own set of GIF files and then share the GIF images on Facebook, there are certain ways to do so. Using tools that specialize in converting file formats and editing them will be much very efficient. Acethinker Video Master is one of the tools that enable you to convert and edit video files so as to make your own GIF image. Here are the steps on how to create an animated GIF image from video using Video Master.
- Download and install the software: To get the installer, simply click the download buttons below. When the download is complete, run the installer and follow the Installation wizard.
- Launch the Tool and Add Files: Once the installation is successful, launch the tool and start the process from the home screen. To start, simply drag or click the “Add files” option, and select the video file that you want to convert.
- Edit and Trim the Video: Since you are making a GIF file, click the “Edit” option to trim the video to the right length. And in the Edit window, click the “Add Trim Marker” option to add markers to the part of the video that you want to trim, and click “OK” to cut them from the video file. Once the file has been trimmed, you will see the information has changed, click the “Profile” bar, to select the right file format, in this case, choose “GIF” and select the size of the file. Select where you want to save the file by clicking the “Folder” icon. Once everything is set, click the “Convert” button.
Try It Free
NOTE:After the conversion, the file location where the file is stored will appear, and you can preview the file from there.
With the popularity of GIF files, many websites that have GIF contents are widely used by people on the net. Most of these websites allow the visitors to copy and post their selected GIF to Facebook, by simply copying the URL and pasting it on your Facebook Update Status. One of these sites is Gif-finder, where you’ll find a wide range of GIF files. Gif-finder made it easy to copy the URL of their contents by adding a copy button. Here are the steps on how to add GIF to Facebook via URL.
- Go to Gif-finderi website, on the home page, choose from the wide range of available GIFs and select the one you want.
- Click the “Copy Gif” button to instantly copy URL.
- On your Facebook page, paste the URL on the Status Update box and wait for the GIF to appear.
- You can delete the URL after, and the GIF will remain and add any caption you want. Click the “Post” button to finish.
Most websites have simplified the process of posting GIF images to social media, by including the “Share” option to the GIF images on their website. This have increased the number of people who post a GIF to their Facebook pages. With the “Share” button being present, there is no need to leave the web page just to post the GIF file you found. One site that has this option is Imgflip. It has lots of memes and GIF files to choose from. To use this website to upload GIF to Facebook, just follow the instructions below.
Steps on using Imgflip:
- To reach the website of Imgflip, simply click the link here.
- Choose from the different GIF images on the site and click the “Share” button.
- Expand the list of available social media platforms where you can share the image.
- Select the Facebook logo and the file will be posted on your “Facebook Wall.”
Posting GIF on Facebook is not that complicated with today’s tools. However, still, being limited to just posting and not uploading is kind of a letdown since your post will eventually vanish as you keep on posting new ones. Who knows, maybe soon Facebook will allow GIF to be uploaded to an album. While waiting for that time to come, you can start making your own set of personalized GIF images using Acethinker Video Master. By following the steps above, there won’t be any problems in creating your personal GIF images.