The HTML5 format makes the web content organized, interactive and well structured. Thus, it’s easier for you to play videos without downloading extra plug-ins. That is why most commonly used browsers like Safari, Chrome, Firefox an Opera are integrating videos under the HTML5 format as it will be easier for the visitor of the site see video contents. And now the trending video sharing websites like YouTube, Dailymotion, Vimeo, etc. are also using the new HTML5 format. In case you ever find an HTML5 video you want to download for offline viewing, here we have compiled a list of the best 6 tools you can use to download HTML5 videoThe HTML5 format makes the web content organized, interactive and well structured. Thus, it’s easier for you to play videos without downloading extra plug-ins. That is why most commonly used browsers like Safari, Chrome, Firefox an Opera are integrating videos under the HTML5 format as it will be easier for the visitor of the site see video contents. And now the trending video sharing websites like YouTube, Dailymotion, Vimeo, etc. are also using the new HTML5 format. In case you ever find an HTML5 video you want to download for offline viewing, here we have compiled a list of the best 6 tools you can use to download HTML5 video when it comes to practicality and best features.
The first recommended HTML5 video downloader is AceThinker Free Online Video Downloader, a 100% free web-based tool that allows you to download HTML5 videos in Chrome, Firefox, IE, Safari, etc. It doesn’t require any registration plus, no limitation in usage. Aside from that you only need a working internet connection, a browser, and the link of the video. You can follow the instructions below to download HTML5 videos from online video sharing websites.
Step1 Find the HTML5 Video You Want to DownloadFirst go to any video streaming site and find the HTML5 video you wish to download. Play the video first, and then copy the link of the video from the address bar. Please see photo for better understanding.
Step2 Paste the HTML5 Video LinkNow you can use the download bar below to get the video. All you have to do is paste the copied link to the URL field and click “Download” to initiate the process.
Step3 Download the HTML5 VideoOnce detected, this free HTML5 video downloader will give you several formats. Choose the format you like then hover your mouse on the “Download” button beside the format chosen and wait until the video is downloaded.
The other way to download HTML5 videos is by using an independent and reliable tool like Video Keeper. This is a desktop video downloader that needs to be downloaded and installed on your PC. Compared with the free online HTML downloaders, Video Keeper allows you to download videos in batch and more additional features are offered, like the video editing, screen recording and video converting features. We can say that Video Keeper is an all-in-one HTML5 video downloader, player and converter that will suit all your multimedia needs. It’s very easy to use this tool. You can just follow the steps below to start the HTML5 video downloading.
Step1 Set Up Video KeeperClick the buttons below to get the application. Choose the right PC platform then click it to download program. Follow the setup wizard until the app is launched.
Try It Free
Step2 Download HTML5 Video Either Way You LikeThere are two ways on how to download the video using this tool. The first one is by using the link of the video. First copy the link of the video you wish to download, then from the interface of the tool, click the “Download” tab. From there, click the “Paste URL” button to start downloading the video.
The other way by is downloading the video using the auto-detection. Head up to the “Detect” tab and use the built-in browser to directly search for the site and the video. Once the tool detected that there is a media playing, it recognizes and downloads it in no time. If you downloading HTML5 video using the detect tab on YouTube, you can just click the Download button below the video you are trying to download.
Step3 Check Downloaded HTML5 FileTo check if the video is completely downloaded, switch tabs from “Detect” to “Download”. Next, look for “Completed”, find the file name downloaded. To play the use your computer mouse then double-click it, wait until the built-in player plays the file.
Universal Video Downloader is a universal tool that you can use to download HTML5 videos from different websites. This is an independent tool that can download videos via URL. Also, the interface is very simple that makes it easy to use and navigate into. Equally important, the tool is versatile for it is available on any device platform. Whether it is a PC, Mobile Phone, Tablets and Hololens. IF you are familiar with the process of any web-based apps, this is going to be weasy for you then. To begin with Unviversal Video Downloader, follow the steps below.
- First download the application from the official website to download and install the application. Next, launch the application to see the download bar.
- Open a nmew tab to search for the HTML5 video you wish to acquire and copy the link from the address bar, then switch back to the tool. Into to the “URl field” paste the link copied. To initiate the process, choose “Go.”
- Finally, choose the format that you like and click it to save in your PC.
The next tool on our list that can get HTML5 videos is the YooDownload. This tool is an easy-to-use video downloader where you can have videos from its supported websites like YouTube, Vimeo, FaceBook videos, Twitter, Instagram, and more. Also, you can use this tool without downloading any application on your PC, because it only requires you to have an Internet connection, and a web browser to download your desired videos. On the other hand, below are the steps on how to use this tool.
- To begin, go to a video streaming site where you want to download a video. Then, copy the video URL by right-clicking you mouse and choose “Copy,” then paste it to YooDownload’s URL box.
- After that, click the “Download” button to proceed on downloading.
- Next, continue downloading the video by choosing the quality of the video, then click the “Download” button and select the file location from where you want to save the video. It will automatically download the video once you do that.
- After you download the video, you check it from the file location you choose. It also shows you the same quality you selected before you downloaded it.
Clipconverter is a video downloader site where you can easily video clips, and convert them to a different format like MP4, 3GP, AVI, MOV, and MKV. Also, this tool can turn your videos into an audio file format such as MP3, M4A, and AAC. In fact, you can quickly get HTML5 videos because you can grab them without installing anything on your PC, you need to have an Internet connection, and a web browser to start using this tool. Undoubtedly, this tool can help you get a soundtrack, and listen to it later while offline, especially when you want to listen to that audio while relaxing. See the steps below to know how to use Clipconverter.
- Visit the official site of Clipconverter to start using the tool. Then, go to a video streaming site where you want to download the video. From there, copy the video URL by right-clicking your mouse and select “Copy,” or you can just hit the “CTRL+C” keys from your keyboard to copy the link of the video instantly. After that, paste it to the URL box of Clipconverter. Then, click the “Continue” button to proceed on converting videos.
- After clicking the “Continue” button, different file formats on the “Conversion Format” tab will appear. From there, select one of the available formats and then click the “Start” button to begin the download process. Before the actual download start, you need to choose where to save the file by selecting the file location.
- Once the download is finished, you can check it by going to the file location of the video. From there, select the video and press “Enter” on your keyboard and the playback will start. You can also double-click on the video to play it.
Just like the other video downloader, QDownloader can easily get HTML5 videos from the web and from an Android device. In fact, you can various videos source with this tool, because it supports more than 800 video streaming sites like YouTube, LiveLeak, BiliBili, Vimeo, and more. Also, in case you are worried about your device’s safety, this downloading video site is known as one of the most trusted, safe, and secured website. To understand this tool further, check the guides below.
- At first, begin on copying the video URL from a streaming website, then paste it to QDownloader URL box, and click on the “Download” to continue downloading the video.
- After that, you will see a list of video quality within the website. From there, choose your preferred video quality and file size, then click the “Download” button and select the file location of the video. It will start downloading after that.
- Once the downloading is complete, you can play the video by double-clicking it from its file location. You can verify if the video has the same quality you selected before you download it.
All mentioned tools above are quite helpful and effective in downloading HTML5 videos. You can decide which one to use based on your requirements. If you’re looking for free ways to get HTML5 videos, then go for Free Online Video Downloader and Universal Video Downloader. However, if you want more than simple video downloading, Video Keeper will be perfect for you as almost all the HTML5 video downloading, playing, converting and even editing functions are provided. By the way, if you know any better way to save HTML5 videos, please let me know by dropping a message in the comment area. Thank you!