Page numbering refers to the sequence of numbers applied to the pages of a book or documents like PDF. One importance of it is it allows readers to find specific parts of the documents. So, imagine yourself delivering a presentation with your colleagues, and you are using a printed or shared PDF. It would be very professional that every sheet has page numbering to appear on the document. In this way, they can keep track of the discussion easily. In this post, we’ve gathered some of the best tools you may consider convenient and helpful to add page numbers in PDFPage numbering refers to the sequence of numbers applied to the pages of a book or documents like PDF. One importance of it is it allows readers to find specific parts of the documents. So, imagine yourself delivering a presentation with your colleagues, and you are using a printed or shared PDF. It would be very professional that every sheet has page numbering to appear on the document. In this way, they can keep track of the discussion easily. In this post, we’ve gathered some of the best tools you may consider convenient and helpful to add page numbers in PDF. So, without further explanation, check out the PDF editor provided below.
Acethinker PDF Writer
If you are looking for a PDF editor that works both on your Windows and Mac computer, Acethinker PDF Writer might be the best editor for you. It has nice and clean user-interface that lets you perform all your PDF editing tasks in an easy and fast manner. Besides, all function buttons are shown on the main interface of the app so you can proceed on editing your PDF document without any complicated setup. And when you are adding pages, it will let you customize the page numbers to make more presentable. You may choose between the header and footer text along with the alignment such as left, center, and right. Also, in just a click away, each sheet will have page numbers if you only want to put numbers on each sheet without setting some modifications. On the other hand, here’s a simple guide on how to add page numbers to PDF using Acethinker PDF Writer.
Step1 Download and install the app
To begin, you need to first download Acethinker PDF Writer by clicking the “Download” button provided below. Next, install the software and follow the setup wizard respectively. Launch the tool once the app is installed on your computer.
Try It for Free
Step2 Add page numbers to the PDF
Now upload the PDF file on Acethinker PDF Writer. Click the “File” button at the top left-hand side of the interface followed by the “Open” button from the drop-down menu. After that, locate the PDF file from your computer folders. Once the file is loaded, you should see its content right away. This time, you can now start adding page numbers to your PDF document. Select “Pages” from the top menu. The tool then will show you some editing options. From the right part of the app, click the “Header&Footer” option under the Page Design tab then click “Add” and it will show you the “Header and Footer” window. From here, click the “Insert Page Number” button to finally add page numbers to your PDF. You can modify the color, size, and font type as you wish. Click on “OK” to save.
Step3 Save the changes
When you are done adding page numbers, your PDF file should be ready to be shared or printed. However, you need to save all the changes you made before printing them out. To do this, click the “File” button and select “Save” or press “Ctrl+S” on your computer keyboard for the shortcut.
PDF Paginate is also a helpful tool to edit and insert page numbers into PDF. This app is developed for Mac users to easily add page numbers to their PDF. You can add page numbers to the header or footer of your document. On top of that, it enables you to paginate only those selected PDF pages. This way you can ignore the pages that don’t need page numbers such as index and cover pages. Moreover, you can also have its mobile version installed on your iPhone and iPad when your PDF file is saved on your mobile device. Now to start using this software, kindly follow the steps given below.
How to Use PDF Paginate
- Start by downloading the software on your Mac computer. You can get its installer by visiting the Mac App Store. From here, click the download button and install it afterward.
- Once the app completely loads up, you can now upload your PDF file into the app and start adding page numbers.
- From the main interface of the app, click the “Open File” button at the lower right corner. From the appearing window, select the PDF file that you wish to edit and click the “Open” to upload.
- On the other hand, you may choose to drag and drop the PDF into the tool to upload and edit it.
- After uploading the PDF file, you should be able to edit and add page numbers. To do so, you might want to set some preferences first like font size, style, type etc.
- Once all set, click on the “Paginate” button and the numbers should appear on each page of the document.
In case you don’t want to install an additional app on your computer, you can use a PDF page number editor online called PDF.io. This is an online web-based application. Aside from its capability to add page numbers, you can also use it to split PDF file into pieces and keep only the pages you need. On the other hand, this tool can be used to merge multiple PDF files into one. However, if you wish to reduce the size of your PDF file, you can do so using its Compress function. So, if you are interested in using this tool, scroll down and read through the steps.
How to Use PDF.io
- Go to the official page of PDF.io by keying in PDF.io on your favorite browser. Once landed on the page, click on the “More” button to show all the functions of the tool.
- Alternatively, you can type “Add Page Numbers” on the search bar of the tool to easily find the function. Click on the “Add Page Numbers” and start adding page numbers.
- Once you are redirected to the Add Page Numbers window, click the “CHOOSE FILE” button to open your computer folders.
- Now locate, select and upload the PDF file onto the web-based tool. Once the file is uploaded, the content of your PDF should be shown on the interface of the app.
- Prior applying page numbers to your PDF file, you can set where you want the numbering to start, you can check on “Number on first page” to begin numbering on the first page.
- There is also option that allows you to choose the format of the numbers. After setting up, click “Apply” for the changes to be saved.
- After a few moments, the PDF file should be processed and ready to be downloaded immediately.
- You can choose to save it on cloud storage like Google Drive or Dropbox. Also, you can save it locally by clicking the “Download” button.
Those are the three helpful tools you can use to add page numbers to PDF easily. All of which gives you completely different experiences. If you are still not decided which tool to use, you can think of it this way. Acethinker PDF Writer and PDF Paginate enable you to edit and add page numbers without using an internet connection. That means you can use them offline at the comfort of your computer. Yet if you prefer to work around online, PDF.io is a great option. However, when it comes to usability and flexibility, Acethinker PDF Writer has an easy-to-use interface and is compatible both with Mac and Windows operating systems.