As we all know, Google Chrome is one of the most used web-browsers and it is an open-source program that enables you to access several web-based applications such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Dailymotion, Vimeo, and many more. There are times that you are experiencing a slow internet connection while watching videos in Chrome online. Unfortunately, you can't continue watching because of that. One of the best solutions is to download them using Chrome video downloader. You can watch them offline and on any device. Luckily, we provided some of the best and useful Chrome extensions and online video downloader for Chrome you can use to download any video in Chrome browser below. Just continue reading this article to reveal the best tools you may use.
The Best Google Chrome Video Downloader Extensions
This section shows some of the best Chrome video downloader extensions that you may use. For your information, using extensions is easy to use. You don't need to install other third-party apps to download videos from different sites. Let us take a look at those tools.
1. Video DownloadHelper
Video DownloadHelper is another video downloader that lets you download any video Chrome on a website that you visited. This extension is perfect for downloading videos on a different website because it is easy to use, and it can easily detect the video playing from the other site. Aside from that, it can quickly detect any videos playing on a website that you visited, and make it downloadable for you. Meanwhile, it offers an option to download the video into its default format or change it into a different file format like 3GP before downloading it. Either way, this tool supports up to 1080p resolutions.
- It allows you to download a video from the quality of the original source.
- It is available on Mac, Linux, and Windows computers.
- There is a little delay when downloading multiple videos.
2. Video Downloader professional
Are you looking for a simple yet powerful Google Chrome video downloader extension? Well, Video Downloader Professional is best for you. It allows you to download videos into several websites online up to 4K quality. Also, you can export them to your preferred format like MP4. Moreover, this extension tool is really perfect for you to download multiple videos because it does not consume any disk space on your computer. In addition to that, it enables you to make a list of videos directly from the tool if you want to watch them without visiting the actual website. Plus, this extension is free and easy to use, which lets you download videos instantly.
- It supports resolution such as 1080p and 720p.
- It can quickly detect videos from different websites.
- Some downloaded videos from this tool are not clear and HD.
3. Stream Video Downloader
Stream Video Downloader is a video downloader Chrome plugin wherein you can download videos. Additionally, this tool also lets you download videos up to 4k quality. Also, it offers some resolutions such as 480p, 720p, 1024p, and more. Likewise, it is well-designed with a simple and easy user interface wherein it lets you download multiple videos directly from your favorite website without having any problem. Besides, all downloaded videos from this tool will automatically be saved on your computer.
- It lets you download videos quickly.
- It offers a small video file size to save local disk space.
- There's a little bug when downloading videos simultaneously.
- You can't see the progress of the video from the toolbar.
4. Add-on YouTube Video Downloader
YouTube Video Downloader is one of the useful video downloader Chrome add-ons that let you download videos from YouTube instantly. This tool is perfect for you to download several videos from YouTube in just simple steps. All you have to do is copy and paste the video link that you wish to download on this tool. Aside from that, it lets you download videos to different high-quality options such as 1440p, 2160p, 720p, and a lot more. Also, it enables you to download embedded Chrome videos directly from YouTube. Plus, it allows you to download dash videos and audio streams to other websites. Moreover, it has an option in which you can capture screenshots of YouTube videos in HQ resolution.
- A prompt will appear once the video is downloaded.
- No video ads or banners are appearing while downloading videos.
- You can't download multiple videos together.
5. Video Keeper Lite
Although this one is not a browser extension, Video Keeper Lite features the most comprehensive functions to save videos. First, it has a built-in browser that you can use to browse, watch, and download videos at the same time. Another is that it can grab multiple videos without hurting much of the download speed. This is possible because of its multi-thread technology that uses the complete bandwidth of your internet connection. Lastly, it lets you download all the videos in a YouTube playlist within a few clicks.
- It also offers a convert function that lets you save a downloaded video into other formats such as MP4, AVI, etc.
- It can save the video for up to 8K quality.
- A license is required so you can download videos without a limit.
Try it for Free
Best Free Online Video Downloader for Chrome
This time, we will show you another process on how to download videos by using some of the best online video downloaders. In fact, downloading videos using an extension and online tool is different. With that case, we will introduce three online video downloaders that you can use to download videos online.
1. Acethinker Free Online Video Downloader
As we know, there are lots of online downloaders that can be seen on the internet. But, Acethinker Free Online Video Downloader is one of the most efficient online downloaders to use. It is because it can download multiple videos without affecting its quality. Also, It allows you to download videos from website chrome such as YouTube or Vimeo instantly because its downloading speed is fast. Moreover, downloading videos on this tool is easy as A-B-C, all you have to do is to copy the link of the video that you want to download from the website you desired then paste it on Acethinker Online Video Downloader. Also, it can download videos for up to 1080p resolution. Plus, it is compatible with both Mac and Windows computers.
- It allows you to download videos into different formats, such as MP4.
- It is compatible to use for Android and iOS mobile devices.
- It has a limited function to use, like renaming the filename of the video to recognize quickly.
There are times that you don't want to download any video downloading apps on your PC to avoid viruses, then you might use SaveFrom.net. All you have to do is to copy the link of the video that you wish to download. Then, paste it to the SaveFrom.net URL bar. Since this is an online tool, you don't need to install any third-party app to download videos. Moreover, it consists of file formats to choose from, such as MP4 and WEBM, and it lets you select quality from 360p up to 1080p. Likewise, it is designed with a simple and intuitive user-interface wherein you can download videos without any complicated steps.
- This tool also available to access on Android devices.
- It can be used in different web browsers like Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera, and more.
- There's always an annoying ad appearing when downloading videos.
SaveTheVideo is one of the most efficient online video downloaders that lets you download Chrome videos, such as vlogs, tutorials, documentaries, and more. There are only a few steps to download videos using this online tool; all you need to do is to copy the URL of the video that you want to download. Then, paste it on the built-in URL box of SaveTheVideo. Besides, this is also accessible using different browsers such as Firefox, Mozilla, Safari, and Google Chrome. Plus, it offers a high definition quality up to 720p, 1080, and more. Aside from downloading videos from this tool, you can also convert videos from different audio and video formats like MP4.
- It offers an editing function to choose from, such as cutting, trimming, and cropping.
- The desktop version is available such as for Windows and Mac platforms.
- There are too many advertisements showing-up on the screen.