Before the world embraced the SMS messaging, people frequently left short recorded messages known as voice messaging to each other. The voice message was then sent to the recipient as a voicemail. Voicemails are powered by computers that allow for the recording and transfer of voice messages. Nowadays it is also an option at many telephone companies. Voicemail can be used to leave an important message. The old ways to record voicemail message, such as with an answering machine, are still around of course; but in this article we are looking at more modern ways for voicemail recording.
Use a Microphone and Free Voicemail Recorder
The first method for recording voicemail messages is to use a microphone together with Free Audio Recorder Online. Using this way to record voicemail messages, you can get high quality audio output. Here are a few tips on how to do it.
1. First of all, connect your external microphone to the computer. The leads are color-coded, so this is super simple.
2. Next you can open the Free Audio Recorder website and hit the start button to begin recording the audio. Afterwards, click on “Microphone” as the audio input. Also, hold the speaker of the phone close to the microphone.
3. When you’re ready to record, use your phone to dial your voicemail box number and sign in to get the messages to play. If you haven’t pressed the “start” button yet, then you need to do so a few seconds before playing the voicemail. After you finish recording the voicemails, all you need to do is pressing “Stop” to finish the recording.
Tips: Don’t forget to use a good quality microphone for high quality audio. It also helps to set your phone to hands-free so that it plays the messages louder and makes them easier to record.
Use the Free VoIP Service and Audio Recorder Software
The next solution for how to record a voicemail message is similar to the first one, but it involves using a free VoIP service alongside the excellent audio recording solution Streaming Audio Recorder. Everyone knows that VoIP has become one of the cheapest and most popular ways to communicate with people online. The most popular VoIP solution is Skype, where people might think that if it was such a natural function then there would be a great demand for saving voicemail messages on these services. The good news is that it’s really quite simple. Just read through our guide below.
- Start out by downloading and installing Streaming Audio Recorder. Open up the program when it’s ready.
- Make sure that you click on the “On” button before playing the voicemail. This enables Streaming Audio Recorder to record the voicemail which your computer plays when it detects the sound of the mail.
- Now open up your VoIP program and open up your voicemails. Play the voicemails after opening them up, playing the one you need to record.
After you record the voicemail messages you want to keep, you can edit the audio using the built-in audio editor, or transfer it to a CD/DVD using the built-in CD burner. Due to the increase in demand and use of VoIP services, this method of recording voicemail has become one of the most popular.
Record on Android phoneAnother term on recording or saving the voicemail messages is through Android phones. This method is actually the most popular and effective way to record voicemail messages because most of the people are using mobile phones as of today. In this method, you can just transfer the recorded voicemail messages to your PC, and you can also upload it on Google drive, or any cloud storage to have a back-up file in case you accidentally erased the voicemail message on your device. That being said, it is one of the best ways of recording voicemail messages. On the other hand, keep on reading below to see the steps on how to record voicemail message on Android phones.
Step1 Go to your Android’s recorderFirst, launch your phone’s recorder app. From there, click the “Record” button to start the recording process. Also, in this interface, you can end the recording by clicking the “Stop” button once you are finished. You can also watch the recorded audio by clicking the “Recording” button, and it will redirect you to its file location.
Step2 Play the voicemail messageNow that the recording starts, go to the messaging of your phone, or to any messaging app that you are using. Then, simply play the voicemail message while recording. It will be recorded and saved on your phone after you finish recording.
Step3 Listen to the recorded voicemail messageOnce the recording is done, you can play the recorded audio under the “Recording” section. From there, choose the recorded audio file, and click the “Enter” key on your keyboard. You can also double-click the audio file to play it quickly.
- It takes only a few clicks to record voicemail messages
- You can also transfer the recorded voicemail to your PC
- It also records the noise around you
Record voicemail message on iPhoneIf there is a method on recording messages on Windows PC and Android phones, there’s also an easy way to record voicemail messages on iOS devices, especially on iPhones. In fact, you can make voicemail messages as notes or memos, and share them via messages, mail, and or Airdrop. Also, keeping voicemail messages as a memo allows you to trim the audio before you share them, it can help when you only want to share a specific part and not the entire sound. You can also transfer the voicemails from your iPhones to your Mac device. Just by syncing your iPhone to iTunes, all of the voicemails turned into a memo will be imported on your iTunes library as audio files.
Step1 Start recording voicemail messageTo start recording voicemails, go to voice memos where your voicemail messages are being stored. Then, click the “Record” button, and play the voicemail message to record it automatically.
You can start by turning the voicemail message into a voice memo by clicking the “Share” button on the messaging app that you are using. Then, it will allow you to choose if you want to upload it online, save it to your phone, or save it in Voice Memo. Choose the voice memo to start the first step of recording voicemails.
Step2 End the recording processOnce done recording, you can simply click the “Stop” button to end the recording. You can instantly listen to the recorded audio within the Voice memo’s interface. Just choose the audio file and click the “Play” button, or you can just double click the sound file to start listening to it.
- You can trim the recorded voicemail by turning it to voice memo
- It also allows you to upload it directly online
- Once you trim the recorded audio, the original file will be deleted permanently