There are endless accounts of people who need to get into their iPad and factory reset it but they don’t know their iCloud password. They need to know if it is possible to do it. There are lots of reasons you could be in this situation too, such as purchasing a second-hand iPad off someone who doesn’t know the password either. Perhaps you’ve just had yours so long that you forgot the password. It needs to be reset though, because you plan on giving it to someone else. Here we have showed several ways to factory reset iPad withou passwordThere are endless accounts of people who need to get into their iPad and factory reset it but they don’t know their iCloud password. They need to know if it is possible to do it. There are lots of reasons you could be in this situation too, such as purchasing a second-hand iPad off someone who doesn’t know the password either. Perhaps you’ve just had yours so long that you forgot the password. It needs to be reset though, because you plan on giving it to someone else. Here we have showed several ways to factory reset iPad withou password.
AceThinker iOS Unlock Unlock is one of the best tools that you can use to factory reset iPad without passcode. This tool can remove the passcode, Touch ID, Face ID, and also Apple ID. In fact, if you purchased a cheap secondhand iPad but its locked, then you can use this fantastic tool to unlock from the locked or disabled iOS device. Also, this tool is so fast and straightforward to use that even amateurs can unlock their iOS device easily. It is also compatible with the newest iOS versions and iDevices. To know how to use this tool, keep on reading below to see the steps on how to use AceThinker iOS Unlock.
Step1 Install the AceThinker iOS Unlock
First, click one of the “Download” buttons below to get the installer of the AceThinker iOS Unlock. Then, launch it and follow the setup wizard to install the tool on your PC. After that, connect your iOS device to your PC, and then run the AceThinker iOS Unlock to start scanning your phone.
Step2 Start unlocking your iOS device
After the tool scanned your iOS device, click the “Unlock Screen” button from its main interface. Then, click the “Start” button to begin unlocking your iOS device without a passcode. Be notified that your device will go to Recovery Mode during the unlocking process. Also, all the data on your iOS device will be removed after unlocking it. Just make sure that your device is fully charged, and do not use it while unlocking.
Step3 Finish unlocking your iOS device
Once the unlocking process is finished, you can now access your iPad successfully. You will see that your device is unlocked without using any iCloud password. That’s how easy it is.
The first thing to do when resetting a second-hand iPad is to try and get in touch with the previous owner. If they remember their old password then they can even perform a remote factory reset. They can get the job done without any input or downloads required on your end. If not, you can still perform to reset iPad to factory settings without password.
Here’s how to perform a remote factory reset:
- Have the other person open iCloud on their browser and log in with their credentials.
- Click on “Find iPhone.”
- Click “All Devices” and then choose the device in question. The iPad should, in theory, show up as it is still connected with their account.
- Click on “Erase iPad” and then confirm the erase operation.
NOTE: Don’t worry if you can’t contact the previous owner. Just try one of these other methods.
If you have synced your iPad with iTunes then you can use perform a factory reset iPad without iCloud password through iTunes. Here’s how to perform a factory reset of an iPad.
- Connect the iPad to the computer that it has been synced to on iTunes.
- Click the iPad icon in iTunes and click Back Up from the iTunes main window.
- Click on Restore after the backup has completed. This will factory reset the iPad.
- Open the device tab again and click on Restore Backup to restore the old data back to the freshly reset iPad.
If you’ve not connected your iPad and iTunes then you can factory reset the iPad using the “Recovery Mode” feature to erase iPad without passcode, which doesn’t need the iCloud password. Here’s how:
- Launch iTunes on your computer and connect the iPad.
- To reset the iPad in “Recovery Mode” you have to force restart it while it’s connected like this. Press the “Home” and “Sleep/Wake” buttons together until the “Connect to iTunes” prompt appears.
- Click “OK” n the message that iTunes detected an iPad in recovery mode and then click on Restore. This will restore the iPad to factory settings and you can set it up like new.
If you ever have to factory reset your iPad without an iCloud password then one of your best bets would be to use AceThinker iOS Unlock. While we’ve outlined some other methods to factory reset iPad without a password, none of these methods are totally foolproof. iOS Unlock is the only solution that is guaranteed to work every time. It actually removes the Apple ID and iCloud account from the iPad so that you can reset it without a problem.