Reading on a website becomes essential because you can easily search for the topic you want to read. However, you don’t have all the time for reading an article, especially when you are busy doing your work. In that case, you may want to save webpage as PDFReading on a website becomes essential because you can easily search for the topic you want to read. However, you don’t have all the time for reading an article, especially when you are busy doing your work. In that case, you may want to save webpage as PDF so that you can continue reading it almost anywhere when you have some free time. Also, this method of saving a website’s article as a PDF comes in handy, because PDF files can easily be printed. In this article, we’re going to tell you several easy methods to convert a webpage to a PDF on different web browsers.
How to Save Webpage as PDF for Google ChromeThe first method on saving a web page as a PDF is through Google Chrome. As one of the favorite web browsers, it allows you to convert any web pages as a PDF easily. In fact, you don’t have to download and install any applications to get the whole work done. It only requires you an internet connection to get the article that you want to read. To know more understanding, we will show you the steps below on how to save a web page as a PDF using Google Chrome.
How to Use Google Chrome
- First, open your Chrome browser, and visit the website that you wish to save as a PDF file.
- Be aware that once you save a web page as a PDF, all of the parts of the website will be saved, and the format will change when converted to PDF.
- Next, click the ellipsis icon button of Chrome, located at the upper-rightmost part of the browser. It will show the list of tools that you can use when you want to do something on a website.
- From the menu, click the “Print…” button, or you can hit the “CTRL+P” for Windows and “Cmd+P” for Mac keyboard. Once you do that, it will show you the formatting options of the printing.
- From the printing settings, click the dropdown button located under the “Destination” option.
- It will show you all of your available printers, and the local destination that you can choose. Click “Save as PDF” to start converting the website to a PDF file.
- After you choose “Save as PDF,” click the “Save” button to complete turning a web page as a PDF.
- Once done, it will ask you its file location, then click “Save” from the location windows to finish getting your PDF file. Also, all the default names of the saved PDF will be the same as the website’s name.
How to Save Webpage as PDF for Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer also lets you save a web page as a PDF for free without installing any additional programs. In a nutshell, you can continue reading the website while you are offline. Keep on reading below to see the steps on turning a web page as a PDF via Internet Explorer.
How to Use Internet Explorer
- Visit the website that you want to save as PDF first by using Internet Explorer.
- Once you are on the website that you want to save, click the “Settings” button located at the upper rightmost part of the web browser.
- Then, click the “Print” button, or you can press the “CTRL+P” of your keyboard.
- Lastly, a new window will appear once you click the “Print” button, showing the print setup. Under “Select Printer,” click the “Adobe PDF” and click the “Print” button. Once you do that, it will ask you the file location from where you can save the converted PDF file.
Tip: Make sure that you installed Adobe PDF on your Internet Explorer browser. You are going to need it for converting and saving your PDF file to your PC. If you already have the software, you can proceed on saving a website as a PDF.
How to Convert Webpage as PDF on Firefox
The next web browser that can turn any website pages to a PDF file is Mozilla Firefox. It is one of the best and well-known web browsers today. Firefox allows you to keep the converted PDF file for free. Also, below are the easy steps on how to save a web page as a PDF using Mozilla Firefox.
How to Use Mozilla Firefox
- Launch the Mozilla Firefox browser and go to the web page that you want to save as PDF.
- Next, click the three lateral bar located at the top right of the browser. Then, choose the “Print” option. You can also click the “CTRL+P” from you keyboard to open the print preview.
- After you click the “Print” option, it will show you the print preview window. Click the “Print…” button at the upper left of the window.
- Finally, choose the “Adobe PDF” under the “Printer” section and press “OK.” It will save the PDF file on your PC instead of printing it.
How to Change Webpage to PDF on Microsoft Edge
Another web browser that allows you to save a webpage as a PDF document for free is Microsoft Edge. This web browser is available once you installed the Windows 10 OS on your PC. The same as other browsers, it only requires you to make a few clicks to have the PDF that you are reading. We listed below the steps on how to accomplish the task.
