If you are wondering how to reduce pdf file size in adobe reader? You have landed at the right place. Here, you will find an answer to this question in a detailed manner. However, before that, let’s first have a look at the reason why you may require to compress pdf adobe file. In organizations, important documents are composed in PDF format. These documents need to be attached and sent to various recipients. The heavier the document, the more memory, and bandwidth will be consumed. Furthermore, some platforms also limit the users to upload the PDF file up to a certain size. If it exceeds the limit, it won’t be uploaded. Therefore, many people face difficulties while using PDF documents. In this post, we have discussed two different methods to reduce PDF file size. Let’s have a look at both of them:
AceThinker PDF Converter
At first, we have shed light on the method to compress PDF file in AceThinker PDF Converter, a powerful PDF Converter that you can try for free. Have a look at the step-by-step guide to reduce PDF file size:
Step1 Download and install the app
Download the AceThinker PDF converter and install it in your system. You may choose among the provided platforms below and click the corresponding system platform that fits your computer.
Try It for Free
Step2 Go to other tools
Open Acethinker PDF Converter, click on “Other Tools”. There you will find the option “Compress PDF”. Click on it and then select files you want to compress. You can do so by either dropping the files or clicking on “Choose file” button.
Step3 Reduce the size of the PDF file
After you have selected the file(s) to compress, the next step is to convert it into a reduced size PDF file. For this, click on the “Convert” button as shown in the picture below. The file(s) will be saved in a newly created folder “AceThinker PDF Converter”. This step will ensure that the selected file is successfully converted into a reduced size PDF file. Once the process will be completed successfully, a dialog box will appear on the screen with “Open Folder” button. Clicking on it will take you to the folder where the converted files have been saved.
Adobe Acrobat Pro
In this section, you will find an answer to your question “how do you compress a PDF file in Adobe Reader.” Continue reading! You need to have Adobe Reader Pro installed in your system to perform these steps. You can buy it on the internet.
User Guide for Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Using your browser, go to the website of Adobe Acrobat and download it. Install and launch the program afterwards.
- Then, open the PDF file you want to compress. To do this, go to the menu bar (you can find it on the top left corner of the screen) and click on “File”, “Open”.
- Locate the file in your system and click on Open.
- Now that the file has been opened, click on the “File” again in the menu bar. There, you will find the option, “Save as Others”. Click on it.
- Then, a drop-down menu will appear on the screen after you have clicked on “Save As Others”.
- Find the option “Reduce Size PDF” and click on it.
- The next step to reduce PDF size acrobat is to click on drop-down menu icon you will find next to “Make compatible with”.
- By clicking on the drop-down menu, you will find a list of different versions of Acrobat, select the most recent one.
- This step will reduce pdf file size acrobat as when you limit compatibility to the latest version, the size of the file reduces greatly.
There you go! Now that you have the detailed answer to the commonly asked question “how to reduce PDF file size in Adobe Reader”, there will be no more difficulties in attaching or uploading PDF files. You will face no limitations when it comes to sending PDF files as the file size will be reduced greatly. Among the methods discussed above, select the one that you feel is easy to perform as both of these are quite effective. The step by step guide with images will surely make it simple and convenient for you to reduce PDF file size and use them easily in routine matters.