Google Chrome is one of the most popular web browser used to display online videos from YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, Dailymotion, etc. When you stream a video clip on Chrome, you may want to download it so that you can watch the video later even without any internet connection — still wondering how to download video from Chrome? Wonder no more! There are many desktop programs, free web-based services, and plugins that can be used as Chrome video downloaderGoogle Chrome is one of the most popular web browser used to display online videos from YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, Dailymotion, etc. When you stream a video clip on Chrome, you may want to download it so that you can watch the video later even without any internet connection — still wondering how to download video from Chrome? Wonder no more! There are many desktop programs, free web-based services, and plugins that can be used as Chrome video downloader to download videos from any site. In this article, we will discuss some feasible ways to download online Flash videos from Chrome with the use of software or extensions.
Video Keeper is one of the best video downloaders for Google Chrome. It has integrated the most popular web browsers so you can navigate the video you need within the program. Aside from Chrome, you can also use it to download videos from Firefox, IE, Safari, etc. With it, you can download videos from a wide variety of video sharing sites, including YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Dailymotion, Metacafe, Tubechop and many more. After the video has been downloaded, you can even use the built-in converter the change the video format for playing anywhere you like. You can now download the program and follow the steps below to download video from Chrome effortlessly.
Step1 Install the App
First of all, download the free trial version from the button below and install the program on your computer. Launch the installer after download, and then follow the instructions that will appear from the setup wizard.
Try It Free
Step2 Download Chrome Videos
Launch Google Chrome from your desktop apps. Next, using the chrome browser, access any video streaming websites you want to check and download videos. Copy the URL from its address box then from the interface of the app, click the “Paste URL” button to paste the link and download the video.
Step3 Manage the Video After Downloading
Once the video is downloaded, go to the “Completed” section to check them. From here, users can either play, rename, delete, or convert the video.
This free online downloader works well on most browsers with no problems reported so far. Although it’s free, it has included features more than downloading videos which makes it unique among other free tools. You can save downloaded videos in desired formats directly without having to convert them.
To make use of this tool, you should stream the flash video you wish on a new tab and then forward it to the free online downloader web-page. After that, copy the FLV video’s URL and past it inside the URL field of this app on a given page. Click the download button and wait until the app detects the source of the video. It will then expand a list of media formats for downloading your video clips. Right-click on the smaller download icon along with a format and select “Save link as” to start downloading the video. It only takes a short while to complete the entire process while you can grab as many clips as you want.
Step1 Select video
Open a video you wish to download from any of the online video streaming websites. After copying the video’s URL, paste the link into the address box from the official website of the tool.
In the download bar, paste the chosen video’s URL. Click the “Download” button next to it. Next, in the pop-up window, select the format and the desired quality of your video. Click download again next to the list of settings that best suite your needs, and the video will be saved to your computer.
By installing a handy extension on your browser, you can also download a video when streaming it on your browser. The DownloadHelper for Chrome works smoothly on your browser and can detect any video being streamed on the page.
To utilize it, you need to install it from Chrome Store, and then restart your browser. You will see the extension appears as a small toolbar icon beside the address bar on Chrome. You can then open a new tab to stream a video on YouTube, Dailymotion, Vimeo, or other sites. By clicking the toolbar icon, you will see a list of videos available on the current page, and then you can select the clip with the desired resolution and format to download. You can also check the download progress on the same list, too. Just give it a short while, and you will find the downloaded video in a designated directory. To use the software, see below:
- Download the extension for Chrome by opening Google’s Web Store and searching for Video Download Helper among the downloadable extensions. The extension will be added directly to your Chrome’s toolbar.
- Navigate to the website containing the video you wish to download. If the program detects a video that is compatible with DownloadHelper, a balloon-shaped icon will appear in your toolbar, and by clicking it, you can select which video to download if there are more to choose from.
- After selecting the video to be downloaded, the download process can be tracked until the video is saved to your computer.
