Many professionals use the Microsoft Lync application to hold meetings between employees, customers and clients or business associates. It also allows for individual video calls and instant messaging. Lync offers a more corporate and polished option over the popular video communication platform Skype. No matter what you are using this program for, it might be a beneficial idea to record the meetings you hold. This may be important to remember important points down the road or to show people who missed the meeting for some reason. The following methods may work for you.
- Record Lync Meetings With Default Options
- Use an Internet-Based Method to Record Lync Meetings
- Best Way to Record Lync Meetings on Mac/Windows
Record Lync Meetings With Default Options
As the Lync meeting begins, carefully select the content types to be included. Click on “Recording Options” and make the right selections before the meeting starts. Changes will apply to anything recorded from the moment you click the button and continue till the particular recording session is complete. Default settings will be active again when you start the program for the next meeting in the future.
- 1. When the conversation window is open during a Lync meeting, click on "Settings" in the menu. You can make this bar appear in the "More Options" settings section of the program.
- 2. Press "Recording Options."
- 3. Checkmark any of the boxes in the Lync-Recording Options window depending on the type of video you wish to grab. Grayed out options may be indicative of your company or group not allowing that type of recording to occur.
- 4. To begin, click "OK."
Recording a Lync meeting in this way may take a few extra steps since there is no default “on” setting that will automatically start when the meeting commences. It does not have the advanced features, such as adding text or other annotations that other recording programs have. Only one video mode is available.
Use an Internet-Based Method to Record Lync Meetings
No matter what you want to record on your screen, you can do so without having to pay for premium software applications with Free Online Screen Recorder. It captures all the action on your screen and automatically saves the files in the popular WMV movie format.
This well-liked program allows you to record in many different modes and formats so you can create precisely the project you want. You can choose full or partial screen areas, just record a certain distance around your mouse and grab video from the webcam as well. It also lets you take still screenshots and add text and graphical annotations. Follow the intuitive steps to use Online Screen Recorder to capture Lync meetings.
Best Way to Record Lync Meetings on Mac/Windows
Screen Grabber Pro for Mac is a professional program that helps you record anything displayed on your Mac screen with audio simultaneously. It features the ability to record videos and take screenshots in flexible ways. Following the user-friendly interface, all the recording work can be done in a few mouse clicks! Moreover, it can serve as a video converter, allowing you to convert videos into various popular formats for playing and sharing with the world. With this powerful Mac screen recording program, you can record Lync meetings on Mac with ease. Now just download the program and follow the instructions to capture Lync meetings on Mac.
- 1. Download, install and run the program on your Mac and choose the audio input mode from None, System Sound, Microphone or Both System sound and microphone. Then select the desired recording mode from Region, Full Screen or Web Camera.
- 2. After the recording mode has been set, the program will begin the recording. If you want to finalize the recording, simply click the Stop button and the recorded video will be shown in the file list on the main interface. That’s it! The Lync meeting recording is done!
- 3. Mac Screen Recorder allows you to save the captured video in many popular video formats like AVI, MP4, WMV, etc. If needed, you can choose the video files and click the Convert button from the menu to convert them into the formats you want.
Trafalgar has reviewed many software solutions in terms of multimedia, working efficiency, communication and more. He's keen to the strengths and weakness of each tool in evaluation. You could easily find out the best solutions for your needs in his articles regarding screencasts and video downloads.