Reddit is like your daily newspaper that contains everything interesting stuff in the world. Yet when compared to newspaper, Reddit is interactive, personalized, participatory, timely and absorbing. It provides a gateway for users to share the article they wrote, upload cool photos and so much more. Moreover, it comes with a bunch of funny video contents which is what people love the most about this website. Basically, it is a good place to be updated in anything that is going around you except that it offers no passage for downloading videos. Contents in Reddit are renewed on a regular basis so keeping your favorite videos for offline streaming is a great way to save them. Therefore, we gather up the best tools to download Reddit videosReddit is like your daily newspaper that contains everything interesting stuff in the world. Yet when compared to newspaper, Reddit is interactive, personalized, participatory, timely and absorbing. It provides a gateway for users to share the article they wrote, upload cool photos and so much more. Moreover, it comes with a bunch of funny video contents which is what people love the most about this website. Basically, it is a good place to be updated in anything that is going around you except that it offers no passage for downloading videos. Contents in Reddit are renewed on a regular basis so keeping your favorite videos for offline streaming is a great way to save them. Therefore, we gather up the best tools to download Reddit videos. Read through this article and discover different ways to save videos from Reddit.
We will begin with a cross-platform app called AceThinker Video Keeper as the first Reddit video downloader. It supports both Mac and Windows operating systems so you can download videos whatever OS your computer is running. Considering all its features, it’s safe to say that this app is good in every way. It comes compatible with almost all video site you can find online. The way it works is it downloads videos either via copying and pasting video URL as well as by detecting the video using its auto-detect feature. Also, it provides a one-click download button for YouTube videos and embedded ones on Reddit and other video platforms. Furthermore, if you want to make a creative video out of a video from Reddit, the offers a video editing options such as trim, crop, add effects, watermark and subtitle. So, without further explanation, let’s jump right in to the steps to learn how to use Video Keeper.
Step1 Install and run Video KeeperYou need to download the installer on your computer first. From the download buttons below, choose the right platform and proceed to download. Afterwards, install the app and run it.
Step2 Use in-app browser to visit RedditOnce the app is installed, go to the “Detect” tab. From here, type in reddit.com to be directed to the main page. Browse through the page and find a video you are most interested in then play it.
Step3 Download Reddit videoThis time, you can now download the video and keep them for later viewing. Hover the pointer of your mouse to the download icon and hit the “Download” button. Next process is the app will add the video to download queue and save the video onto your computer. If you want to get a playback, just head switch to “Download” tab. Look for “Completed” section on the left side, locate the video you’ve just downloaded and double click on it to play.
If installing a software is not your thing, you should opt to RipSave. This is an online downloader that enables you to download videos from different website sources. It can save videos from Reddit, Vimeo, Instagram, YouTube, and a lot more. You also get to choose the video format and quality before the download process. The app is straightforward to use, and you get to save time and storage space when downloading a separate an extra video downloader. Since this is an online tool, you can download videos from any website at any time you want provided that you have access to internet connection. If you want to learn more about this app, scroll down, and see the steps below.
- On your browser, head on to Reddit website by typing its name on the address bar.
- Check out the videos from the website and pick the one like the most.
- Copy the link and then open another browser. Next, type in ripsave.com on address box to go directly to the main page of Ripsave.
- Paste the link on the tool’s download box and click “Download”. Choose you preferred format, right-click on the download button on your target format and select “Save link as” to finally keep the video.
Although you can’t download video directly to the Reddit, there’s a video downloader developed solely for Reddit videos. This tool is named Reddit Video Downloader. Like the previous tool, this works with the help of a browser and an internet connection. Which is convenient if you want to save clips from Reddit promptly. The tool offers two ways of downloading videos. One is the native way of copy URL into the clipboard and pastes into the input box. The other is by using the “dl” trick, which instantly detects the video and provides a quick download. Furthermore, if you are browsing Reddit using your smartphone, you can also save Reddit videos from the comfort of your mobile device using this tool.
Step By Step Procedure
- First, open up your browser and go to the website of Reddit.
- Scan through the web and find a video you want to save and copy the link of the video post from the address box.
- From another tab, key in redv.co or click on the provided on the description to reach the official page immediately.
- When you reach the page, you should see a download form where you can put the link of the Reddit video.
- Paste the link, hit enter, and let the tool detect the video. To keep the video, hover your mouse to the preview, click the vertical dots and select “Download”.
You should also consider using Viddit.Red Downloader to grab videos from Reddit. Just like the tools mentioned above, this is capable of extracting videos from a Reddit video post link. It can also get videos from subreddit posts that contain video. In addition to this, it can recognize different kinds of video files as well as animated GIFs users are uploading. Even the videos, gfycat, Imgur which are hosted by Reddit can be downloaded using this software. If you find an interesting video, but you only like the audio of it, the tool can also turn video into an audio file. To delay no more, take a look at the below steps to download Reddit videos using Viddit.Red Downloader.
How to Steps
- Initially, you have to get the video post link by going to the Reddit site.
- Afterwards, visit Viddit.Red Downloader and paste the URL of the video.
- Click the “SUBMIT” button and click the Video MP4 file link under the video to download and save the clip.
Video Downloader is an Android application that works downloading videos from different websites. This app auto-detects videos that helps users fetch videos in just a tap. This app works as a mobile browser and a video downloader at the same time. You also get to choose whether to pause, resume, or remove your downloads. In addition to this, users have the option to save the downloader file in a specified folder. You can keep files into your SD card or on your phone local storage. Saving files in a password-protected folder is also being offered. In this manner, you will be able to find videos instantly. To easily download files with Video Downloader, be guided with the instructions below.
- To begin, get the app installed on your Android mobile phone. Simply go to Play Store and use the search bar to type the name of the app and install afterwards.
- Next, launch the program and use the built-in browser of the app to visit the Reddit site.
- Stream the video you like, and the download icon should be shaded red indicating that the video is ready to be downloaded.
- Tap on the icon followed by the “Download” button to save.
Another mobile Reddit downloader you could use is Documents by Readdle. This time, it’s an app for Apple devices. If you are regularly visiting Reddit using your iPhone or iPad and need to save interesting videos, this tool is for you. It lets you save files from Web, however, with the help of another online downloader. It also comes with an in-app browser that allows you to search for anything on the web and save any type of files, from media to document files. Aside from that from its downloading capability, it also works as a document reader. It allows you to view office files, create text files, and do a lot more. Meanwhile, here are steps you should take to be able to use this program.
How to Use Documents by Readdle
- Open the App Store on your iOS device.
- Type in Documents by Readdle on the search bar and tap the “Get” button to install the program. Launch it once successfully installed.
- Tap the icon at the bottom right corner to open the app’s browser. Visit “Savefrom.net”.
- On another tab, open Reddit and look for a video to download. Once you spot a video, tap on the three horizontal dots and select “Permalink”. Copy the link and then go back to Savefrom to paste the video link and download it.
- To preview the video, tap on the folder icon at the bottom left corner and select “Download” section. There you can find all your downloaded media files. Double-tap on the video to play.
With the help of these tools, you can now freely download videos from Reddit and enjoy your spare time streaming them offline. It’s your choice now to make on which tool is best for you. Well, you should pick the app that benefits you the most. If you are always on your phone browsing videos and websites, you should go with Documents by Readdle or Video Downloader. The rest of the apps, of course, are suitable for those who want to download using their computer. However, if you are considering the features and functions, you should pick AceThinker Video Keeper. It brings a lot of advantages which could help you with all your video downloading needs.