This browser plugin works as adding a down arrow to besides the address bar of your browser, letting you click on it to download the video being played. It also has a built-in playback window for streaming the videos online; you could organize the downloaded videos, too. The guideline below will take you through the steps of downloading a YouTube video as an example:
- Open Video Downloader. Open YouTube and search for the video you wish to download and copy the video’s URL to the clipboard. Immediately, Video Downloader Pro starts analyzing your clip and after a couple of seconds, displays it in its list of videos with all the relevant information next to it.
- If you have more than one video in your list, the Download, Stop and Delete commands will be only issued to those items that are ticked. By default, all items are checked, but you can disable the AutoCheck feature anytime.
- The wrench icon in the top-right corner lets you access Video Downloader Pro’s settings. Here you can choose the default output folder. Make sure you click “Save” after you have finished modifying the settings so the next time you use the software, it will run with the chosen settings.
For downloading SWF files in Chrome devoid of direct assistance of any extensions, you need to explore some tools for Chrome which developers prefer. As you will see below, this method requires a few more steps than using a free online downloader or an add-on extension, but it is one of the most reliable ways of saving almost any video from any website. Having to dig into the code of the video might at first seem intimidating, but if you follow the detailed steps below carefully, you will have no trouble grabbing your favorite clip within a couple of seconds. Follow the guidelines below on using the software:
- On a Chrome tab, open Flash video and enable it to load totally. Click on the right on a section which is empty and choose Inspect Element from the context menu.
- The Developer Tools lead to a detached frame at the end of the browser screen. Rather than search for a particular SWF file in the mixed-up code, press on the icon for magnifying glass which indicates ‘Select an element in the page to inspect it.’ Utilizing the selection as well helps in case the page has one video or more.
- Press on Flash video which becomes emphasized in blue. In the same manner, the light of the object is also chosen in the code.
- Choose and paste the URL in the Chrome address bar and open it once more. Open the Chrome menu (dropdown). Tailor and manage Google Chrome from above on the right and press Save page as. On your computer disk, Save flash video to your computer disc.
The best way to secure a file for reference and future use is to download it on your Android device. The downloaded file can be saved in any location you choose on your device. Here are the simple steps to start and complete a download on Android;
How to download videos using Chrome on Android
- Open the Chrome browser app on your Android device.
- Enter the web address to access the page that has files you want to download.
- When you see the content to be downloaded, long-press the file to prompt a menu which has a download option. Select the option to download the file. This can be done for videos or pictures.
- Some sites show the download sign, click on it to begin your download. You can manage all downloads on an Android device from the Downloads App.
Managing ongoing downloads
You can decide to pause or stop a download that has already started. Here’s how to do it;
- Open the Chrome App on your Android device.
- You will find these three dots icon at the top right corner of the screen, tap on the “More” option. For devices with the address bar at the bottom, swipe up to see the download icon.
- From the panel showing ongoing downloads, you will see these icons Pause or Cancel you can choose a suitable action.
How to share downloaded files
- Open the Chrome App on your Android device.
- At the top right corner of your screen tap “More” > Downloads. For devices with the address bar at the bottom swipe up and tap the download icon.
- Tap “More” and select the “Share” option > Share. To share multiple files, tick all the files you want to share and click the share icon.
As you have seen, there is a huge array of tools available for downloading videos from all kinds of video hosting and streaming platforms. The main advantage of Chrome Add-ons is that they can be used without the installation of an external piece of software on your computer. More advanced video downloaders give you the option of selecting not only the format of the video to be downloaded but also, its quality. If you need to download videos in Chrome for a few times, you can use the online services as it offers a convenient way. But if you frequently save videos from online, it’s recommended that you get Video Keeper as it’s much more stable and more advanced features are provided. By the way, if you have any other great Chrome video downloading tools that are not mentioned in this article, you can share the idea in the comment area. Thank you!