Many people use PDF in creating fillable forms because the format is not easily altered by the PC. In essence, using PDF as a file format ensures that the applied outline format of the document will stay the same regardless where it will be opened. That is why it is an efficient way in creating PDF forms, not only it can create visually appealing forms, it can also retain the original outline anywhere. However, a PDF form creatorMany people use PDF in creating fillable forms because the format is not easily altered by the PC. In essence, using PDF as a file format ensures that the applied outline format of the document will stay the same regardless where it will be opened. That is why it is an efficient way in creating PDF forms, not only it can create visually appealing forms, it can also retain the original outline anywhere. However, a PDF form creator is not easy to find. Luckily, the list of tools below, features some of the best and free PDF form creators. Read on to learn of these tools, and the steps how to create a PDF form using them.
Acethinker PDF Writer is a robust PDF editing tools packed with lots of essential PDF enhancing options. One of these multitude of essential functions is the ability to create a fillable PDF form. The tool works on both Windows and Mac device, making it a cross-platform PDF form maker. Aside from being able to create PDF forms, Acethinker PDF Writer can also be used to add signatures and watermarks to PDF documents. Truly, this tool have a lot of applications for various tasks making it a reliable tool. To learn how to use the best fillable form creator, follow the steps below.
Step1 Download and install Acethinker PDF Writer
To use the tool, install it first by downloading the software installer by clicking the buttons below. After the download, run the installer on the PC and follow the instructions that will appear on the screen. Make sure to follow the instructions accordingly to avoid any installation errors.
Try It for Free
Step2 Create a PDF form
After installation, launch the application to reach the main interface. It is now time to create the PDF form by clicking the “Create” tab and select “Blank Document.” Next, click “Forms” and then use all the necessary options to the blank page to create the PDF form that you want. At the left-hand side of the screen, the different options that can be used are located that are essential in creating a PDF form.
Step3 Save the PDF form
Once satisfied with the created PDF form, save the file to the PC. By clicking the “File” tab, and selecting the “Save” option the document will be created and then exported to the PC. Enter the file name, and the file location where the PDF form will be saved to from the file explorer window.
- One-time payment for all functions
- Free version has a lot of usable functions
- Works on both Windows and Mac
- PDF files bears watermarks under the Free trial version
A more formidable name when it comes to PDF documents is Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. This is a premium tool trusted by many users all over the world. Originally, the tool is only used as a PDF reader but it can do more than that. Downloading and installing the tool is free, but other features like the fillable PDF maker needs to be purchased separately. This is only one of the many functions that needs to be purchased from Adobe in order to use them. That is why this tool is not advisable to those with limited budget. However, there is without a question that it is one of the most exceptional tools out there. In order to learn how to use Adobe Acrobat Reader DC to build PDF forms, do the steps below.
- Click the link here to open the official website of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC on a different tab. From the download page of the tool, click the download button and then run the installer on the PC.
- From the interface, click the “Tools” tab and then select the “Prepare Form” option. Next, open a new blank page and then use the available editing options on the tool to create the PDF form.
- After creating the PDF form, save it the PC by clicking the “File” tab and then selecting either “Save” or “Save as.” By doing this, the PDF form will be exported to the PC device and will be ready to use anytime.
- A trusted name in the PDF industry
- Versatile PDF Tool
- Works on Windows and Mac
- Most functions needs to be purchased separately
Another great PDF form builder is Soda PDF. This is a PDF tool that looks somewhat similar to Microsoft Word from the interface. Like any other editor, it has a lot of available functions for PDF documents. One of these functions is the PDF form creator which pretty decent to use. The tool, on the other hand, is not entirely free to use because it requires the licensed version to have full access to its options. However, one can still enjoy its full functions without having to pay anything under the free trial version. The free version of the tool, allows the user to take advantage of all the premium features for a total of 15 days. For those who are casually using the tool, the trial version will do as it is almost half a month in duration. For those who are interested to learn how to make a PDF form with Soda PDF, follow the steps below.
- First, download the installer of Soda PDF from the official website of the tool. Once the Soda PDF is installed, launch it and then from the main interface, click “FORMS” and “Create PDF from Blank.”
- Use the options that are presented on the “Fields” tab to create the PDF form. Then, once the PDF form is complete, and ready to be exported, click the “File” tab and then select “Save.”
- Name the file and then select where to save it on the PC, and then click the “Save” button. Finally, open the folder wherein you save the PDF to check it.
- Very intuitive interface
- Basic operational buttons
- Needs the licensed version to use the full functions
Next tool on the list of great PDF form creator is Nitro PDF. Like other professional PDF editors, this is a tool that is packed with various PDF editing functions. Creating fillable PDF forms is one of the main functions of Nitro PDF which can perform the task easily. The tool has a very simple interface which resembles a word editor in every essence. This is a very straightforward tool that making it one of the most used PDF editors. To learn how to use Nitro PDF, follow the steps below.
