PDF documents are known for their characteristic of not being easily altered in format. PDF files retain their format regardless of the operating system or reader tool where it was opened. That is the reason why people use this file format all the time. However, when a file is in PDF format, it is hard to edit the text content of the file. From time to time, there will be a typographical error, or an outdated information that needs to be changed in a PDF document. Luckily, there are some PDF tools that functions as readers, and editors at the same time. This allows the user to view and edit text in PDFPDF documents are known for their characteristic of not being easily altered in format. PDF files retain their format regardless of the operating system or reader tool where it was opened. That is the reason why people use this file format all the time. However, when a file is in PDF format, it is hard to edit the text content of the file. From time to time, there will be a typographical error, or an outdated information that needs to be changed in a PDF document. Luckily, there are some PDF tools that functions as readers, and editors at the same time. This allows the user to view and edit text in PDF anytime they see an error that needs to be changed. You can take a look at the following 3 PDF text editors to get the revision work done.
AceThinker PDF Editor
First tool on the list to edit PDF text is AceThinker PDF Editor, which is an exceptional tool because it is way cheaper than other PDF tools that offer the same features. The tool can edit, add watermark and even highlight a PDF all the same time. This is a feat that not all PDF tools possess, but are present in a single tool. AceThinker PDF Editor can do so much more like being able to change text in PDF which is really important. This way, people can keep their PDF files updated with the latest information and avoid unnecessary typographical errors. To learn how to use this tool, follow these steps.
Step1 Install PDF Editor
Download the installer of PDF Editor by clicking one of the download buttons below. After the download, run the installer on the PC and follow the instructions that will appear on the screen. After installation, launch the tool and open the PDF file by clicking the “File” tab and select “Open.”
Try It for Free
Step2 Edit text in PDF
When the PDF file is loaded to the tool, click the “Edit” tab, and from the right-hand panel, click “Edit text and Images.” From there, you can select the “Font,” “Font size,” and other text editing features. From the editor, select the text that you want to edit or change entirely.
Step3 Save the edited file
Once all necessary text has been changed, save the changes by clicking the “File” tab and select either “Save” or “Save as.”
- All in one PDF editing tool.
- Can edit files offline.
- Needs the licensed version to have full access to the functions.
AbleWordAnother tool that you can use to edit text in PDF files is Ableword. This is a Word editor tool that resembles the Microsoft Word software in-terms of its interface. Despite being a Word editor by nature, the tool can also open PDF files, and also allows editing of text from its contents. On the other hand, the tool becomes less responsive after loading a PDF file, maybe because it was initially built to read only plain text documents. To learn how to use Ableword to edit text in PDF files, follow the steps below.
How to Use AbleWord
- To install Ableword, download its installer from its official website. Then run it on the PC and follow the instructions of the setup wizard. To launch the website on a new tab, click the link here.
- After the tool is installed, start it immediately and from the home-screen, click the “File” tab and select “Open” and look for the PDF file that you want to edit.
- Once the PDF is loaded, start editing the text from the contents. Use the different options available from the tool editor.
- After editing the text, export the file to the PC by clicking the “File” tab and selecting either “Save” or “Save as.”
- Navigation is easy because it resembles Microsoft Word.
- Becomes less responsive after opening a PDF file
- Often crashes while being used
Last on the list is Foxit PhantomPDF which is a premium application. The tool is part of the Foxit Reader suite, which specializes in PDF essential tools. The Foxit Reader, is the default PDF reader tool while the Foxit PhantomPDF is the one with the text editing function. Despite being a licensed software, the tool can be used under its free trial which lasts for 14 days. During this period, you will have unrestricted access to the premium functions of the tool. To learn how to use Foxit PhantomPDF to edit PDF text, follow these steps.
How to Use Foxit PhantomPDF
- Visit the official website of Foxit PhantomPDF by clicking the link above. From the homepage, click the download button and install it on the PC.
- Once installed, use Foxit PhantomPDF to open the PDF that needs to be edited. Launch the editor, and click “File” then select “Open” and look for the PDF file.
- From the “Edit” toolbar, click “Edit Text” and search for the texts that you want and change them.
- To save the newly edited file, click the “File” tab again and this time, click “Save” or “Save as.”
- Built entirely for PDF files
- Highly responsive and has many features
- Needs to be purchased for full access to the tool.
- Too expensive to buy.
Editing text in PDF seems easy at first. However, there is no doubt that it is not a function that regular PDF readers are equipped. Fortunately, the tools that were mentioned above bears the option to edit text contents in a PDF. The most recommended and easy to use among these tools is probably AceThinker PDF Editor. Not as expensive as the other tools that many are familiar with, it can definitely replace them in terms of functionality. That is why it is slowly gaining popularity among users because it can do the job efficiently.