A smooth, cost-effective, and comfortable way to watch TV is through Roku streaming as all you need to do is plug in your PC and connect online. In some situations, you may want to screencast your Mac to Roku and share media files with your friends or colleagues. But you still can’t find a way to do that? Well, if you are one of those who want to mirror Mac to Roku to view the content on your Mac on Roku, you’re now in the right place. This post will teach you how to mirror Mac to Roku, read to the end to know-how.
One of the best and most advanced Mac screen mirroring application is Mirror Screen to Roku. You can use this in streaming your Mac screen, and other brands also, to almost any Roku device models and TVs wirelessly. Another exciting thing about this is that you don’t need any cable or third-party hardware. Follow the steps below to learn how to screen mirror Mac to Roku.
How to Use Mirror Screen to Roku:
- Download and launch the Mirror Screen to Roku on your Mac or any other receiver on your network that supports Roku. On your Roku device, install a companion channel.
- In the application section, you will find “Mirror Source” click on the file you want to cast to your TV. You can select your Mac main screen or any application that’s open on your Mac.
- Select “Enable Mac Audio on TV” if you want to add your Mac’s system audio while screencasting. However, you will need an audio driver installed to use this feature; you can download this driver for free.
- The next thing to do is to tap “Mirroring To” and choose the device you want to mirror.
- Your Mac screen will be mirrored immediately. To stop the mirroring session, ensure the receiving device is disconnected in the “Mirroring To” section.
You can use Rokucast, a Google Chrome extension, on your Mac. You can stream your Mac screen wirelessly to Roku using this extension; you can send photos, music, and videos on your Roku device. You can also stream videos, music, and pictures from your smartphones or media server to a larger screen. Follow these steps to know you can use RokuCast to mirror your Mac to Roku.On your Roku device, install RokuCast. After installation, head to the settings page on Roku and update it. The application will appear in your Roku home page.
How to Use RokuCast
- Connect your Roku device and computer to the same Wi-Fi network. Also, take note of your Roku IP address.
- On your Chrome browser, install Rokucast on your Mac.
- Click on the RokuCast extension on your Mac and hit the small gear icon located the bottom right. Input your Roku IP address and click the icon “Go back.”
- Now, play any media you want to stream on Roku. You will see a small cast button close to the media file if you click on the RokuCast Extension. Click the button, and your video link will be sent to Roku. You can now view your media on Roku.
You can also use AceThinker Mirror if you want to mirror your iPhone to Roku. This tool offers a fantastic viewing experience on a bigger screen. AceThinker Mirror can be used to reflect documents, presentations, and also play games on a larger screen, and this tool is compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems. Follow the steps below to learn how you can mirror your iPhone to Roku with AceThinker Mirror.
Step1 Download and Install the Software
The first step to take is to download the app on your Mac and iPhone.
Step2 Connect the Devices
Make sure your iPhone and Mac are connected through Airplay, or you connect to the same network for screen mirroring; this way, you can stream your iPhone to Mac.
Step3 Start Screen Mirroring
Connect your Mac to your television using an HDMI cable to display the screen of your phone to your Roku TV.
The methods above will help you mirror your Mac to Roku. You can count on these methods if you find it difficult looking for applications that will allow you to mirror your Mac to Roku TV. You can now connect your Mac PC and Roku following any of the methods listed above and enjoy a better viewing experience on a larger screen.