How to Use Microsoft Edge
- The first step that you need to do is launch the Microsoft Edge, and go to the website that you want to save as a PDF file.
- Once you are on the website that you are reading, click the ellipsis icon button, it is on the rightmost top of the web browser.
- It will show you its menu, from there, click the “Print” option, or you can simply click “CTRL+P” from your keyboard.
- After you click the “Print” option, it will bring you to print preview. Within that tab, click the dropdown button of the “Printer.”
- The final step for completing saving the web page as a PDF is to choose the “Adobe PDF,” and click the “Print” button.
- It will ask you to select the file location of the PDF file. Then, save it on your PC to finish the process.
If you are looking for a webapge to PDF converter, then PDFmyURL is one of your best options. This website can turn HTML to PDF API or an entire webpage to a PDF. Also, you can put a save as PDF link to any of your web pages, and this is helpful especially when you want your viewers to download your pages. Furthermore, PDFmyURL can customize your preferred size, margins, and orientation if it’s in Portrait or Landscape. See the steps below to understand how to use this PDF converting website.
How to Use PDFmyURL
- You must visit the PDFmyURL official website, then copy the URL of the website that you want to have, and paste it on the URL box within PDFmyURL main page.
- After you paste the URL to PDFmyURL, you can click the “Option” button to customize your PDF file. If you don’t want to change anything from the settings, you can click the “Save as PDF” button to continue converting the website to a PDF file.
- Once you click the “Save as PDF,” a new window will pop-up showing the default file location.
- It will also show you if you want to purchase a “Personal” or “Professional” license, you can also turn down the offer by clicking the “No, thank you” button.
The other tool that you can use for converting a webpage to a PDF file is the Web2PDF. Within this website, you can save a web page as a PDF. Also, you can turn any sites in JPG and PNG for free. Furthermore, this tool allows you to customize the settings like size, zoom level, page orientation first before converting to PDF. On the other hand, we provided you the steps below on how to use Web2PDF.
How to Use Web2PDF
- Go to the official website of Web2PDF. Then, copy and past the URL of the web page that you to convert and save as PDF.
- If you want to set the settings first before converting to PDF, click the “Settings” button. From there, you can adjust the size, orientation to Portrait or Landscape, and margins.
- Once done customizing, click the “Convert to PDF” button to start the conversion.
- When the conversion is done, you can either download it directly on your PC or upload it to Dropbox and Google Drive.
Edit Your PDF Files with AceThinker PDF Writer
If you are looking for an all-in-one PDF tool, AceThinker PDF Writer is your most exceptional choice. With it, you will be able to make a new PDF, merge numerous PDF into one, put a password, signatures, and add comments and highlights on your PDF. Furthermore, you can well organize your PDF pages with the help of this tool, because you can add PDF files or delete some of it. It is indeed a must-try PDF software. For more understanding, keep on viewing below to see the steps on how to use this fantastic tool.
Step1 Download the tool
First, download the tool by visiting the official website of AceThinker PDF Writer, or click one of the “Download” buttons below. After installing the tool, launch it, and open the PDF file with this app to start editing your PDF documents.
Try It for Free
Step2 Put annotations
Then, click the “Comment” button to add comments on your PDF file, you can also put drawings on your like shapes and lines to your PDF file by clicking the “Annotations” button.
Step3 Save your file
Once done, you can save the converted PDF file by clicking the “File” menu, and press “Save” or “Save as” to keep it on your PC. You can also click “CTRL+S” or “CTRL+Shift+S” to save your file quickly.
This article shows you the best way on how to save a web page as a PDF file. You can either use some of the popular web browsers like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Edge to convert any website to a PDF. Also, there are some tools online that you can use to save the webpage that you are reading. Furthermore, in case you are looking for software that lets you edit your PDF file, AceThinker PDF Writer is the most efficient tool you can use. With the help of it, you can edit your PDF like in Word.