Savevid.com is one of the most popular free online video downloading sites that enables you to grab videos for unlimited access. However, there are some instances that you can't download videos from using this tool. This issue is more obvious for Mac users as the Java needed to activate Savevid is disabled by the newest Apple updates. Meanwhile, Savevid plugin must work on the browser and result in extra plugins, ads, and safety problems. Hence, many people are looking for better Savevid alternatives to download online videos without any problems. Take a look at our recommendations of sites like Savevid, browser downloader extensions, and desktop download apps.
Note: Savevid is not working anymore according to the latest review.
AceThinker Video Keeper Lite
Don't be sad that Savevid is not working anymore since we have a better alternative for you. Video Keeper Lite is an all-in-one yet intuitive software that also lets you save videos from multiple streaming sites like YouTube, Facebook, and more. What makes it better is that it can download for up to 9 videos simultaneously without hurting much of the download speed. In connection with this, it uses all the bandwidth of your internet connection and focuses on the download process. Aside from its downloading features, it also offers a built-in converter that can convert any saved video file into other media formats. This includes MP4, AVI, MOV, and more. Read the easy and quick guide given here to learn how to use this Savevid alternative.
Try It Free
Step 1 Install the Software
Get a copy of Video Keeper Lite by hitting the "Download" button provided. Open it and follow the instructions given to install the software on your computer. After that, launch it to access the main interface.
Step 2 Download Video
Second, open any web browser you prefer and visit any online streaming website to search for the particular video you need to download. Please copy the link of the video from the address bar. Then, go back to Video Keeper Lite and select "Paste URL" to start.
Step 3 Play Video
Wait for a few moments until the software successfully downloads the video. Then, go to the "Completed" panel of the interface found at the left part of it. You will find the saved video, right-click on it and choose "Play" to open it immediately. You can also select "Open File Location" to access its output folder.
Savefrom.net is a browser-dependent free online video downloader. Through the use of Links, you can easily get videos from different video sharing sites. This site's interface is very easy to use, you do not need a lot of steps to acquire a video. Simply paste the link into the URL box then the tool will analyze it automatically. However, just like any other free web-based apps like this, you cannot download videos from movie streaming sites as a part of the limitation of the tool.
- Visit the official website of Savefrom.net, or click the here to directly go there.
- Then, go to a video streaming site then get the link the video that you want to download.
- Next, paste it to the URL box given on the site. Once pasted, you do not need to do anything. The video is automatically analyzed.
- Once the video is detected, select the format that you need by clicking the "Dropdown" button beside the download button.
- After you choose your preferred video format, click the "Download" button beside the "Dropdown" button, and select your preferred file location to start downloading.
- You can preview the video after downloading it on its file location. From that folder, just double-click the video to play it immediately.
Another free online downloader tool is SaveMedia. You may find the website a little shocking because of the website's background color. It was too bright and might hurt your eye the longer you look at it. Just bear with it because the quality of the video produced by this web-based app is better than Savefrom.net. You can get the video in Hd quality. Aside from that, the tool is very easy to use, plus it does not need registration to be used. To start using the tool, follow simple steps below.
- First, go to the official website of Savemedia by clicking the link provided above.
- Go to any video sharing sites then copy the link of the video, and paste it into the URL box.
- Then, click the “Download” button to initiate the download.
- Once the video is detected, it will give the “Red” box download button to get the video.
- After you click the red “Download” button box, it will prompt you to choose your preferred file location from where you want to save the video.
- You can preview the video after downloading it. From its file location, simply double-click the video to play it automatically.
The reviews will guide you on selecting other video downloaders. By knowing the Pros and Cons of each application, decision making is made simple. Instead of depending on your own instinct, you must exert effort to enrich your awareness. This will serve as your ultimate reference for making a final choice.
In saving videos from web, there are lots of alternatives if the first downloaded application did not work. Having a negative experience in previous time must never affect the entire desire for the best downloader. For the drawbacks of Savevid, there is still a chance to have a better solution. You don't need to be limited to the applications you know. It is better to look for other options to successfully download many videos in the long run.