User Guide for Nitro PDF
- Click the link here to launch the official website of Nitro PDF. Then from the webpage, download and install the software to save it to your computer.
- After installation, open the document that you want to turn into a fillable form. Click the “Forms” tab and insert the options that are required for the fillable form.
- Once the form is completed, export it to the PC by clicking the “File” tab and selecting “Save.” After that, open the download folder wherein you save the file.
- Natural editing interface
- Needs the licensed version to function fully
- Requires strong internet connection to install
Next one is JotForm, which is an online form creator and editor that is available to use anytime. The tool does not require any installation that is why it is pretty convenient. All that is required for it to work is a stable internet connection. JotForm have a lot of pre-made form template that users can use. Like any other editor, it also allows the user to make a PDF form from scratch. That is what makes this so unique in its own way, making it a reliable tool in times of need. To learn how to access and use JotForm to create a PDF form online, follow the steps below.
Create PDF form with Jotform
- Visit the official website of JotForm or simply click this link to launch it. From the main interface, click the “Create Form” button and then select what type of form layout to make.
- From the window that will appear, select the type of form that you want. Next, choose from the different options like “Blank Page,” “Template,” and other options.
- Once the template appears, adjust the boxes to your desired preference. If you want to change the text for each boxes, you can do so.
- Once done creating the form on JotForm, click the “Publish” tab. Next, select the “PDF” section and click the “Download” button to export the PDF form into the PC. Finally, open the download folder to view the PDF file.
- Has a lot of pre-made form templates to choose from
- Requires the internet to work
PDFEscape is a PDF utility tool that you can use to create PDF forms. There are two ways to use the tool, one is by using the online version, and the other is by using its desktop version. Although both tools differ in platform since the first one is online and the second is a desktop tool, both of them have the PDF form creator feature. The online version is the easiest way to create a PDF because, as mentioned, you will not need to install any software on your PC. Above all, this tool is free to use which is very cost-efficient especially to those who prefer using online tools. The online version of PDFEscape is filled with adequate options that you can use, to create any PDF fillable form. However, there are demerits in using online tools, having less features than the desktop version. One example is that PDF Escape online does not support PDF printing. To learn how you can create a PDF with PDFEscape online, follow the steps below.
- Visit the official website of PDFEscape from a web-browser, and then click “Free Online” button to launch the free tool.
- From the window that will appear, click the “Create new PDF document” button. From the small window that will appear, choose the size and how many pages the PDF will have.
- After that, click the “Form Field” button from the set of available options and then enter the fillable form options that you need to add to the PDF page.
- Once done creating the PDF form, save it by clicking the “Save and download document” button from the left side of the window.
- The video wil be then saved and downloaded on the PC afterwards. Check the download folder to open the PDF file.
- Can add password protection to PDF under the free version
- Also has a cloud service that allows online sharing
- Doesn’t have the option to print out PDF documents with the online version
PlatoForms is a new way to create online PDF forms because it can turn regular read-only PDF documents into fillable forms. Also, the tool is capable of creating PDF forms from scratch, and share them with different people. Aside from that, users can directly turn their PDF forms into URL, and freely send them to their clients to fill out. This is a safe and efficient method since they will not need to travel. PlatoForms is continually being updated with all the latest features so that users will be able to make appealing PDF forms every time. However, although you can use this tool for free, there are still limited features within it. These limitations will be removed by upgrading to the premium version of PlatoForms. Prices varies depending on the plan that you avail, with prices ranging from $100 to $960.
- Visit the official website of PlatoForms from a web-browser and then click the “Signup” button from the homepage.
- Fill in the necessary information needed and then proceed to the account creation by verifying the account on your email.
- After that, you will be able to use the too as much as you like, start by clicking the “Start to build” button and then click the “Create PDF Form from Scratch” option.
- From the editor, click the “Make Online Form” button and then start placing all the necessary options that you need from the available options.
- Save the PDF by clicking the “Publish” button and choose if you want to save it on your email, or post it publicly.
- Can convert regular PDF documents into fillable forms with high acurracy
- Has a great PDF organizer for easy browsing
- Can only create 1 form per day under the free version
- Provides only 100MB storage for free users
There are a lot of PDF tools that are able to create fillable forms as well. However, not all of them offers this function for free, as it is considered one of the most important features a PDF tool can possess. Luckily, some of the best tools that you can use are mentioned above. Most of them may not be totally free to use, they still have a way to use their PDF form maker function even if for a short time. This is just one way to know, which tool is best for different type of users. Also, don’t hesitate to leave a comment if you have any question or suggestion about creating fillable PDF forms.