Different types of PDF files are used for various purposes. One example is fillable PDF files, which is used for gathering information. However, PDF files are not a secured form of documents; that is why one cannot make sudden changes on the spot. The only way to type on a PDF fileDifferent types of PDF files are used for various purposes. One example is fillable PDF files, which is used for gathering information. However, PDF files are not a secured form of documents; that is why one cannot make sudden changes on the spot. The only way to type on a PDF file is by using specialized PDF tools. On the other hand, getting ahold of these tools is not an easy task as most of them aren’t trustworthy. That is why listed below, are some of the best PDF typing tools available on the internet. Read on to discover what these tools are, and how to use them to write on PDF document anytime.
Acethinker PDF Editor
Last but not least is Acethinker PDF Editor, which is an all-in-one PDF tool and allows you to easily type PDF. What makes Acethinker PDF Editor stand out among other tools, is that its functions come within single purchase. This is one way to make sure that the user gets value for their money. Also, compared to other mainstream applications like Adobe Acrobat, Acethinker PDF Editor costs way cheaper. However, the tool does not fall behind in terms of its functions. Writing on a PDF is nothing but a necessary function of the tool. To learn how to write on PDF documents with Acethinker PDF Editor, follow the steps below.
Step1 Download and install Acethinker PDF Editor
To get the installer of Acethinker PDF Editor, click one of the download buttons below. Next, run the installer on the PC and follow the instructions of the setup wizard.
Try It for Free
Step2 Write on the PDF
Launch the tool immediately after installation and then open the PDF document using it. From the “File” tab, click “Open” and look for the PDF file from the file explorer to open it on PDF Editor. Once the PDF is opened on the tool, click the “Edit” tab and select “Add text.” Choose where to place the text box and type in the text that you need to write. Use the different options available from the right-hand side of the tool to enhance the text.
Step3 Export the PDF file
Once done writing on the PDF file, click the “File” tab again and select “Save.” This is to export the newly edited PDF file into the PC where it will be available to view.
- Only one time payment for all features
- Works on both Windows and Mac
- Must purchase the licensed version to access full functions
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is a professional PDF tool for all PDF-related purposes. However, the tool does not give all of its essential functions at once because they need to be purchased separately. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC has many functions that can be purchased, but luckily, the option that allows users to type on PDF files comes for free. Being able to type on PDF files, makes filling out PDF forms easier without having to print it out first. That is why Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is an excellent tool to have. To learn how to type on PDF with this tool, follow the steps below.
How to Use Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
- To install the tool, head to the official website by clicking the link above. From the product page, click the download button to get the installer.
- Run the installer shortly after download and follow the instructions that will appear on the screen.
- After the installation, open the PDF file using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
- First, launch the tool and from the main interface click the file “File” tab and from the options that will appear, select “Open” and look for the PDF that you want.
- Once the PDF is opened, click the “Tools” tab and then click “Fill & Sign” option. This option is the one responsible for typing and filling out PDF files on the tool.
- Start by selecting where to add the text and start typing on the PDF immediately.
- To add different options while writing on the PDF, click the different options like font size, and font style from the toolbar.
- Once done with writing on the PDF, save the changes made by clicking the “File” tab again and select “Save” or “Save as.” This way, the text added will reflect the next time the PDF file is opened.
- Has a lot of different PDF options
- An all in one tool
- Most PDF options are purchased separately
- Needs the licensed version to use the full functions
Preview for Mac
Preview is the default PDF viewer of Mac devices. Aside from being able to view PDF files, it can also function as an image viewer, making it a versatile tool. However, the tool is only available to use on Mac and there alone. This means that Windows users can’t hope to use the tool even if they want to. By using Preview, people can view, and type on a PDF file at the same time. That is why Mac users seldom use other PDF tools because Preview is all the tool that they need. To learn how to write on PDF on Mac with Preview, follow these steps.
How to Use Preview
- Open the “Finder” from the Mac desktop and under “Application” look for “Preview.” To make things faster, directly type in the word Preview from the search bar of Finder.
- From Preview, click the “File” tab and select “Open.” Browse for the PDF that you need to write on, and open it using Preview.
- From the Preview toolbar, click the “Tools” button, and then click “Add text.” Lastly, place the textbox on the part that needs to be written on.
- Once done writing on the PDF, save the text by clicking the “File” tab, and select “Save.” From the window that will appear, fill-out the information like the file name and then hit the “Save” button to finalize the saving process.
- Does not need to installed on a Mac device
- Equipped with essential PDF editing tools
- Does not need to purchased
- Available only on Mac
Being able to learn how to type on a PDF file is simple if the steps mentioned above are followed. The tools above have exceptional PDF writing functions, but knowing the right tool for the right person can make a difference. With that being said, Acethinker PDF Editor is probably the best choice among the list because it is available on both Windows and Mac device, but is also cost-efficient. Another thing to consider is its ability to enhance PDF files while keeping the original format intact. PDF Editor is a cut above the rest, and a must-have PDF tool on every PC.