Video streaming sites like YouTube, Dailymotion and more have already become a part of our life. However, it’s also a discouraging fact that these video sites are removing live streams frequently for there’re massive new contents going live every day. In order to solve such issue, the Video DownloadHelper comes into handy by offering a positive means to preserve video clips on your computer. However, this tool needs installing an add-on to your browser and only works for FireFox/Chrome. If you prefer to download videos on other browsers or need a more comprehensive download manager, then keep reading this article for better DownloadHelper alternatives Video streaming sites like YouTube, Dailymotion and more have already become a part of our life. However, it’s also a discouraging fact that these video sites are removing live streams frequently for there’re massive new contents going live every day. In order to solve such issue, the Video DownloadHelper comes into handy by offering a positive means to preserve video clips on your computer. However, this tool needs installing an add-on to your browser and only works for FireFox/Chrome. If you prefer to download videos on other browsers or need a more comprehensive download manager, then keep reading this article for better DownloadHelper alternatives.
Although DownloadHelper is useful and used by many, also there are several software similar and better like Video Keeper. This is a multipurpose tool that can download almost on all sites and video formats. Aside from that, it has a unique way of acquiring videos. You can use either the link of the video or use the built-in browser to automatically detect the video. On top of that, it can act as a screen recorder and a converter. Moreover, this also compatible with Mac computers. So, nothing can stop you now getting videos online using this tool. On the other hand, use the download buttons below to start your free trial. Also, check out the steps below to guide you on how to use it.
Try It Free
Step1 Launch the ApplicationAfter downloading the application, install it completely and then start it. Follow the wizard until the app is launched.
Step2 Start the Download by Auto-detectionThere are two different ways on how download videos using this tool.The first one is by using the auto-detection feature of the tool through the built-in browser. All you have to do is go to “Detect” tab, head up to the built-in browser and search for the website where you want to download. Next, play the video and wait until the tool detected the video. By default, the detector is on, but just in case it is not clicked, the enable button is located at the bottom left side of the interface.
Step3 Download the Video via LinkThe other way is by using the download by using the link of the video. You have to copy the link of the video that you want to download, and then go back to Video Keeper. Next, click the “Download” tab to see the “Paste URL”. Click it, to paste the link then the download progress will show. To check the results, click “Completed” and find the name of the file. By using the mouse of your computer, double-click the file to play it.
Another tool that you can use is Acethinker Free Online Downloader. This is a lite version of DownloadHelper where you can download videos in no time. You only need the link of the video to fetch it. Aside from that, this tool can provide several formats of the video. Furthermore, it is safe to use for it will not require any software to be downloaded. On the other hand, here is the simple guide using this tool.
Step1 Copy the Video LinkFirst, go to the site where you usually watch and find videos you want to download.
Step2 Paste the Video LinkNext, use the download bar below to get the video. This is a shortcut bar so you won’t have to visit the main webpage for lesser hassle. Paste the copied link into the URL link. Next click “Fetch” to initiate the download.
Step3 Get the VideoOnce the video is detected, the tool will show you some formats available for download. To get the video saved on your PC, use your mouse, right-click, then finally click “save target as”. The video then will be downloaded.
The next tool on this list is the Freemake Video Downloader. This tool claims to be the best YouTube video downloader because of its fast download speed. The video downloader features multithread technology which rips YouTube videos at a rapid rate. Aside from that, Freemake Video Downloader can retain the original quality of the video downloaded. Moreover, users can also choose among other high-quality formats such as 4k, 1440p, 1080p, 720p, and more. Additionally, it produces safe and filtered download as it offers a proxy and parental control. Regarding this, you can block any adult sites making it safer for kids to use it. Below are the steps on how to grab videos using Freemake Video Downloader.
How to Use Freemake Video Downloader
- Using your web browser, visit the official website of the tool. From here click the “Download now” button to begin.
- Once finished, run the installation process into your PC. After that, the tool will launch on your screen automatically.
- Visit any video streaming site and select the video you wish to download. Next, copy the URL of the video then go back to the main interface of the tool.
- From here, click the “Paste URL” button to start the download.
- Once finished, click “Play” to check the video.
As we all know it easier to find different downloader extension for Chrome compared to Safari. In fact, there is no Safari extension downloader. The good news is, there are third-party apps like Airy that can be integrated into Safari. This app was developed for your convenience, so it will be easier for you to acquire videos online. Aside from that you can also use this tool extract audios from the videos. It is absolutely user-friendly, fast loading and retains/enhance the quality of the video downloaded. On the other hand, here is a simple on how to use this tool. That way you can get started.
How to Use Airy
- First, you must download the application from its official website. Next, follow the set-up guide to install the application.
- Next, bind the app to safari clicking the “Airy Logo”. That way the drop download options will appear. From there, choose “Integrate to browser”.
- The integration of the app means, it will be a lot easier for the tool to recognize the video you want to download. Not directly download it. All you have to do is add each links to your bookmark. Then click “open in Airy”
- From there Links are analyzed, choose a format you like then click the download button below the link bar to download all videos at the same time.
Last on the list is a mobile application for avid Android smartphone users. This app, just like the other mentioned above is capable of downloading videos from different websites, from the palm of your hands. The app is called All in one Video Downloader. This is a very handy mobile app that can download online videos using their URL just like any other desktop video downloader. What sets it apart is its convenience and ease of use, because people can download videos anytime and anywhere. This is a trait that is not available on any other desktop video downloader. To learn how to use this app, follow these steps.
How to Use All in One Downloader
- From the Google Play Store, search for All in one Video Downloader and then tap the first suggestion. From there, tap the “Install” button to download and install the app at the same time.
- Once installation is complete, launch the tool and then from the home screen tap the “Browse” option to look for videos to download.
- Choose any video you wish to download. Then, copy the URL of the video by following the instructions depending on the website.
- After the URL is copied, tap the “Download” tab and from there, paste the URL onto the box.
- This time, tap the “Paste and Download” button to get the video and save it on the mobile device.
To conclude, Video DownloadHelper is an essential downloader specialized for FireFox, and it has also released Chrome version. There are no versions available for other browsers like Safari, IE, etc, users who’re looking for utilities to download videos on them can check the alternatives to Video DownloadHelper. Still, if you have ideas about better measures for downloading videos on the browser, feel free to post a comment for sharing with us.