One of the best ways to catch fun during your free time is to watch videos on the net. There are many online video sharing platforms where you get to view lots of hilarious, viral and informative videos, including Vimeo, YouTube, Facebook, Dailymotion, and others. As long as you have an active and fast internet connection, getting the best view experience when watching online videos is a sure thing. What if you don’t have access to the internet at all or your internet connection is slow, does that mean you won’t be able to view videos from these sites? Well, you can. Only if you download it on your device using a browser video downloader to view later. That way, you can watch the video anytime even if you don’t have network access. In this post, you will be introduced to some of the best video downloaders that you can use to save videos from web browsers like Chrome, Opera, Firefox, IE, and others. There are also mobile applications you can use on your smartphones to download videos from the internet straight to your device.
Video Keeper is a capable video downloader Chrome app that lets you grab videos from various online sites like YouTube, Vimeo, DailyMotion, Blip, Google Video, Ustream, Break and many others. The obvious advantage is that you can download videos in batch instead of downloading only one at a time. Because of this, Video Keeper is considered to be one of the best video downloader for Chrome. Moreover, it allows you to convert downloaded videos to popular video/audio formats like AVI, WMV, FLV. MOV, 3GP, MP3, and many more so you can play and enjoy the videos virtually anywhere you like. In order to use this tool, you can check these steps:
Step1 Download the software
First of all, you need to download the AceThinker software from its official website or by clicking on the links provided below. Then you can simply install the program and open the interface to continue with the process.
Try It Free
Step2 Detect your video
Under the “Detect” tab, you can use the built-in browser to view videos. While a video is playing, a “Download” button will appear, and you can click it to download the video. However, this download button will only appear when you are playing videos on YouTube. For other sites, it is automatically detected and downloaded.
Do you know that you can also download videos by using a URL? All you have to do is use the “Download” tab. Search for any video from any video sharing sites and play it. While it is playing, copy the video link from the address bar and go back to Video Keeper. Finally, click the “Paste URL” button to add the video to the download queue.
Step3 View your completed video
When the download is completed, you can find the downloaded videos by navigating to “Completed” on the left panel under the “Download” tab. The tool then will give you a list of videos downloaded. Scroll down until you see the file you are looking for. Also, if you want to convert it, you can directly add the video to the convert queue. Right-click on the file name, choose “add to,” then click on “Convert”. There are multiple formats for you to choose from. You can find the one that suits your needs. After all the settings are OK, click Convert to start the conversion. In a short while, the video will be converted to the desired format with no quality loss.
- It can download videos from 100+ video sharing site
- Allows you to download YouTube playlist with a single click
- Requires you a good internet connection to download videos faster
Distinctive Feature: It has an auto-dection feature that allows you to download videos by streaming it.
System OS: Windows and Mac OS
Price: It’s free of use, but you can purchase its lifetime license (Family) for $79.90 for lifetime updates and tech support.
Free Online Video Downloader is one of the ideal options if you want to download videos on a web browser instantly. You can also use it on your Mac as your Safari video downloader. You need to input the URL of the desired video to download it. You will also be given several media formats for saving your video file. It only takes a short while to get the stuff you want from the web. This tool is completely free without the need for installing separate software, Java, subscriptions, etc. It’s only that you need to set up a quick launcher for the first time using it. You now obtain any videos from some of the popular video sharing sites just by only using the URL. On top of that, you can also download the video into the format that you prefer because it provides several download links in a different format. Audio format is also included, which makes it act like a converter at the same time.
Step1 Open the toolbar on the official website
To start using the tool, you have to visit the official site. For your convenience, we have incorporated in this page for easy access. If you want to try it, open a new tab, and search for any video from any video sharing site. Then copy the link from the address bar and go back to this page. Next, paste the link into the download bar and click “Download” to initiate the process.
Step2 Choose a format
Once the URL is detected, there will be another pop-up window that contains several download links in different formats. You need to choose which format from the list that you needed the most.
Step3 Download the video
Once you are decided which one to download, use your computer mouse to move the cursor and point it to the “blue download” button. Finally, right-click and choose “save link as” from the options are given.
- You can use this tool for education, entertainment, and business use.
- Available for Chrome, Firefox, IE, Opera, Safari, and other web browser
- Can’t be used without an internet connection
Distinctive Feature: You can download videos as many as you like with a few single clicks.
