Many people use PDF in creating fillable forms because the format is not easily altered by the PC. In essence, using PDF as a file format ensures that the applied outline format of the document will stay the same regardless where it will be opened. That is why it is an efficient way in creating PDF forms, not only it can create visually appealing forms, it can also retain the original outline anywhere. However, a PDF form creatorMany people use PDF in creating fillable forms because the format is not easily altered by the PC. In essence, using PDF as a file format ensures that the applied outline format of the document will stay the same regardless where it will be opened. That is why it is an efficient way in creating PDF forms, not only it can create visually appealing forms, it can also retain the original outline anywhere. However, a PDF form creator is not easy to find. Luckily, the list of tools below, features some of the best and free PDF form creators. Read on to learn of these tools, and the steps how to create a PDF form using them.
Acethinker PDF Writer
Acethinker PDF Writer is a robust PDF editing tools packed with lots of essential PDF enhancing options. One of these multitude of essential functions is the ability to create a fillable PDF form. The tool works on both Windows and Mac device, making it a cross-platform PDF form maker. Aside from being able to create PDF forms, Acethinker PDF Writer can also be used to add signatures and watermarks to PDF documents. Truly, this tool have a lot of applications for various tasks making it a reliable tool. To learn how to build a PDF form with Acethinker PDF Writer, follow the steps below.
Step1 Download and install Acethinker PDF Writer
To use the tool, install it first by downloading the software installer by clicking the buttons below. After the download, run the installer on the PC and follow the instructions that will appear on the screen. Make sure to follow the instructions accordingly to avoid any installation errors.
Try It for Free
Step2 Create a PDF form
After installation, launch the application to reach the main interface. It is now time to create the PDF form by clicking the “Create” tab and select “Blank Document.” Next, click “Forms” and then use all the necessary options to the blank page to create the PDF form that you want. At the left-hand side of the screen, the different options that can be used are located that are essential in creating a PDF form.
Step3 Save the PDF form
Once satisfied with the created PDF form, save the file to the PC. By clicking the “File” tab, and selecting the “Save” option the document will be created and then exported to the PC. Enter the file name, and the file location where the PDF form will be saved to from the file explorer window.
- One-time payment for all functions
- Free version has a lot of usable functions
- Works on both Windows and Mac
- PDF files bears watermarks under the Free trial version
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
A more formidable name when it comes to PDF documents is Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. This is a premium tool trusted by many users all over the world. Originally, the tool is only used as a PDF reader but it can do more than that. Downloading and installing the tool is free, but other features like the PDF form creator needs to be purchased separately. This is only one of the many functions that needs to be purchased from Adobe in order to use them. That is why this tool is not advisable to those with limited budget. However, there is without a question that it is one of the most exceptional tools out there. In order to learn how to use Adobe Acrobat Reader DC to build PDF forms, do the steps below.
- Click the link here to open the official website of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC on a different tab.
- From the download page of the tool, click the download button and then run the installer on the PC.
- From the tool interface, click the “Tools” tab and then select the “Prepare Form” option.
- From there, open a new blank page and then use the available editing options on the tool to create the PDF form.
- After creating the PDF form, save it the PC by clicking the “File” tab and then selecting either “Save” or “Save as.”
- By doing this, the PDF form will be exported to the PC device and will be ready to use anytime.
- A trusted name in the PDF industry
- Versatile PDF Tool
- Works on Windows and Mac
- Most functions needs to be purchased separately
Another great PDF form maker is Soda PDF. This is a PDF tool that looks somewhat similar to Microsoft Word from the interface. Like any other editor, it has a lot of available functions for PDF documents. One of these functions is the PDF form creator which pretty decent to use. The tool, on the other hand, is not entirely free to use because it requires the licensed version to have full access to its options. However, one can still enjoy its full functions without having to pay anything under the free trial version. The free version of the tool, allows the user to take advantage of all the premium features for a total of 15 days. For those who are casually using the tool, the trial version will do as it is almost half a month in duration. For those who are interested to learn how to make a PDF form with Soda PDF, follow the steps below.
- First, download the installer of Soda PDF from the official website of the tool.
- By clicking the link here, the webpage will open on a new tab and download the installer from there and install it.
- Once the Soda PDF is installed, launch it and then from the main interface, click “FORMS” and “Create PDF from Blank.”
- Use the options that are present on the “Fields” tab to create the PDF form.
- Once the PDF form is complete, and ready to be exported, click the “File” tab and then select “Save.”
- Name the file and then select where to save it on the PC, and then click the “Save” button.
- Very intuitive interface
- Basic operational buttons
- Needs the licensed version to use the full functions
Next tool on the list of great PDF form creator is Nitro PDF. Like other professional PDF editors, this is a tool that is packed with various PDF editing functions. Creating fillable PDF forms is one of the main functions of Nitro PDF which can perform the task easily. The tool has a very simple interface which resembles a word editor in every essence. This is a very straightforward tool that making it one of the most used PDF editors. To learn how to use Nitro PDF, follow the steps below.
User Guide for Nitro PDF
- Click the link here to launch the official website of Nitro PDF.
- Then from the webpage, click the download button and wait for the download to finish. Make sure that the internet connection is stable to have a smooth installation process.
- After installation, open the document that you want to turn into a fillable form.
- Click the “Forms” tab and insert the options that are required for the fillable form.
- Once the form is complete, export it to the PC by clicking the “File” tab and selecting “Save.”
- Natural editing interface
- Needs the licensed version to function fully
- Requires strong internet connection to install
Last but not least is JotForm. This is an online form creator and editor that is available to use anytime. The tool does not require any installation that is why it is pretty convenient. All that is required for it to work is a stable internet connection. JotForm have a lot of pre-made form template that users can use. Like any other editor, it also allows the user to make a PDF form from scratch. That is what makes this so unique in its own way, making it a reliable tool in times of need. To learn how to access and use JotForm to create a PDF form online, follow the steps below.
Create PDF form with Jotform
- Visit the official website of JotForm or simply click this link to launch it.
- From the main interface, click the “Create Form” button and then select what type of form layout to make.
- From the window that will appear, select the type of form that you want.
- Choose from the different options like “Blank Page,” “Template,” and other options.
- Once the template appears, adjust the boxes to your desired preference. If you want to change the text for each boxes, you can do so.
- Once done creating the form on JotForm, click the “Publish” tab. Next, select the “PDF” section and click the “Download” button to export the PDF form into the PC.
- Has a lot of pre-made form templates to choose from
- Requires the internet to work
There are a lot of PDF tools that are able to create fillable forms as well. However, not all of them offers this function for free, as it is considered one of the most important features a PDF tool can possess. Luckily, some of the best tools that you can use are mentioned above. Most of them may not be totally free to use, they still have a way to use their PDF form maker function even if for a short time. This is just one way to know, which tool is best for different type of users. Also, don’t hesitate to leave a comment if you have any question or suggestion about creating fillable PDF forms.