If you forget the passcode to your iPad and enter the wrong passcode too many times, your iPad will disable itself as a protection method. This also means that it will disable itself if someone else – such as a child or a thief – enters the wrong password too many times. The first time it happens it only lasts for a minute. It will then disable itself for five minutes if the wrong passcode is put in again. If the wrong passcode is continually entered, the iPad could become permanently disabled. If this happens, you’ll no doubt want to know how to unlock disabled iPadIf you forget the passcode to your iPad and enter the wrong passcode too many times, your iPad will disable itself as a protection method. This also means that it will disable itself if someone else – such as a child or a thief – enters the wrong password too many times. The first time it happens it only lasts for a minute. It will then disable itself for five minutes if the wrong passcode is put in again. If the wrong passcode is continually entered, the iPad could become permanently disabled. If this happens, you’ll no doubt want to know how to unlock disabled iPad. The good news is that you do have options. Keep reading to learn four simple and effective ways to unlock a disabled iPad.
If you want to know how to unlock disabled iPad without iTunes, then AceThinker iOS Unlock would be the best choice there is. This software lets you crack open a disabled iPhone/iPad and remove Face ID, delete the unlock fingerprint, and also remove the Apple ID all without having to enter a passcode. Here are the simple steps on how you can easily unlock your iPhone or iPad using AceThinker iOS Unlock.
Step1 Install the AceThinker iOS Unlock on your PC
Download AceThinker iOS Unlock to your PC by clicking one of the “Download” button below. Install and open the program and connect the iPhone to PC using a lightning cable. Click on “Unlock Screen” from the main interface of the app. Read through the instructions and then tap on “Start” to get started.
Step2 Unpack the firmware
Give the app a minute to detect the device automatically. Once it has done so, you can click “Start Downloading” to begin downloading the appropriate firmware. After the firmware is downloaded, choose “Start Unpacking” to unpack the firmware.
Step3 Unlock your iPad
After the unpacking process is complete, you can click “Start Unlocking” and use the code “111” to finish the process.
If you’ve synced your iPad to iTunes on your computer in the past, then you could use iTunes now to restore the device. You don’t need to worry about data loss either as you can use the iPad backup to restore the data that is lost in the process. This will help you if your iPad is disabled.
- Open up iTunes on your computer and connect the iPad to the computer that it was synced to before. This means you don’t have to accept the “Trust this Computer” notification on the iPad.
- Choose the iPad icon on iTunes, open the summary, and choose “Restore iPad.”
- Click the “Restore” option to confirm the choice. When the restoration has finished your iPad will be unlocked and ready to use.
You might be wondering how to unlock disabled iPad without iTunes. The good news is that you can do it if you remember your Apple ID and password and you’ve enabled the “Find my iPad” feature on the device. You can now restore the iPad using iCloud with these simple steps.
- Open the iCloud website and log in with your Apple ID and password.
- Click the “Find iPhone” button and then choose the disabled iPad under “All Devices.”
- Click on the “Erase iPad” button to restore the device to factory settings and also remove the screen passcode.
If you haven’t synced your iPad to your computer and you don’t remember your iCloud password, then this could be the last option you have. You can attempt to restore your iPad by using Recovery Mode and iTunes. This will help you on how to undisable an iPad. Here are the steps involved.
- Connect the iPad to the computer and open iTunes.
- Put the iPad in Recovery Mode by holding down the Power and Home buttons simultaneously. Keep the buttons pressed down until the Apple logo appears and then choose “Connect to iTunes.”
- On iTunes you will have the option to restore or update your iPad. Choose the Restore option to begin restoring your iPad. Once the process is complete, you’ll have fixed the disabled iPad problem.
Now the next time your iPad gets disabled you’ll know how to fix it without any trouble. Of all of these options, we would have to recommend trying AceThinker Unlock iOS. This option can fix the disabled iPad and other potential iPad problems in a matter of minutes. Try out the tool for yourself and let us know how it goes by leaving a comment below!