Nowadays, we don't need to meet our clients or colleagues face to face to conduct business meetings. Thanks to the development of technology and several video conferencing platforms available. In connection with that, WebEx Meeting is one of the best platforms for conducting online conferences. It has a Team Collaboration feature that allows users to screen share video meetings, whiteboard, and messages. By signing an account on WebEx.com, you can set scheduled meetings with others so you won't miss one. Meanwhile, it is necessary to record video WebEx meetings to keep a record of everything you discussed for each party. Luckily, it is easy to record WebEx meeting by using its built-in recorder and the best screen recorder alternatives.
How to Record Webex Session with Webex Recorder
In case you don't want to install any 3rd party screen recorder software on your computer, you can use the inbuilt screen recorder of WebEx. This will help you save time when there's an emergency conference call. It can also help the host to record the meeting and watch it later if they aren't able to attend or join the conference video call. However, there are some important requirements that you need to meet before you can achieve it. Read the info below to learn more about it.
Requirements to use the Built-in Recorder
- You can automatically record a WebEx meeting if you are the host.
- If you're an attendee, you must ask a permission from the host.
- The host should also grant and activate the recording controls, so you can save the recorded meeting on your computer.
- First, hit the link of WebEx.com to open you to its official website and create an account. Next, type your email address on the text bar, click the "Sign Up" button and wait for the verification code. Follow the registration process, and the tool will be downloaded automatically.
- Once done, launch the tool from its WebEx.exe file folder. Next, click on "Start Meeting" to begin hosting the conference call. Then, input the meeting information on the text bar to join a conference call. Next, ask the host to allow you to record the WebEx meeting.
- From the conference video call window, hit the "Recorder" button at the bottom part of the tool to start recording the WebEx meeting. Once the meeting is finished, you can directly hit the "Stop" button to end the recording process. The recorded file will be saved to the host's email, and you can check the output by copying the link given by email.
Advanced and Easy Way for Webex Recording
We’ve found a great screen recorder for Windows and Mac that can record WebEx meetings without any complications, and it’s called the Screen Grabber Premium. This tool capture anything that appears on your computer screen in full-screen, region mode, around the mouse, and external web camera. Also, it can produce high-definition quality audio on the recorded video. Meaning, you can hear all the topics you’ve discussed on the WebEx meeting properly. Besides, you can put annotations like shapes, lines, arrows, and text while recording, which is helpful whenever you want to take note of the essential parts of the meeting.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Download and install the Screen Grabber Premmium
First, click one of the “Download” above to get the installer of the software. Then, run the installer and follow the steps on installing the tool. After installing, run the program to view its interface.
Step 2 Configure the Settings
Next, hit "Video Recorder and hit the "Settings" icon tp customize it. From there, choose the “Settings” option to change the output folder, video format, video, and audio quality, and set hotkeys. Then press the “OK” button to apply the changes.
Step 3 Begin Recording WebEx Call
After you configure the settings, turn on "System Sound" and "Microphone" to get the whole conversation. Then, identify the recording mode between "Full" and "Custom." Next, hit the "Rec" button to start.
Step 4 Finish Recording WebEx Call
Once the conference video call is done, click on the “Stop” button beside the “Pause” button to finish the recording process. A preview window will appear allowing you to watch it immediately. Once you're good with it, hit the "Save" button to keep it in your preferred output folder.
We have provided you a comparison chart that will help you to compare these three screen recorders being reviewed in this article. It can help you to find what you are looking for on a certain screen recorder. This chart can make it easier for you to see the advantages and disadvantages of the said tools.
|Screen Grabber Premium||WebEx built-in recorder|
|Record in multiple modes|
|Output Format||MP4, WMV, AVI, M4A, etc||MP4, WRF|
|Best feature||Task Scheduler||It sends the recorded video to the host's email|