Ant Video Downloader is and easy-to-use extension for Firefor and Internet Explorer that allows you to download videos from online streaming websites with a single click. Almost all popular video sharing sites like YouTube, Vimeo and Dailymotion are well supported. When you play a video on your web browser, the Ant Video Downloader will pop up and offer you different downloading options from low quality to ultra-high definition. However, the developers haven’t updated it for a long time and currently it’s still blocked by Chrome and Safari. 4K videos are not supported and sometimes the downloading is not stable even you can only download one video at a time. If you want to get an Ant Video Downloader alternativeAnt Video Downloader is and easy-to-use extension for Firefor and Internet Explorer that allows you to download videos from online streaming websites with a single click. Almost all popular video sharing sites like YouTube, Vimeo and Dailymotion are well supported. When you play a video on your web browser, the Ant Video Downloader will pop up and offer you different downloading options from low quality to ultra-high definition. However, the developers haven’t updated it for a long time and currently it’s still blocked by Chrome and Safari. 4K videos are not supported and sometimes the downloading is not stable even you can only download one video at a time. If you want to get an Ant Video Downloader alternative that works stably for all web browsers and enables you to download multiple videos at the same time, here are some of the best options we can find as below.
Video Keeper is recommended as the best Ant video downloader alternative for its comprehensive functions. It not only allows you to download online videos from the Internet, but also lets you convert downloaded videos to various video/audio formats. Moreover, you can edit the videos, burn DVDs and even record your computer screen using this program. It also has format presets for mobile devices, including Apple devices, Samsung, and many more mobile formats. By the way, it comes with an audio conversion feature that allows you to extract audio out of a video without limitation to the number of conversions. Get a hands-on experience of this amazing software by following the steps below.
Step1 Install the software and launch
To download the program, choose the platform that fits your computer and install it. When the app is successfully downloaded and installed, run the software to begin downloading videos.
Try It Free
Step2 Download videos
Now, begin downloading videos using Video Keeper. Switch tab to “Detect” represented by a detector icon. A browser interface should show upon switching to this tab. From the address bar, type in the website where you wish to download videos. Stream your preferred video and then click the “Enable Detector” at the lower left corner of the app to turn on the auto-detect function. By then, the video should be added to the download queue under the “Downloading” section.
Step3 Check the downloaded video
After the video is downloaded, it should be added to the list of downloaded videos under “Completed” section. Look for the video you downloaded from this section and double-click to look at the playback.
Key Features of Video Keeper
- Multiple Video Format Support– This all-in-one downloader and conversion program offers support for both SD and HD video formats, including MP4, AVI, WMV, FLV, MPEG, 3GP, HD MKV, HD AVI, HD MP4, HD MPG, HD WMV, HD MOV and many more.
- Super Quick Conversion – This alternative converts video files much faster than the old Ant Video Converter. It also allows you to convert more than one video at the same time, which saves you a lot of sitting around and waiting one file at a time.
- Downloader Access on Top Video Websites – This program can grab videos from YouTube with ease, but also offers downloading from Dailymotion, Vimeo, AOL Video, Break, Facebook, BlipTV, Vevo and many others.
- No Limit Video Conversion – When compared with Ant Video Converter, this program is miles ahead. Ant limits the size of the video you can convert and only offers five file format options. Video Keeper will do conversions on videos of any length or file size. This is perfect for people who need to convert feature-length movies to a different format so they can watch it on a different device.
If you do not want to use the program described above, the Orbit Downloader is another alternative to Ant Video Downloader to grab flash videos from the Internet. All you have to do is download and install the program on your computer, navigate to the "Tools" menu and click on the "Grab + +" selection. Once you activate the "Grab + +" service, the Orbit Downloader can be closed.
Quick Guide to use Orbit Video Downloader
- In order to download a video from sharing site, simply navigate to the video you want and run it. Orbits "Grab + +" automatically identifies the video and filters all extraneous information from the website at the same time. All you have to do is click the "Download" button, choose where you wish to save it, input a name and then click the button again. There are advanced options available if you click "More" but the default settings are sufficient for video capture in most cases.
- After the download process finishes, double-click to open the Orbit Downloader and navigate to the "Completed" selection on the left hand side of the screen.
- You should find the file you just downloaded listed here. You can remove video names from this list by clicking "Actions" and then "Clear All List."
- In the "Actions" menu, selecting "Preferences" and "Monitoring" allows you to change which Internet browsers the program will recognize for grabbing videos. In the "General" selection, you can choose particular video files to exclude as well.
When I tested the "Grab + +" application from the Orbit Downloader, it worked without error or delay on multiple video sharing sites and with multiple video formats. As reading extension, you may check this page for reviews of even more web-based or standalone video download applications.
VidMate is a reliable and remarkable video downloading-application on Android that allows users to download YouTube Videos. You can search for files on this app using the search bar, or you can look for files based on different categories like music, movies, or TV shows. VidMate offers fast downloads (downloading speed is top-notch), users can also customize the download rate and choose a preferred download path/location within the app’s download settings. Also, the app comes with a built-in music player, video player, and also permit users to create a private space (encrypted) within the app where they get to hide videos.
How to Use Vidmate to Download YouTube Videos on Android
- Download the APK of the tool from the web and open the application on your device and click on the YouTube website in the app.
- Look for videos on the platform you want to download and hit the red download button displayed on the content.
- Choose the video quality you desire and hit the “Download” option. The download begins immediately.
Another useful video downloading app for iOS devices like iPhone or iPad is DownloadMate. This app gives users the ability to view, watch, and edit downloads directly from their device. This app comes with a web browser with tabs, bookmark manager, and basic authentication through HTTP integrated with Google Search. The app’s download manager features live progress bar for downloads. It shows the number of active downloads and users can easily customize the download path/location. You can also resume interrupted file downloads inside the application. Using DownloadMate’s file manager, users can carry out file-related operations within the app. You can use the app to import audio files and images from your device and also compress downloaded videos to ZIP file.
Also, you can send videos as an attachment using DownloadMate, provided the size is not above 15mb. The developers have not released any new update for the app; the last released update was in 2014. So it’s possible this app won’t be fully compatible with new iOS versions, starting from 11 upwards.