The HTML5 format makes the web content organized, interactive and well structured. Thus, it’s easier for you to play videos without downloading extra plug-ins. That is why most commonly used browsers like Safari, Chrome, Firefox, and Opera are integrating videos under the HTML5 format as it will be easier for the visitor of the site to see video contents. And now the trending video sharing websites like YouTube, Dailymotion, Vimeo, etc. are also using the new HTML5 format. In case you ever find an HTML5 video you want to download for offline viewing, here we have compiled a list of the best ways to download HTML5 videoThe HTML5 format makes the web content organized, interactive and well structured. Thus, it’s easier for you to play videos without downloading extra plug-ins. That is why most commonly used browsers like Safari, Chrome, Firefox, and Opera are integrating videos under the HTML5 format as it will be easier for the visitor of the site to see video contents. And now the trending video sharing websites like YouTube, Dailymotion, Vimeo, etc. are also using the new HTML5 format. In case you ever find an HTML5 video you want to download for offline viewing, here we have compiled a list of the best ways to download HTML5 video when it comes to practicality and features.
The best way to download HTML5 video YouTube is by using an independent and reliable tool like AceThinker Video Keeper. This is a desktop video downloader that needs to be downloaded and installed on your PC. Compared with the free online HTML downloaders, Video Keeper allows you to download videos in batch, and more additional features are offered, like video editing, screen recording and video converting features. We can say that Video Keeper is an all-in-one HTML5 video downloader, player, and converter that will suit all your multimedia needs. It’s very easy to use this tool. You can just follow the steps below to start the HTML5 video downloading.
Step1 Set Up Video Keeper
Click the buttons below to launch the application. Choose the right PC platform then click it to download the program. Follow the setup wizard until the app is launched.
Try It Free
Step2 Download HTML5 Videos
First, open your browser and copy the link of the HTML5 video you wish to download. Then on the interface of the tool, navigate to the “Download” tab. On the left-hand side corner click on the blue button the “Paste URL” button to start downloading the video.
Another easy and simple way is using video detection. TO use this feature, click on “Detect” located at the main menu. Once the built-in browser opens, fetch the desired video and press play. The tool will automatically detect that there is a media playing. If you are downloading an HTML5 video using the detect tab on YouTube, you can just click the Download button below the video you are trying to download.
Step3 Check Downloaded HTML5 File
To check if the video is completely downloaded, switch tabs from “Detect” to “Download”. Next, look for “Completed”, find the file name downloaded. To play the use of your computer mouse, then double-click it, wait until the built-in player plays the file.
1. Online Video Converter
The next HTML 5 video downloader on this list is Online Video Converter. This web-based tool allows users to download HTML5 links into multiple video formats like MP4, AVI, MPG, and more. Additionally, it supports downloading the videos in the highest quality possible, like HD 1080p and HD 720p. The primary function of this online tool is to convert YouTube videos and turn them into an audio format like MP3. Moreover, Online Video Converter is compatible with any major web browsers that support HTML5 videos. Finally, all of these excellent functions are all available for free, and users can download videos without any limit. To learn more about this web-based tool, check the steps below.
- Open a web browser to visit the official website of the online tool. From here, you will see the URL box wherein you need to paste the HTML5 video link.
- Next, open a web browser then visit an HTML5 video streaming site to select the video you want to download. Copy the URL of the selected video.
- Then, go back to the interface of Online Video Converter to paste the URL into the download box. Select your desired format, and quality then click “Start” to begin the process.
- After that, click “Download” to save the copy into your device. Once done, open the target folder to play the downloaded HTML5 video.
The next tool on our list that can get HTML5 videos is the YooDownload. This tool is an easy-to-use video downloader where you can have videos from its supported websites like YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook videos, Twitter, Instagram, and more. Also, you can use this tool without downloading any application on your PC because it only requires you to have an Internet connection and a web browser to download your desired videos. On the other hand, below are the steps on how to use this tool.
- To begin, go to a video streaming site where you want to download a video. Then, copy the video URL by right-clicking your mouse and choose “Copy,” then paste it to YooDownload’s URL box.
- After that, click the “Download” button to proceed on downloading.
- Next, continue downloading the video by choosing the quality of the video, then click the “Download” button and select the file location from where you want to save the video. It will automatically download the video once you do that.
- After you download the video, you check it from the file location you choose. It also shows you the same quality you selected before you downloaded it.
Clipconverter is a video downloader site where you can easily video clips and convert them to a different format like MP4, 3GP, AVI, MOV, and MKV. Also, this tool can turn your videos into an audio file format such as MP3, M4A, and AAC. In fact, you can quickly get HTML5 videos because you can grab them without installing anything on your PC, you need to have an Internet connection, and a web browser to start using this tool. Undoubtedly, this tool can help you get a soundtrack and listen to it later while offline, especially when you want to listen to that audio while relaxing. See the steps below to know how to use Clipconverter.
- Visit the official site of Clipconverter to start using the tool. Then, go to a video streaming site where you want to download the video. From there, copy the video URL by right-clicking your mouse and select “Copy,” or you can just hit the “CTRL+C” keys from your keyboard to copy the link of the video instantly. After that, paste it to the URL box of Clipconverter. Then, click the “Continue” button to proceed on converting videos.
- After clicking the “Continue” button, different file formats on the “Conversion Format” tab will appear. From there, select one of the available formats and then click the “Start” button to begin the download process. Before the actual download start, you need to choose where to save the file by selecting the file location.
- Once the download is finished, you can check it by going to the file location of the video. From there, select the video and press “Enter” on your keyboard, and the playback will start. You can also double-click on the video to play it.
The next YouTube HTML5 download tool that also acts as an internet browser extension is the Video DownloadHelper. The developer claims that it is one of the complete web video downloaders. This chrome extension can download YouTube videos and save them into the local disk without playing it on the webpage. Additionally, it works for both Chrome and Firefox browsers. However, its Chrome version could not download YouTube videos. Also, its browser extension version is only limited to download videos, and it cannot do any additional activity like video conversion. Regarding this, users will need to download their desktop software for them to convert any videos.
How to Use Video DownloadHelper
- First, click the link located at the description above to access the browser’s web store. After that, click “Add to Chrome” then “Add extension” to save it into your browser.
- Next, open a new tab to visit any video streaming website then select any videos you want.
- After that, at the right side of the browser’s address bar, click the Video DownloadHelper logo to show the available video qualities.
- Then, select the video quality you wish to download. After that, the process will start automatically.
- Once downloaded, open the target folder to play the video and check it.
All the mentioned tools above are quite helpful and effective in downloading HTML5 videos. You can decide which one to use based on your requirements. If you’re looking for free ways to get HTML5 videos, then go for Free Online Video Downloader and Universal Video Downloader. However, if you want more than simple video downloading, Video Keeper will be perfect for you as almost all the HTML5 video downloading, playing, converting, and even editing functions are provided. By the way, if you know any better way to save HTML5 videos, please let me know by dropping a message in the comment area. In case you’re interested, you can also check this post to learn on how to download from URL link. Thank you!