BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation) offers plenty of news videos on the official website along with posts. You can enjoy the videos online for free but you can’t download BBC video directly for offline access as there is no download option provided. If you wish to save the BBC news broadcasts as local video file for watching later, you can get a BBC video downloader that allows you to download from their website. Here the best 4 solutions for downloading BBC news videos. All of them are easy to use, quick and effective.
Video Keeper - Best Program to Download BBC Video
Video Keeper is one of the most popular video downloaders that can help you download video from BBC website. Apart from BBC, it can also grab videos from other popular video sharing sites including; YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, VEVO, Facebook and many more. After the videos have been downloaded, you can even use the built-in video converter to change the format to play the video anywhere you like. Another great feature it offers is a screen recorder. With it, you can even capture the BBC live videos. As an all-in-one video downloader and recorder, Video Keeper is recommended as the best tool to download BBC news videos, no matter if it’s a downloadable video or a live broadcasted one.
While the principle of this software is to download videos from web, it has additional benefits. For instance, you can download multiple video clips at the same time. This not only saves your time but makes the process much more efficient if you are exporting videos to local media formats or compatible formats for your device. Click one of the buttons below to install the free trial of this amazing program. It will work on both Windows and Mac computers.
Step1 Copy BBC Video URL
Open up the official BBC website and find the video that you you’re going to download. Open the video up in a new page and copy the URL of the video in the address bar.
Step2 Download BBC Video
Click the Paste URL button on program’s interface to add the video to your download queue. When you have selected several videos and put them in the queue, click the Downloading menu on the program’s left pane to see how the downloads are progressing. After the downloads are completely finished, you can watch these BBC videos within the program. To do so, right-click on a clip and select “Play”, you may also go to Open Download Folder to locate downloaded videos in your local directory.
Step3 Convert the Video if Needed
Since all of these clips are saved in an FLV format, you may need to convert them to a different format. This process is also easy to complete with this program. On the “Finished” tab, right click to select a video and click “Convert”, you can then choose a suitable format to convert your files. After a few minutes, depending on the video length, this should be complete and free for you to use.
Attention: If you prefer to watch videos on video sharing platforms in AVI, MP3, MP4 or various streaming formats you can select different output types in the Video and Audio buttons on this program. Just make your selection and then click “OK” in the bottom corner.
Use CamStudio to Record BBC Video (Win Only)
CamStudio is freeware for recording anything on your desktop quickly and can produce AVI file for the screencast. Although this method is a bit longer, it does work as you can keep this tool running when watching the BBC news. Once you finish watching, you will get the recorded video as well.
- 1. Go to the official site of CamStudio, download and install this tool.
- 2. Run this tool on your desktop, you can then open a browser and load the BBC video you wish to record.
- 3. Click the start button (red circle) on CamStudio’s interface, when you see the mouse cursor turns to a cross-hair, drag a region that covers the window of the BBC video you wish to record.
- 4. Release your mouse to start recording. You can then minimize the program to desk-tray and watch the video like usual.
- 5. When the video is finished, you can return to the interface and click the “Stop” button (blue rectangle). The video will be saved as an AVI or SWF file to your chosen directory.
Flash Video Downloader - Firefox Add-on to Grab BBC Video
If you are a Firefox user, there is a free add-on can help you download videos from BBC. This add-on is called Flash Video Downloader, it’s totally free and easy to use. Flash Video Downloader not only works for BBC, but also supports other popular video websites like YouTube, Dailymotion, Vimeo, etc. Now, let’s start to download BBC video with Flash Video Downloader.
- 1. Launch your Firefox browser, go to the Firefox add-on panel and search for Flash Video Downloader, install the add-on. And then restart your Firefox browser.
- 2. After you finish the installation, you will see a small gray download arrow icon in the menu bar.
- 3. Go to BBC.com and find a video you want to download. Play the video.
- 4. Watch the icon. When it changes to a blue arrow with a movie ‘clapperboard’ icon it means the BBC video is ready to download.
- 5. Click the arrow button, it will return a list with choices of video quality such as 1080p, 720p, 480p, etc. Select any one you want. And the download will be start automatically.
- 6. Once the download is finished, it will save in the default folder. That’s all.
That’s the end of this article, if you have better solutions for downloading videos from the BBC website or encounter issues this guide, feel free to drop a message below.