Facebook is a platform that lets people interact with others online. Since Facebook is a social media site, some of its main features are uploading photos, posting your thoughts, and sharing videos. In fact, there are a lot of videos like memes, events, music videos, and videos from your family and friends. Sometimes, you want to download those videos from Facebook to watch them later offline or keep them to share it on other social media websites. However, due to additional privacy, Facebook allows users to make their videos to be private. It does not let other people download videos that have original content quickly. Though, you have to be wary of other’s privacy since there is a reason why they make their videos private on Facebook. On the other hand, we have searched and listed all the possible ways to download private Facebook videosFacebook is a platform that lets people interact with others online. Since Facebook is a social media site, some of its main features are uploading photos, posting your thoughts, and sharing videos. In fact, there are a lot of videos like memes, events, music videos, and videos from your family and friends. Sometimes, you want to download those videos from Facebook to watch them later offline or keep them to share it on other social media websites. However, due to additional privacy, Facebook allows users to make their videos to be private. It does not let other people download videos that have original content quickly. Though, you have to be wary of other’s privacy since there is a reason why they make their videos private on Facebook. On the other hand, we have searched and listed all the possible ways to download private Facebook videos below.
The first video downloader on our list that can get private videos on Facebook is the AceThinker Video Keeper. This tool can download videos from 100+ websites like YouTube, Dailymotion, Vimeo, and can even download private Facebook videos easily. Also, you can convert video to your preferred format like MP4, MKV, MOV, WMV, and AVI so you can play Facebook videos on different devices. Besides, you can download videos with this tool faster and can support HD quality video downloads. Moreover, Video Keeper can adjust video presets for iOS devices, Android, PlayStation, and Xbox console. To know how this tool downloads private Facebook videos, see the steps below on how to use AceThinker Video Keeper.
Step1 Download and install the AceThinker Video Keeper
You can get the installer of the AceThinker Video Keeper by clicking one of the download buttons below. After downloading, launch it, and proceed on following the steps on installing the tool on your computer.
Step2 Copy the private video URL on Facebook
Next, go to Facebook with your account and look for the private video that you want to download. From there, copy the video URL, and then launch the AceThinker Video Keeper tool on your PC. Go to the “Download” section, and click the “Paste URL” button to start downloading the video.
Step3 Preview the downloaded private Facebook video
After downloading, go to the “Completed” tab under the “Download” section, and choose the Facebook video you downloaded. You can play it by double-clicking the video, or you can right-click on it, and select “Play.” Also, you can locate the video by choosing the “Open Folder” to open its file location automatically.
Next on our recommendation list is the GetFbStuff. This web-based video downloader can easily download private Facebook videos, and also hosts numerous Facebook videos in its library. In fact, GetFbStuff is solely made for getting Facebook videos and does not require you to install any software on your PC. Since this tool is a web browser tool, you can use it on Windows, Mac, Linux, and more. For more knowledge, GetFbStuff doesn’t usually use the standard video URL that you can see on the hyperlink bar once you visit a video site. It will use the embedded source code to download any private videos on Facebook. To understand the use of this tool, check the steps below.
Steps on downloading private Facebook video:
- Go to Facebook and look for the private video that you want to download, and open it in a new tab. Next, right-click on the page, and choose “View page source.” You can also press the “CTRL+U” on your keyboard view the source code quickly, and copy the entire page source by clicking the “CTRL + C” key.
- Once done, open the GetFbStuff private Facebook video downloader, and paste the source code on the download page.
- After putting the source code on the downloader, click the “Download” button to start downloading the video.
Another convenient web-based tool on our list is the FBDown.net. This website focuses on downloading public and private Facebook videos at ease. In fact, FBDown.net can also download Facebook live videos as long as it is done live streaming. Moreover, you can install a Chrome Extension of FBDown so you can download videos from Facebook quickly. You can also download videos from Twitter using FBDown.net. For more understanding, see the guides on how to use FBDown.net below.
Guides on how to use FBDown.net:
- Go to Facebook and log in your account, look for the private FB video that you want to download.
- Next, right-click the video and choose “Copy Video URL at current time.”
- Once done, visit the Private Video Download of FBDown. Just paste the URL of the video on its URL bar and click the “Get Video” button.
- Lastly, copy the whole text from the left box, and paste it to the right box, and then click the “Download” button to start downloading the private Facebook video.
Getfvid is one of the best Facebook video downloaders on our list. You can easily get your desired private FB video just copying its source code. Also, this online tool can convert video like MP4, MKV, MOV, and AVI to audio formats like MP3, WAV, 3GP, and more. However, Getfvid does not store or copy downloaded video. It only hosts videos directly on Facebook’s server, and it also removed the download history you made on this site. In addition, you can get live-streamed videos and watch it later offline. Getfvid can help you to gather all your preferred videos from Facebook, no matter if it’s a public, private, or live stream video. That being said, you can follow the steps below on how to download private FB videos using Getfvid.
Here’s how you download private FB videos:
- Go to the Facebook page that contains private videos, and right-click on the page and choose “View page source.” You can also press the “CTRl+U” keys to go to source page quickly.
- Then, copy the whole source code by clicking the “CTRL+C” on your keyboard.
- After you copy the source code, go to Getfvid, and paste the video page source on the source code box, and then click the “Download” button to start downloading.
In case you are looking for an Android app that can download private Facebook videos, then Videoder can help you with that task. This app can not only download Facebook videos, but also from over 50 and more video sharing websites. Also, Videoder can get videos up to 4K quality to play it on your Ultra HD TV while offline. Besides, it can do batch downloading, which allows users to download many videos at the same time. Since Videoder is a simple tool for Android, it will embed a download button on a video site, and on Facebook to get a private videos. To start using Videoder, follow the steps below.
Easy steps on using Videoder:
- Open the Facebook app on your Android phone and log in your account.
- Then go to the page that has your desired private video.
- Since Videoder will embed a “Download” button on Facebook, you can click it to start downloading a private video.
- Next, a screen will appear that contains the download links along with its video quality. Simply select one of your preferred video quality.
- After you choose your preferred resolution, a new screen will appear that lets you select your video’s file location. Then, tap the “START DOWNLOAD” button to continue and finish downloading.
All of the said tools can download private videos on Facebook easily. They can all provide HD quality video, and you can use all of them fo free. Sure, you can have your family, or friends videos that have original content, and share it with other social media platforms. Also, these tools are so simple to use that even non-techy users can download private FB videos at ease. Just don’t forget that there is a reason why other people make their videos private. They might want to show it to other people but don’t want to share it to avoid being a trend.