VoIP calling isn’t too mainstream. Still, it is one of the safest methods to connect with people via broadband wired internet connection and Wi-Fi or wireless Internet data. As its acronym suggests, Voice Over Internet Protocol is audio transmission system over the Internet. Instead of digital or analog signals, the voice from one end is transmitted to the other end via data packets.
Using VoIP for audio calls is fun and cost-effective. The line rates may drop up to 90 percent if the call is made over IP. Also, it’s convenient to make a connection anywhere without taking your particular device or SIM card to that location. Sometimes you may need to record VoIP calls to save the conversation for sharing or future reference. Here are a few best VoIP call recorders that enables you to save VoIP audio calls in real-time on your computer with security and free from malware attacks.
Record VoIP Calls Online for Free
The first choice for recording VoIP conversations is Free Online Audio Recorder, a 100% free online service that can record any sound from your computer and microphone. The recorder works online and comprises of 12 features apart from recording audios online. VoIP recording is its smartest tool overall. Recording music and audio messages online from chatrooms and conversations to save hours of recorded data in a split of second are few of the quality functions of this free tool. Here is a step-by-step process of how to record VoIP calls on computer using it.
- Visit the official website of Free Online Audio Recorder and click the Red Button that starts recording your VoIP audio call.
- Instead of selecting microphone as the input audio source, choose the system sound or Microphone or System Sound for recording VoIP calls.
- Make sure that your VoIP call is connected after Record button is pressed.
- To save the recorded file, click the Stop recording button and then Save the VoIP file to the designated folder.
Streaming Audio Recorder - Top Desktop VoIP Recorder
This VoIP call recording software has all the features that exist in the audio recorder mentioned above, plus it provides premium features for professional users including customized output quality and format of the audio file. Streaming Audio Recorder lets its users record VoIP calls in the best format available. The tool extracts audio online and from the microphone, from videos and CDs. You can record the high-resolution radio programs to the system without losing any bitrate. The recording is done in three simple steps:
1. Download and Install the Streaming Audio Recorder to the designated folder, adjust settings and run the VoIP call.
2. Choose the input audio source as System Sound or Microphone, it is recommended to select System Sound and Microphone.
3. Click ON button to start recording VoIP calls and OFF to terminate the recording. Press Save button to save the recorded file.