Android provides you with lots of entertainment options with games, music, and videos. Among all these options, what most millennials like is to spend their time watching movies on their phones. But the built-in video player in most Android phones is not up, and you will need to download apps that provide you a fantastic movie watching experience. The reason that you will need to download video player apps from the play store is that the default video app doesn’t play HD or MKV format videos well. There are hundreds of video player apps out there for, and you’ll be spoilt for choice. This is the reason introducing you to the top 7 video player apps for AndroidAndroid provides you with lots of entertainment options with games, music, and videos. Among all these options, what most millennials like is to spend their time watching movies on their phones. But the built-in video player in most Android phones is not up, and you will need to download apps that provide you a fantastic movie watching experience. The reason that you will need to download video player apps from the play store is that the default video app doesn’t play HD or MKV format videos well. There are hundreds of video player apps out there for, and you’ll be spoilt for choice. This is the reason introducing you to the top 7 video player apps for Android.
MX player has been one of the most popular video player apps for android having the most number of downloads compared to other players. MX player is the one app that has been supporting a large number of video formats for a long time, and it’s set the benchmark for other players by bringing in hardware decoding, support for subtitles, kids lock and supports for almost every codec out there. You can also add more plugins to enhance the features of this beautiful video player for Android.
- All-in-one player that can play both video and audio format
- Easy zoom feature to zoom-into objects you want
- Supports all types audio and video codecs
- Adjust volume by scrolling the side of the screen
Acethinker Video Master
Multi-purpose Video Player
- Ultras-fast and easy-to-use.
- Supports all famous video and audio formats.
- Has a built-in media player.
- Loaded of useful features- screen recording, video conversion, video editor, etc.
- Transfer video/audio to Android and iOS devices.
MoboPlayer is another video player that has been around for a long time and supported a lot of video formats. With the help of software decoding, the MoboPlayer also plays video formats that your mobile phone usually doesn’t support. Like most other video players, the MoboPlayer also supports multiple audio tracks and subtitles. It also supports streaming media from the internet and has a media library management system to manage all your audio and video files with a cover flow view for easy access to your files.
- Supports various video formats
- Software decoding enabled
- Supports multiple audio tracks and subtitles
- Media library with cover flow view
- Supports media stream
VLC Media player is quickly becoming a household name with people having desktops, mobile and tablets. If you can’t play a video with any other player, no need to worry, as VLC media player will play that video file without any issues. You can stream videos by entering the URL of the video or play obscure video formats like DVD ISOs. Most the codecs are built-in so that you don’t need to download any additional codec to play your video file. Downloading as well is free.
- Play all kinds of video formats
- Built-in video codecs
- Subtitle support
- Full media support
- Multi-track audio support
BS Player is another popular Android video player application that has found it’s place in many android mobiles across the world. It is simple, lightweight, you can easily download it from the Google Play Store, and it’s free to download as well. BS player supports both ARMv6 and ARMv5 devices too and also has support for quad-core and dual-core processor Android mobile phones. There is also a paid version available, but you can see all the features available in the free version. The only downside to the free version is the ads, and you can enjoy an ad-free movie watching experience with the BS Player paid version.
Key Features of BS Player
- Totally free to download
- Free version has all the features of the paid version too
- Supports ARMv5 and ARMv6 devices
- Various playback modes are supported in the playlist
- Supports subtitles and various audio streams
- Subtitles can be downloaded easily
- Playback speed can be controlled easily
- Lock screen during watching videos to avoid any disturbances
V Player is another new entrant in the Android Video player market. The new look and striking design have already attracted many users to download this amazing video player application. Watching HD videos is an awesome experience as hardware acceleration is excellent, so you never see a glitch. V Player also supports most of the popular video formats. The latest version of the V player launched recently has been upgraded with a lot of new and exciting features. V player is free to download from Google Play Store or any Android market.
Key Features of V Player
- V Player also supports network stream videos
- A built in audio and video library to store all your favorite media file
- Supports most of the popular video formats like .avi, .mov, .wmv, .3gp, .flv, .avi, .mkv, .mp4, .m4v and more
- Available to download for free
- Supports multiple track audio with subtitles
Rock Player 2 is an all-in-one popular video player app for Android that not only plays video files but also plays audio files too. The user interface of Rock Player 2 is stunning and also has gesture support so that you can increase or decrease the volume with just a swipe of your finger. It also supports all popular video formats. It is available free for download and also has various control bars that can be customized according to your requirements. Network streaming is also supported with Rock Player 2.
Key Features of Rock Player 2
- Gesture support is enabled
- Supports all popular video formats
- Media file manager is also available
- Easy to use and amazing user interface
- Customized control bars
- You can play all formats fluently
The last but not the least android video player in our list is the Wondershare video player that also comes with a lot of features like various video players discussed before. Wondershare player enables you to play your local video files as well as provides a hub to stream your favorite videos from the internet from popular video channels like YouTube, Vevo, TED, Hulu, ESPN, etc. Wondershare video player supports all kinds of popular video and audio codecs. There is also a Windows desktop version available with Wondershare video player.
- Play local audio and video files
- Stream videos from the internet
- Supports all major video formats