Lync is a popular application for professionals to hold meetings for employees, customers, clients, business associates, etc. It is also a great platform for individuals to make video calls and send instant messages. Compared with Skype, Lync offers a more corporate and polished option for video communication. If you’re a business runner, sometimes you may need to record Lync meeting to remember the important points or to show people who missed the meeting for some reason. Don’t worry as you’re not alone! There are many people looking for the Microsoft Lync meeting recording solutions. What’s the best way to record a Lync meeting? Now you can have a look at the following workable methods.
Record Lync Meeting With Default Options
Can Lync record meeting? Luckily, the anwser is Yes! You can just use the default settings offers by Lync to record the online meeting. When the Lync meeting begins, carefully select the content types to be included. Click on “Recording Options” and make the right selections before the meeting starts. Changes will apply to anything recorded from the moment you click the button and continue till the particular recording session is complete. Default settings will be active again when you start the program for the next meeting in the future.
- 1. When the conversation window is open during a Lync meeting, click on "Settings" in the menu. You can make this bar appear in the "More Options" settings section of the program.
- 2. Press "Recording Options."
- 3. Checkmark any of the boxes in the Lync-Recording Options window depending on the type of video you wish to grab. Grayed out options may be indicative of your company or group not allowing that type of recording to occur.
- 4. To begin, click "OK."
Note that this recording feature is not ON by default. If you want to use it to record Lync online meeting, you will first need to enable it, which may be a little tricky. Meanwhile, this Lync recorder doesn’t offer any advanced features, such as adding text or other annotations. And there is only one video recording mode provided. Due to these shortcuts, many people are looking for other ways to capture Lync meetings.
Record Lync Meeting Online for Free
If you don’t want to install a program for Lync recording, you can give Free Online Screen Recorder a try. It’s a free web-based screen capture that allows you to record all the activities that happen on your computer screen along with audio in high quality. This well-liked program enables you to record in many different modes and formats so you can create precisely the project you want. You can choose full or partial screen areas, just record a certain distance around your mouse and grab video from the webcam as well. It also lets you take still screenshots and add text and graphical annotations while the recording is going on. You can follow the simple steps below to use this free screen recorder to record a Lync meeting.
1. Visit the homepage of Free Screen Recorder Online and click Start to launch the app. If it’s the first time you use it, you will be asked to install a launcher to activate the app.
2. After the recorder shows up, you can make the recording settings before you start. Simply click the gear-like icon to set the video format, output directory, keyboard shortcuts, etc. At the same time, click the audio icon to choose the audio input source.
3. When all the settings are done, open Lync and start your meeting. You can then customize the recording area and click the red REC button to start recording the Lync session from your computer screen.
4. If you want to end the Lync recording, you can click the Pause icon and then tap the green tick icon to save the video.
Desktop Software to Capture Lync Meetings on Mac/Windows
Screen Grabber Pro for Mac is a professional program that lets you record anything displayed on your Mac screen with audio simultaneously. It features the ability to record videos in flexible ways like Full Screen, Region and Webcam. Besides, it enables you to add texts, lines, highlights, etc. while the recording is going on to annotate and enhance the recording instantly. Moreover, this Lync screen recorder offers a built-in converter that allows you to convert the recorded videos to various video/audio formats for playing anywhere. There is also a Windows version provided for you to record Lync session on Windows XP/7/8/10. You can now get the program and follow the user-friendly interface to get all the recording work done within a few clicks!
1. Download, install and run the program on your Mac and choose the audio input mode from None, System Sound, Microphone or Both System sound and microphone. Then select the desired recording mode from Region, Full Screen or Web Camera.
2. After the recording mode has been set, the program will begin the recording. If you want to finalize the recording, simply click the Stop button and the recorded video will be shown in the file list on the main interface. That’s it! The Lync meeting recording is done!
3. Mac Screen Recorder allows you to save the captured video in many popular video formats like AVI, MP4, WMV, etc. If needed, you can choose the video files and click the Convert button from the menu to convert them into the formats you want.
Above are 3 simple methods on recording Lync conversations and meetings. You can just choose the one you prefer to save your Lync meeting for viewing later. If you don’t need extra features besides simple recording, you can just use the default options. However, if you want advanced features like real-time editing, you can turn to the other 2 ones. Generally, desktop recorder is recommended as it’s more stable.