Have you ever found yourself in a situation where you want to watch a movie or play music from your computer from a distance only to discover that the video and audio quality are severely lacking? You wouldn’t be the only one to have gone through such things. We can change the channel or volume of our TV without any effort with remotes, but it seems like there’s no way to control a computer from the comfort of our bed. You have to get up to use your mouse or keyboard, and the moment is ruined. How great would it be if you could use your Android phone to control your computer from a distance? Well, you can do that now thanks to these four ways to control PC from Android. We went over some of the best and worst apps for the job and found these to be the very best of the best.
AceThinker Mobile Mirror is one of the best tools for the job when it comes to mirroring your computer on the phone to control it. It works smoothly on the computer, and it is compatible with most Android devices, including Samsung, Huawei, Motorola, LG, and HTC. Outside of being able to mirror PC to Android, AceThinker Mobile Mirror also allows you to control your phone through your keyboard. This will enable you to continue working with documents or post on social media. Another fun feature is that the app comes with a built-in virtual marker that allows you to highlight parts of your screen and draw on your screen. Here’s how to control PC through Android with AceThinker Mobile Mirror.
Step1 Install AceThinker Mobile Mirror
First, download the AceThinker Mirror app by clicking one of the “Download” buttons below. Then, install it on to your computer. Also, install the Android version of the app on to your phone.
Step2 Connect Android phone to PC
Open the program and tap on the blue “M” button located at the bottom of the screen. Choose your computer from the list of devices and click “Computer Screen Mirroring.” Please note that your devices must both be on the same Wi-Fi network for this to work.
Step3 Mirror your Android phone to PC
You can use the sidebar panel to activate icons. If you wanted to add text, for example, then choose the keyboard icon to load up a keyboard and type away. When you are done press on “Send” to send the command through. If you wanted to highlight words and text and add your markings, then choose the brush icon and choose the right color and thickness for your pen. Click on the power icon when finished to disconnect the devices.
Click on the power icon when finished to disc PC Remote is another great application to control your computer via Android. It connects the two devices using either Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. With this app on your side, you’ll be able to move your mouse across your computer screen or give a PowerPoint presentation remotely. The app even features a built-in game console that makes things much easier for gamers. You can set a password to improve your protection and get a more secure connection. One downside is that PC Remote doesn’t stream the sound from the computer. It also doesn’t directly mirror the screen of the PC on your phone while controlling the computer. Here’s how you can use this app to connect the devices.
- Download the PC Remote Server application to your Android device and computer.
- Run the application on your phone and choose “Connect” and choose your computer from the list of available devices.
- After making the connection, you can use your phone screen as a computer mouse.
- Tap on the icons on your screen to enable extra controls like the keyboard and PowerPoint.
Unified Remote is a powerful app for using your Android phone to control Windows PC. It can manage over 100 PC programs. It effectively turns your Android device into a multi-touch mouse and mirrors the computer screen on mobile. It also allows you to control the apps on your computers, such as Netflix, Spotify, and YouTube. Install the app for yourself and save a lot of time and energy managing and controlling your computer. Here’s how you can manage your PC with your phone.
Here’s Unified Remote:
- Open up the official website for the app and install it on your computer.
- The app adds a driver to your computer that lets you control your computer via Android with Unified Remote.
- Download the app and install it on your smartphone.
- The app automatically scans your Wi-Fi network to find computers on the same server.
- It’s because of this that the two devices have to be connected to the same network to establish a successful connection.
- After connecting, you can choose from a broad range of controls to manage your computer.
- For example, with “Basic Input,” you can use the Android touchscreen as a touchpad for your mouse cursor.
Last but not least, we have KiwiMote. It’s similar to the second application in that it doesn’t mirror the computer screen on Android. KiwiMote is one of the best-rated apps on the Google Play Store that can be used with Android 4.0.1 and above. It is also compatible with Apple Mac, Linux, and Windows computers. The features of KiwiMote include offering a control interface to control programs such as VLC Media Player, Windows Photo Viewer, and Adobe PDF Reader. The downside of the app is that it comes with some annoying ads. Read through our instructions on how to control PC through Android with KiwiMote.
Steps on using KiwiMote:
- First, download KiwiMote on your computer and phone.
- The PC version requires Java to be installed to work correctly.
- After completing the installation, open up the program and click on the “Connect” button on your phone.
- There’s also a QR code you can scan.
- Once the connection is established, you’ll be ready to control your computer with your smartphone.
Several different applications let you control PC through Android, but we believe that the ones we’ve picked for our list are the best out there. We’d love to hear what you think though. Leave a comment below if you have any app recommendations or think we’ve missed something.