Most people would like to know how they can animate their images in smaller file sizes. Not only pictures but also videos. The answer is to convert video to GIF files. GIF is a type of image that loops endlessly. Meaning, it continues playing without you playing it again. However, GIF doesn't have audio, so it is just for viewing groups, images, or videos. Still, GIF files are helpful when uploading them to social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and more. To help you know how to convert video to animated GIF and more info about this format, keep on reading below.
What are the requirements on converting GIF
GIF files are a group of raster images that play without audio. Meaning, you need to put a lot of pictures to loop them to make a GIF file. Also, some tools can turn MP4 and other formats to GIF. It is because GIF files can be saved in small file sizes. But don’t expect to have a clear GIF quality because this file can only produce a low-quality video.
Best Tool to Convert Video to Animated GIF
Platform: Windows and Mac
To convert video to GIF, we highly recommend that you use the AceThinker Video Master. It can easily convert videos to any format you desire like MP4, MKV, AVI, FLV, GIF, and more. Besides, you can accurately choose the device that you are using to convert the video depending on its compatibility. Another good thing about this tool is it can merge multiple videos into one file. Perfect for making GIF files into a smaller file size. To know how to use this tool, you can follow the steps below.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Download and install the Video Master
First, get the installer by clicking one of the "Download" buttons above. Then, launch it and follow the setup guidelines for installing the tool to your PC. Once done, open the app to get familiar with its interface.
Step 2 Add the video that you want to convert
You can add video files by clicking the "+" button at the center part of the video converter. If you want, you can open the video's file location, drag and drop it on the Video Master to add it quickly. You can also open multiple videos so that this tool can convert them all at the same time.
Step 3 Configure the settings
Next, you may click the "Gear" icon at the bottom part of the tool to go to its settings. From there, you can set the subtitle and audio of the video to any language you prefer. You can also change its default output folder for saving the converted video. Then, click the "OK" button to apply the settings.
Step 4 Start converting video to GIF
Click on the "Convert All to" drop-down button at the upper rightmost part of the tool and choose GIF format. You can also select the resolution from 320x240, 500x376, and 700x526. Then, click the "Convert All" button at the right corner to start the conversion process.
Step 5 Share the GIF file
Converting video to GIF with this tool will only take a few moments to finish. Once done, go to the "Converted" tab and click the "Share" button at the rightmost part of the video. Just choose the platform from where you want to share the GIF, and the tool will do the rest for you.
- It has lots of device presets to choose for converting videos.
- It allows you to add effects and filters.
- It lets put subtitles on the video.
- You can put local audio on the video.
- It allows you to put a watermark on the video before converting it.
- It lets you rotate, crop, add segments, and split the video.
- You can only convert videos up to 5 minutes longer to its free trial version.
Online Video Converter to Turn Video to GIF Online for Free
Platform: Web browsers
If you don't want to install any software on your computer and yet want to convert videos to animated GIF, use the AceThinker Online Video Converter. It does not require you to register an account because you only need to upload the video from its official website. It will do the rest on converting the video to GIF. You can also keep the video's resolution before turning it, or change to 240p, 360p, 480, 720p, and 1080p. With this free video to GIF converter tool, you can have as many GIFs as you want.
- Perfect online tool to quickly convert short videos for free.
- Supports converting videos to MP4, AVI, MOV, WMV, and more.
- It has a basic video editing feature.
- This tool can also convert video to audio format for free.
- You can also change the frame rate before you start converting videos.
- It can only convert one video at a time.
Extra Tips for Creating GIF from Video
Another alternative tool for converting video to GIF is by visiting a stand-alone video converter website, which is the IMG2GO. This tool only requires you to upload videos or get the URL of the video that you want to turn into GIF. It also lets you change the size of the video by its width and height. You can check the listed steps below.
- Simply upload the video that wants to convert to GIF by clicking the "Choose File" button within its homepage.
- After that, scroll down a little bit to see its optional settings. You can change its size, color filter, DPI, and more.
- Next, click on the "Start" button to begin converting the video. Since this website is made for converting videos to GIF, it will save it on your computer as GIF automatically.