With the number of different phones, tablets and programs people use on a variety of operating systems, it’s necessary now to be able to convert videos from one format to another. For instance, you download a movie in MP4 format but it neither play in QuickTime nor on your iOS device because of the codec is not supported. In case like this, you can convert it to MOV format which is better supported by Apple.
In this article I will show you how to convert MP4 to MOV in a way which will suit you, on Windows or Mac.
Best MP4 to MOV Video Converter
When wanting a desktop converter to change your MP4 files into MOV files you don’t need to look much further than AceThinker Video Converter. This piece of software will convert your videos in such a way that it will not have any loss of quality.
One of the best features of the MP4 to MOV converting software is that you can edit the video within the software. This makes sure that you will not need to download any extra editing software if you want to make changes to the final product. The software, one your video is converted, allows you to trim, add effects, add watermarks, text and annotate your video.
This software is very easy to use and should not only pose no problems for beginners but is also great software to use for the more experienced users who wish to add extra to their video. Download it and give it a try.
Try It Free
1. Under the first “Convert” tab, click the “Add files” button to navigate to the MP4 file you want to convert and hit “Open” to import file.
3. Select MOV format from the profile list. If you want to put output file on your iPad or iPhone, you can simple choose the preset format for you device, which is optimized with best quality and a small file size. You can customized the codec, bitrate, resolution, etc. by clicking the setttings.
4. When you are done with the settings, click on the “Convert” button located in the bottom right to start converting MP4 to MOV format. The converting of the file will then start and should complete relatively quickly depending on the size of the video.
Freemake Video Converter
Even though free video converters offer a simpler piece of software, sometimes it’s preferable for users who only want to convert one file or just use a simpler piece of software. Freemake is a free piece of software that is easy to use. Although it doesn’t have as many features as the Video Converter from AceThinker, it is still a good piece of software to use. This is a very easy way to convert from MP4 to MOV. With simplicity come less features as the Freemake Video Converter does not come with a built in editor so it is impossible to make changes to the video using software. One of the benefits of this is that it will re-size your video to DVD size so you can put it on a DVD.
Any MP4 to MOV Video Converter
Any Video Converter is another great free tool which you are able to download for free. Just like the Freemake software. What gives this the advantage over the Freemake software is that this does include a video editor along with being able to convert from MP4 to MOV. The supplied editor in the free version is very limited but it will still allow you to add text, rotate and crop the video.
There is a pro version of the software which comes with a much better editor but unfortunately the free version of the program likes to remind you that the paid version exists, with almost every click. This can get annoying but is a great piece of software if that doesn’t bother you.
Online MP4 to MOV Converter
If you are converting a short MP4 movie to MOV format, and you don’t have many video conversion tasks to do, you will probably look for an online tool so you don’t need to download and install any app on you Mac. Online video converters are very simplistic methods of getting the result but usually have a decrease in quality.
1. Acethinker Online Converter comes handy in cases like this. It gives you all the features, tweaks, and options you need to convert MP4 to MOV format that plays smoothly in Quicktime, iMovie, Final cut pro, etc. You can also send output MOV videos to your iOS devices to watch on the go. With the help of it, converting videos is as easy as three simple steps, load the file, choose the MOV output format, and convert. You can choose deeper tweak if you prefer to customize the video.
2. Zamzar is a perfect example of keeping it simple. With four easy steps you can convert your MP4 file to a MOV file and it’s really easy to use. Just choose your file, choose MOV as the format, insert your email and it’s done. One issue with this is having to go through email in order to get the link. Some people prefer not to use an email address on a site such as this but unfortunately there is no way around it.
2. Clipconverter Clipconverter is another program similar to Zamzar which will allow you to convert a video using their website. This will allow you to convert a video from your PC and a URL and does not need an email address in order for you to download the file. This is a very simple converter and does not allow many video formats or any sort of editing.
MP4 to MOV Converters sum up
In terms of keeping it simple there are a number of different websites and programs you can choose from. The website offer a very simple approach to turn turning an MP4 file into a MOV file but don’t offer anything else while the free software can offer a little more and with better quality. If you’re wanting the best software of these then look no further than Video Converter from AceThinker. Not only does this have everything but it also produces the better quality videos and gives you a lot to do with your video after conversion.