There are lots of times when you might need to switch from your computer to your TV. You could have a video stored on your computer that you can’t watch on your TV. Maybe you have a lot of pictures that you want to share with the family on a bigger screen. No matter what the reason is, it’s worth knowing how to connect your computer to a TV. Thanks to some of the latest technological advancements, there are now many products and applications that can mirror PC to TV There are lots of times when you might need to switch from your computer to your TV. You could have a video stored on your computer that you can’t watch on your TV. Maybe you have a lot of pictures that you want to share with the family on a bigger screen. No matter what the reason is, it’s worth knowing how to connect your computer to a TV. Thanks to some of the latest technological advancements, there are now many products and applications that can mirror PC to TV. Some of them can even connect the two devices wirelessly. Here are some of the best apps to display PC screen on TV and how to use them.
The first method we have for you is connecting your PC to TV with an HDMI cable. An HDMI cable connects two devices through a wire. It is the most reliable and flexible mirroring method today. It can even be used with laptops that don’t have a built-in HDMI port. Just pick up an adapter from any gadget store, and you can stream PC to TV with an HDMI cable;
How to Use HDMI Cable
- Find the HDMI port on your computer and connect one end of the cable to the TV and the other end to the laptop. If you don’t have an HDMI port, then connect an adapter to your computer instead and then connect the cable to the adapter.
- Turn on the computer and TV and press the “Input” button on your remote. Choose HDMI from the input options, and it should show your computer monitor on the TV.
- Set up the sound on your TV by right-clicking on the speaker icon on the computer. Click on Playback Devices > Playback Tabs > Digital Output Device (HDMI) > OK.
If you don’t want to deal with cables, then Chromecast is an option. This streaming device lets you connect computers and mobile gadgets to TV. Chromecast allows you to cast music or pictures and also watch online videos from streaming websites like HBO, YouTube, and Netflix. Much like with an HDMI cable, the connection process is simple and easy.
How to Use Chromecast
- Connect the HDMI cable of the Chromecast device into the HDMI port of your TV and connect the USB wire to a compatible port to power it.
- Search the Google Chrome Store for “Google Cast” and install it.
- Open a new window on your browser and click on “Cast.”
- Choose your TV from the list of available devices, and you’re good to mirror PC to TV.
Note: While Chromecast is a viable alternative, keep in mind that it works over a Wi-Fi connection. If your connection isn’t good enough, then you’ll be stuck with a low-quality image and some playback lag.
Need something more than Chromecast? Well, we’ve got another wireless option for you. It’s called Miracast. Miracast is described as being “HDMI over Wi-Fi” because it allows different devices to connect across wireless networks. It was first introduced back with Windows 8.1, and almost all laptops and OS now use Miracast. Miracast can play HD videos from your computer to PC, and it can display anything happen on your monitor to TV.
How to Use Miracast
- First, visit the official website of Miracast to start.
- Then, open your computer settings and click on “Devices.”
- Then, go to “Connected Devices” and then click “Add a Device.”
- Allow your computer to detect devices and click on your TV from the available options.
- If your computer doesn’t connect to your TV automatically, then right-click and choose “Display Settings.”
- After your TV is detected and ready to go, click on “Connect” to start mirroring computer to TV.
Note: While Miracast could be considered a breakthrough in connectivity, it still has some lingering issues to be aware of. It doesn’t always stream your device. This is a problem that users still haven’t worked out the solution to. There could also be some lag between computer and TV. Finally, Miracast doesn’t allow for multitasking.
As well as allowing you to mirror PC to TV, this app will enable you to mirror mobile devices to PC. This lets you display your mobile phone display on the larger screen of a TV. There are many applications for this, but AceThinker Mirror is among the best. This app works perfectly on Mac and Windows. It lets you connect several Android/iPhone devices at once and stream their content – including music, videos, pictures, and gameplay – perfectly. Moreover, it comes with a built-in recording function to let you capture videos and take screenshots of your device. On top of all that, the app allows you to connect devices using a few different methods. It lets you connect through USB cable or Wi-Fi. Here’s how to use this great app;
Step1 Download and Install the Software
Download the app to your computer and TV with our handy shortcuts. The “Green” button is for PC while the other is for TV. Make sure you have both devices connected to the same Wi-Fi network so that the app works properly.
Step2 Get the PIN Code
Launch the app on the devices and get the PIN code from your TV by clicking the “Pin Code” button.
Step3 Mirror PC to TV
Enter the password on to your computer. Click on “Start Mirroring” to begin the mirroring process.
All of these options are great when you need to mirror your devices. However, we believe that AceThinker Mirror is the best choice. The other tools work on just a computer and TV. AceThinker Mirror can be used to mirror your phone to PC and vice versa as well. That’s why it’s one of the best tools for the job.