There are times when it makes more sense, and it’s more fun to watch your favorite shows with your family and friends through a service like Netflix. However, it can be a problem to view content with others when you have to watch them on a small screen like a phone or laptop. You need to be able to watch things on television to enjoy all the fun of streaming all of your favorite movies and TV shows on the large screen. There’s no need to worry if you aren’t sure about how to do that, though. Our article will show you how you can mirror Mac to TV for more convenient viewing and sharing.
HDMI which stands for High Definition Multimedia Interface – is a connection or cable that lets you transfer high-definition audio and video from one device to another. It also supports audio-digital devices including projectors, digital televisions, DVD players, and game consoles like PlayStation and Xbox. However, if you want to use this method to connect your Mac to TV, you should first check whether your Mac has an HDMI port or not. It should be easy because you just need to connect your Mac to a TV using an HDMI cable. Unfortunately, if your computer doesn’t have such a connection, then you may need to invest in an HDMI DisplayPort Adapter to connect to your TV.
Here’s how you can connect your Mac to TV through HDMI:
- The first step is to find the HDMI port for your Mac. Then connect an HDMI cable between the computers.
- If you want to use an HDMI DisplayPort Adapter, then you must make sure that the cable is connected to the adapter.
- The next step is to connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI port of the television.
- After you’ve connected all the cables, you’re ready to complete the setup.
- Use your remote control to open up the “source” menu on the computer and change to HDMI to have the computer screen display on the TV.
Another simple method to stream Mac to TV is through using the AirBeamTV application. This tool lets you mirror your Mac, iPad, and iPhone to the television screen. Not only does this allow you to cast your phone screen but also stream the audio to your TV as well. It means you can watch videos and movies and presentations on your TV. On top of all of that, this gives you total ease of use because you don’t need to mess about with cables and connections.
Here’s how to use AirBeamTV:
- Start by downloading and installing the app to your Mac from the AirBeamTV website or directly through the Mac App Store.
- Make sure your TV and Mac are connected to the same Wi-Fi connection.
- Open up the program on your Mac and you should see the mirror icon.
- Click on the icon and find the name of your TV.
- Click on the name of the TV to start mirroring the Mac screen to a TV.
If you are a fan of Apple products, then you likely have an Apple TV as well as Mac. If that’s the case, you can use Apple TV to mirror the screen on an iPhone. This feature is built into iOS and Mac devices through the AirPlay Mirroring feature. It can also be done without any adapters or connecting wires too, and it’s all done by connecting the devices to the same wireless network. If you want to know how to use AirPlay Mirroring, follow the steps below.
Here are the steps involved:
- Start by ensuring that the Mac and Apple TV are both turned on.
- Click the Apple icon on the Mac and choose “System Preferences” and then click on “Display.”
- You should see “AirPlay Display” in the list of options, near the bottom.
- Click the bar that says “Off” and choose your Apple TV from the list that comes up.
- This should connect your Mac and Apple TV and cast the screen from the Mac to Apple TV.
These are the three most effective methods to mirror Mac to TV. However, you should choose the plan that best suits your resources and situation. HDMI and AirBeamTV both offer support for most television brands, but AirBeamTV is the way to go if you want to avoid having to use wires. If you do own an Apple TV though, it just makes sense to use AirPlay Mirroring with how quick and convenient it is.