There are different media streaming devices you can use to stream videos, pictures and music on a bigger screen, a television, for instance. And Google’s Chromecast is one of them. You can easily use a Chromecast dongle to stream movies you love from your phone to TV without stress. Since this streaming device was developed by Google, you have nothing to worry about if you own an Android, as this device will be compatible and support Android devices. What if you own an iPhone and you want to use this device to mirror iPhone to Chromecast, how do you go about it? Read this post to know how to cast iPhone screen to Chromecast.
A lot of people use screen mirroring applications to mirror iPhone to TV, but if you want to mirror your iPhone to Chromecast, you can use LonelyScreen. You can use this app to cast your computer to TV and mirror your iPhone to your computer. This tool can be used as an Airplay receiver for Mac and Windows. You can use it to cast your iPad or iPhone screen to your computer.
The instructions below will teach you how to mirror iPhone to Chromecast via LonelyScreen:
- Ensure your Apple device, computer and Chromecast are connected to the same network.
- Install the app on your computer, open it, open Chrome, and then click on “Cast” from the menu.
- You will see an arrow beside “Cast to,” click on it and choose “Cast desktop.” Now, select the name of your Chromecast device.
- Once your PC is displayed on your television, move to the mirroring process for iPhone to PC. Ensure the program is running on your computer.
- Tap Screen Mirroring or Airplay Mirroring on your iOS device, select LonelyScreen, and you will be able to stream your iPhone or iPad to Chromecast.
Google Home application can also be used to cast iPhone to a larger screen like TV. You can use this multipurpose application to stream movies and audios on your iPhone or iPad. This tool differs from LonelyScreen, as it allows users to cast their device directly to TV. One of the exciting features of this program is that it can detect and control compatible devices, such as a smart camera or speaker, from a distance. Also, you can use this tool to access content from applications that support Chromecast, like Hulu, YouTube, Spotify, Netflix, and others.
The instructions below will teach you how to cast iPhone to Chromecast:
- Download and install the Google Home app from the app store.
- Make sure your Chromecast is active and already set up. You will find a cast icon on the top right section of your iPhone.
- Click on this icon and select the device you want to mirror content from your iPhone to.
- Now, your television will load the music or video from your iOS device.
You can easily screencast your iPhone to Chromecast using any of the methods listed above based on your needs, LonelyScreen or Google Home. You can use LonelyScreed, a light-weight application that’s ideal for people who want to cast their iPhone on a larger screen, like when they want to show a presentation. Google Home, on the other hand, can be used to mirror your iPhone straight to a TV without a computer. This option is ideal for streaming media files on your television.