System OS: Windows and Mac
This tool is an extension for FireFox and the Chrome browser, where this plugin can take videos by grabbing them and instantly making them available to download on multiple popular video sharing sites. This video downloader Firefox app works as an extension in a way that after incorporating it into the browser. A small icon of the program appears beside the search bar on the top of your internet browser and makes it possible to directly download all your needed videos on the page where it is being played, with a straightforward mouse click. About the coverage of supported sites, it is compatible with the popular sites like Facebook, Vimeo, Liveleak, Bloomberg, Metacafe, Periscope, DailyMotion, UStream, RAI, Fox, Break, and more. You can follow the steps below on how to use Video DownloadHelper
In case you still decide on using this tool, have a look at how to do it:
- The first thing to do is to download the extension directly from Google by typing the extension name.
- Once you have installed the extension in your web browser, visit the video-sharing platform you want to save video from. A little icon shaped like a balloon will appear on your browser toolbar, click on it and select the video you want to download.
- You will see the download progress after selecting the video you desire. Once the download is complete, the clip will be saved on your computer. You can now watch the video anytime you want, even if there is no internet access.
- To play the downloaded video, head to your download folder and look for the file.
- Also, you can click on the shortcut download history located at the bottom of the interface. The picture below will help you understand the process more.
- It can download streaming videos at 1080p
- Allows you to extract audio from videos
- Not free anymore
Distinctive Feature: This tool can download videos one by one for you to keep bandwidth to surf for other websites.
System OS: Windows, Mac, Linux
Price: Price is $28
Video Downloader Professional is a Google Chrome extension built for downloading online videos. It is a lightweight downloader perfect for saving short videos on your PC because it does not consume any disk space. Also, it resides as an added extension within the Google Chrome browser, so it does not create an icon on the actual desktop. The tool is a capable downloader because it supports almost every website that hosts videos like YouTube, Vimeo, and even Facebook. Additionally, users can create a list of videos within the tool if they want to watch them without visiting the actual website. It is also perfect if they don’t want to download the videos to their PC; they can just leave them on the list. To learn how to use this fantastic extension, follow the steps below.
- Install the tool by launching the Google Chrome browser and then open the Chrome Web Store and search for Video Downloader Professional then click the “Add to Chrome” button.
- After installation, the tool icon will be then added to the extension tray which is located right next to the address bar.
- To download a video, visit a video hosting site, Vimeo for example, and then the download icon will appear.
- Click the download button and then choose the format of the video that you want to download on your PC.
- It can download videos from any sites
- Enables you to select different resolultions if the website supports it
- It lists all the videos on a page even the ads
Distinctive Feature: This tool lets you play MP4 videos via Google Chromecast on your TV.
System OS: Windows and Mac
Next, we have the Fastest Tube, which is an independent Google Chrome extension. Meaning, the tool is not available from the Chrome Website, but instead, can be downloaded from its official website. The installation process of the extension is also different compared to the straightforward way used it the Chrome Web Store. The installation process of the tool involves several steps which are not common among extensions. One consists of launching an application and allowing it to make changes to the PC. However, in terms of performance, this tool is efficient and fast in downloading any video, especially from YouTube. The tool can provide various video formats that you can download with varying file sizes. To learn how to use the Fastest Tube on your PC, follow the steps below.
- Install Fastest Tube by visiting its official website. From the home-page, click the “Install” button to download the installer in ZIP format.
- Extract the file and then click the “Read Me” file to learn how to properly install it on the PC.
- Once the extension is installed, open YouTube from a new tab and then select a video. You will see the newly added “Download” option from the interface. Click the download button and then select the format of the video that you want to download.
- The download process will then start immediately after and just wait for your video to finish.
- It bypasses age restriction for downloading vidoes
- Allows you to get HD videos easily
- Can’t click videos on the Watch Later playlist
Distinctive Feature: FastTube can be activated by clicking the thumbnail of the video that you want to download.
System OS: Windows, Mac, Linux
Selecting the right video downloader for browser will no longer be a challenge once you are familiar with the different video downloaders available. Saving videos on your device from video hosting sites is very simple once you have the relevant tool. There are lots of robust solutions you can access; all you need to do is select the one that suits your needs best.
If you have used a different video downloader for browser to save videos on your device, please share with us so we can update our list of video downloaders in our next post. Thank you for the time spent reading this post. Click here if you are also interested in downloading video using URL.