One of the best ways to catch fun during your free time is to watch videos on the net. There are many online video sharing platforms where you get to view lots of hilarious, viral, and informative videos, including Vimeo, YouTube, Facebook, Dailymotion, and others. As long as you have an active and fast internet connection, getting the best view experience when watching online videos is a sure thing. What if you don't have access to the internet at all or your internet connection is slow, does that mean you won't be able to view videos from these sites? Well, you can. Only if you download it on your device using a browser video downloader to view later. That way, you can watch the video anytime, even if you don't have network access. In this post, you will be introduced to some of the best video downloaders that you can use to save videos from web browsers like Chrome, Opera, Firefox, IE, and others. You can also use mobile applications on your smartphones to download videos from the internet straight to your device.
Video Keeper Lite - Downloader for All Browsers
Distinctive Feature: It boasts a multi-thread technology that uses the full bandwidth of your internet connection resulting to faster download speed.
Video Keeper Lite is a software that lets you grab videos from various online sites like YouTube, Vimeo, DailyMotion, and many others. The obvious advantage is that you can download videos in batch instead of downloading only one at a time. Because of this, the Video Keeper Lite is considered to be one of the best video downloaders for Chrome. Moreover, it allows you to convert downloaded videos to popular video/audio formats like AVI, WMV, FLV. MOV, 3GP, MP3, and many more so you can play and enjoy the videos virtually. To use this tool, you can check the steps provided.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Download the Software
Click any of the "Download" button provided above to get the installer. Open it and start the set-up wizard and follow it properly. Once installed, launch it to get familiarize with its interface.
Step 2 Download using its Built-in Browser
From the interface, go to "Online Video" tab to access the browser. Then, visit any online streaming site you prefer using its address bar. Search for the video and try to play it. Next, click the "Download" button right next to the address bar.
Step 3 View Your Completed Video
When the download is completed, you can find the downloaded videos by navigating to "Completed" panel on the left part of the tool. Right-click on the file name and you can choose "Play" to watch it immediately. Or, select "Open File Location" to access its output folder.
- It can download videos from 100+ video sharing site.
- Allows you to download YouTube playlist with a single click.
- Needs to purchase license so you can download videos without any limit.
Video DownloadHelper - Top Firefox Video Downloader
Distinctive Feature: This tool can download videos one by one for you to keep bandwidth to surf for other websites.
This tool is an extension for Firefox and the Chrome browser, where this plugin can take videos by grabbing them and instantly making them available to download on multiple popular video sharing sites. This video downloader Firefox app works as an extension in a way that after incorporating it into the browser. A small icon of the program appears beside the search bar on the top of your internet browser and makes it possible to directly download all your needed videos on the page where it is being played, with a straightforward mouse click. About the coverage of supported sites, it is compatible with the popular sites like Facebook, Vimeo, Liveleak, Bloomberg, Metacafe, Periscope, DailyMotion, UStream, RAI, Fox, Break, and more. You can follow the steps below on how to use Video DownloadHelper.
In case you still decide on using this tool, have a look at how to do it:
- The first thing to do is to download the extension directly from Google by typing the extension name.
- Once you have installed the extension in your web browser, visit the video-sharing platform you want to save video from. A little icon shaped like a balloon will appear on your browser toolbar, click on it and select the video you want to download.
- You will see the download progress after selecting the video you desire. Once the download is complete, the clip will be saved on your computer. You can now watch the video anytime you want, even if there is no internet access.
- To play the downloaded video, head to your download folder and look for the file.
- Also, you can click on the shortcut download history located at the bottom of the interface. The picture below will help you understand the process more.
- It can download streaming videos at 1080p.
- Allows you to extract audio from videos.
- Not free anymore.
Video Downloader Professional - Chrome Downloader
Distinctive Feature: This tool lets you play MP4 videos via Google Chromecast.
Video Downloader Professional is a Google Chrome extension built for downloading online videos. It is a lightweight downloader perfect for saving short videos on your PC because it does not consume any disk space. Also, it resides as an added extension within the Google Chrome browser, so it does not create an icon on the actual desktop. The tool is a capable downloader because it supports almost every website that hosts videos like YouTube, Vimeo, and even Facebook. Additionally, users can create a list of videos within the tool if they want to watch them without visiting the actual website. It is also perfect if they don't want to download the videos to their PC; they can just leave them on the list. To learn how to use this fantastic extension, follow the steps below.
- Install the tool by launching the Google Chrome browser and then open the Chrome Web Store and search for Video Downloader Professional, then click the "Add to Chrome" button.
- After installation, the tool icon will then be added to the extension tray, which is located right next to the address bar.
- To download a video, visit a video hosting site, Vimeo, for example, and then the download icon will appear.
- Click the download button and then choose the format of the video that you want to download on your PC.
- It can download videos from any sites.
- Enables you to select different resolutions if the website supports it.
- It lists all the videos on a page even the ads.
SaveFromNet - IE Online Video Downloader
Distinctive Feature: It has an "SS Method," which you can apply to grab YouTube videos quickly without opening another downloader tool.
SaveFromNet is an online tool that is compatible with the Internet Explorer browser. It allows you to grab videos from a wide range of supported sites, including YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, and more. Also, it is capable of downloading online videos for up to Full HD Quality or 1080p. Aside from that, it supports the most commonly used video format, which is MP4. Apart from its downloading function, it can even extract audio directly from the online videos by just selecting the MP3 format on the provided list.
- First, hit the link given here to redirect you to the official website of SaveFromNet using your Internet Explorer. Next, visit the video-sharing site you'd like to download a video.
- Look for the video you wish to watch on your offline playback and copy the video link. Next, go back to the SaveFromNet page to paste the URL on the provided link bar and hit the "Download" button.
- Once it is done fetching your video, click the "Drop-down" menu to click a format you prefer. You can wait for a few minutes until it saves the video automatically on your drive.
- SaveFromNet is compatible with your Chrome and Firefox as well.
- It is also available as APK so you can install it on your Android device.
- There are irritating pop-up ads on the homepage when you are downloading a video.
Selecting the right video downloader for the browser will no longer be a challenge once you are familiar with the different video downloaders available. Saving videos on your device from video hosting sites is straightforward once you have the relevant tool. There are many robust solutions you can access; all you need to do is select the one that suits your needs best.
If you have used a different video downloader for the browser to save videos on your device, please share it with us to update our list of video downloaders in our next post. Thank you for the time spent reading this post. Click here if you are also interested in downloading video using URL.