Ever experienced browsing on Google Chrome, and you suddenly came across an audio that played out of nowhere? To your surprise, the audio sounded good, and you don’t know where it’s located. This is a dilemma for most people, which is why it never hurts to have a Chrome audio recorder Ever experienced browsing on Google Chrome, and you suddenly came across an audio that played out of nowhere? To your surprise, the audio sounded good, and you don’t know where it’s located. This is a dilemma for most people, which is why it never hurts to have a Chrome audio recorder ready just in case this happens. By having a reliable audio recorder on your PC, it will be easier to record any audio coming from the browser anytime. With that being said, we listed down some of the best audio recorder applications in existence. Read on to know more about these tools and learn how to use one of them.
AceThinker Free Audio Recorder Online is a free to use web-based recorder available on Chrome and other web-browsers. This exceptional Chrome sound recorder can record sounds from the system, including Chrome web-browser. Anyone is free to use the tool as long as they have a stable internet network. The tool can capture Chrome audio in various audio formats like MP3, FLV, and WAV. Aside from system audio, the tool is also capable of recording external audio from sources like Microphones. To learn how to use AceThinker Free Audio Recorder Online, follow the steps below.
Step1 Launch the tool on PC
To launch AceThinker Free Online Audio Recorder, visit its official website and from the homepage, click the “Start recording” button then tool interface will then appear. For first time users, they will be asked to install the online launcher first as the recorder needs it. The installation process will not take more than two minutes.
Step2 Start recording Chrome audio and save the audio file
Open the Google Chrome browser, and from a new tab, play the necessary audio to be recorded. Switch back to the tool, and from the main interface, click the “Record” button to start the actual recording process. After the audio stops playing, end the recording by clicking the “Stop” button from the same main-interface of the tool. The audio recording will be then saved on the PC, and to listen to it, click the “Recording List” button.
Step3 Listen to the recording
From the “Recording List” window, select the recently recorded audio file, which is usually the top one. Click the “Play” button, and the audio playback will begin.
Online Voice Recorder is a Chrome MP3 recorder that specializes in recording external audio. This means that using an external microphone, and you will be able to record your voice. The tool is pretty straightforward because there is no complicated process to follow, which is why it is highly recommended. This is because the recorded audio is saved in MP3 format, which is playable from any media device. However, the too is only limited to recording voice in MP3 format and will not launch if there is no microphone connected to the PC. To learn how to use the Online Voice Recorder, follow the guide below.
- From the Chrome browser, open a new tab and then visit the official website of Online Voice Recorder.
- From the homepage of the tool, allow it to access the microphone from the PC by clicking the “Allow” button from the notification that will appear.
- Start the recording by clicking “Microphone” icon from the website and start recording your voice online.
- Click the “Stop” button once done recording with Online Voice Recorder and the sound playback will appear.
- Listen to the voice recording by clicking the “Play” button, and once satisfied with the result, click the “Save” button. The recording will be then downloaded saved to the PC.
Chrome Audio Capture, as the name suggests, is a Google Chrome extension accessible from the Chrome web store. This is a type of online recorder that can record audio from Chrome Mac and on Windows. The only difference is that it is only available on Chrome because once installed, it will be added to Google Chrome directly. This is the difference between an extension and a web-based audio recorder, which is why it is recommended for Chrome. The tool is free to add to the browser, which is very convenient and can record a maximum of a twenty-minute audio clip. The recorded file is stored in an MP3 format automatically for more convenience to the user. Here are the steps to use this tool.
- Open a Google Chrome browser and open the Chrome Web Store and visit the extension page.
- Search for the extension name and then click the blue “Add to Chrome” button.
- After installation, the extension icon will appear on the extension bar of Chrome. Click the icon and then hit the “Start capture” button to begin recording.
- Once done recording, click the “Save capture” button and then the encoding process will begin. Once this is done, another “Save Capture” button and select where to save the audio on the PC.
Cloud Audio Recorder is another Chrome extension that supports major web-browsers like Chrome and Firefox. This tool is efficient because it does not consume any disk space on the hard-drive. Just like any other Chrome extension, it is available from the Chrome Web Store and is free to install. This straightforward audio recorder for Chrome is capable of recording clear sounds from the PC system. Additionally, it can also record sounds from a microphone if it is available on the PC. Cloud Audio Recorder is indeed an excellent tool to have on any Chrome browser and to learn how to use it, follow the guide below.
- Install Cloud Audio Recorder by clicking the “Add to Chrome” button from the Chrome web-store
- After installation, the tool icon will open on a new tab.
- Start the recording by hitting the “Start” button and then click the “Stop” button once done.
- Choose which format to export the recorded file into. Choose between MP3, and WAV.
- Finally, choose what to do with the recording, either play it, or save it on both PC and Google Drive.
The last tool on the list is Free Sound Recorder, which is a great way to record audio from Chrome Mac and Windows. Free Sound Recorder is an open-sourced recorder capable of recording audio in various formats like MP3, AAC, and WAV. The tool uses MP3 as the default recording format because it is the most accepted format across platforms. With its highly-intuitive interface, the tool is deemed a user-friendly one because there are no confusing buttons scattered across the main interface. Also, the buttons are titled and clearly, which makes it recommended for amateur users. Another great thing about the tool is the built-in music editor for advanced users. To use this tool, follow the user guide below.
- Visit the official website of Free Sound Recorder and then click the download button.
- Launch the installer and then follow the instructions of the setup wizard.
- To record the Chrome audio, launch the tool and from the main interface, click the red “Record” button.
- To end the recording process, click the “Stop” button and then recorded audio will appear on the “Preview Panel.”
- Play the recording by clicking the “Play” button from the “Preview Panel.”
Chrome audio recorders have a lot of similarities because they all record system audio. However, the deciding factor is the ease of use, and most importantly, the clarity of the recording. With that being said, one of the tools mentioned above has all the factors mentioned. This is true especially for AceThinker Free Audio Recorder Online, because it captures both system audio and microphone. Using such a tool will provide not only convenience but also high-quality and free audio recording.