Evolving technology and digital audio formats like the MP3 and live streaming has been receiving a growing interest recently, and this has a great influence onhow we enjoy music. On the other hand, the love for the good old compact disc (CD) remains, asthe audio quality provided by the CD is unrivaled. However, a need has been emerging to extract audio from CDs to digital format so that it can be played on our PCs, also making the portable player to remain a necessity. The next few steps would guide you an overview on how to go about burning and ripping CDs.
Burn Audio files to CD on a computer
The first thing you need to perform in case of this task is getting a blank CD. There are two types of blank CDs. One is theCD-R which allows you to burn or write files on it just once, and doesn’t give room for rewrites, whilethe CD-RW allows you to continuously burn or rip CDs as many times as you want.
- Step 1. Ensure that you download and run “Acethinker Music Recorder“.
- Step 2. Put a blank CD into your PCs CD drive.
- Step 3. Click on “CD Burner” from the drop-down list in the “Tools” tab in this audio recorder.
- Step 4. Click on the “Add” button to select the music tracks you want to burn and then choose your preferred CD burning format. Acethinker Music Recorder allows you to burn two types of CDs namely; Audio CD and Data CD.
Audio CD: This is accepted byany standard CD player, including any home entertainment system, car stereo, as well asPCs which can play CD-R and CD-RW discs.
Data CD: Also known as Media CD, it has a memory capacity of about 700 megabytes (MB) of data. It serves as a perfect avenue for data backup for your files. Data CDs can be read using only a PC.
- Step 5. Click the “Start” button to start burning; you can monitor the burning progress on the progress bar of the application.
- Step 6. On completion of the burning, a popup window appears notifying you that the burning is now completed.
- Step 7. Finally, you can play your CD on any available CD player afterwards, including both your home system, your PCs as well as thecar stereo.
Rip MP3 files from your Compact Disc efficiently.
It is straightforward to perform the reverse function which is to extract your favorite songs from a CD.
- Step 1. Slot in the CD you want to rip into your Computer CD drive.
- Step 2. Run Acethinker Music Recorder and Click on “CD Ripper” from the drop-down “Tools” menu.
- Step 3. Mark and select the tracks of interest and click on the “Start” button.
- Step 4. Once the ripping is complete, you can transfer the mp3 files to your phone or any other device.