Before the world embraced the SMS messaging, people frequently left short recorded messages known as voice messaging to each other. The voice message was then sent to the recipient as a voicemail. Voicemails are powered by computers that allow for the recording and transfer of voice messages. Nowadays it is also an option at many telephone companies. Voicemail can be used to leave an important message. The old ways to record voicemail message, such as with an answering machine, are still around of course; but in this article we are looking at more modern ways for voicemail recording.
Use a Microphone and Free Voicemail Recorder
The first method for recording voicemail messages is to use a microphone together with Free Audio Recorder Online. Using this way to record voicemail messages, you can get high quality audio output. Here are a few tips on how to do it.
1. First of all, connect your external microphone to the computer. The leads are color-coded, so this is super simple.
2. Next you can open the Free Audio Recorder website and hit the start button to begin recording the audio. Afterwards, click on “Microphone” as the audio input. Also, hold the speaker of the phone close to the microphone.
3. When you’re ready to record, use your phone to dial your voicemail box number and sign in to get the messages to play. If you haven’t pressed the “start” button yet, then you need to do so a few seconds before playing the voicemail. After you finish recording the voicemails, all you need to do is pressing “Stop” to finish the recording.
Tips: Don’t forget to use a good quality microphone for high quality audio. It also helps to set your phone to hands-free so that it plays the messages louder and makes them easier to record.
Use the Free VoIP Service and Audio Recorder Software
The next solution for how to record a voicemail message is similar to the first one, but it involves using a free VoIP service alongside the excellent audio recording solution Streaming Audio Recorder. Everyone knows that VoIP has become one of the cheapest and most popular ways to communicate with people online. The most popular VoIP solution is Skype, where people might think that if it was such a natural function then there would be a great demand for saving voicemail messages on these services. The good news is that it’s really quite simple. Just read through our guide below.
- Start out by downloading and installing Streaming Audio Recorder. Open up the program when it’s ready.
- Make sure that you click on the “On” button before playing the voicemail. This enables Streaming Audio Recorder to record the voicemail which your computer plays when it detects the sound of the mail.
- Now open up your VoIP program and open up your voicemails. Play the voicemails after opening them up, playing the one you need to record.
After you record the voicemail messages you want to keep, you can edit the audio using the built-in audio editor, or transfer it to a CD/DVD using the built-in CD burner. Due to the increase in demand and use of VoIP services, this method of recording voicemail has become one of the most popular.