Over the years, September has become synonymous for the release of the new iPhone model and this year has been no different. After a long wait, the iPhone 7 was announced and released within a short time period and it boasts a number of useful additions.
However, with a new iPhone comes a new problem of recording the screen. Whether you’re a vlogger or you like to do tutorials for YouTube, you may be wondering whether you can record the screen without causing any problems to your iOS device. Luckily, we have some solutions so the helpful videos and enjoyable gameplay commentaries can live on. Although many things have changed on the iPhone 7, there are still ways for you to record the screen and we have some of the best options for you here today.
iPhone Screen Recorder (Software)
iPhone Screen Recorder – Although the iPhone 7 is still extremely young, AceThinker has been as helpful as ever in providing a superb iPhone Screen Recorder with which to complete many tasks. Whilst there are other methods, and we will go through some others, this is widely considered the best because you do not need to jailbreak your phone or do anything especially.
As well as being used on Windows, it can also be used on Mac and it can connect wirelessly. In addition to this, the interface is easy to use and doesn’t require any special knowledge other than the tips we will give you here;
- 1. To start, download and install the software. Then, activate ‘AirPlay’ by swiping up on your device and accessing the control centre.
- 2. Once you see the pop-up, select the name of your device and a connecting screen should show on your computer.
- 3. Within a few moments, it will connect and you will see an option to record using a button. As soon as you click on this button, it will record everything that can be seen in your iPhone 7 screen.
Currently, this software has a free version and you can even choose from a number of different formats to record in. If you like what you see, you are then welcome to go ahead and purchase the full program and have the handy tool by your side for the next period of time. As mentioned previously, there are other options so let’s take a look.
QuickTime Screen Recorder
As another popular program, QuickTime can also be used to record your iPhone 7 screen but you will need a couple of additions compared to the first solution – a lightning cable and OS X Yosemite. As long as you have these two and, of course, your iPhone 7, you are ready to go.
- Using the lightning cable, connect your iPhone to the computer. Then, start QuickTime and click on File in the top-left hand corner.
- Here, click on New Movie Recording and this will automatically turn the camera of your Mac on. Of course, you won’t need to worry about this because you will be recording your iPhone screen instead.
- Next to the record button, you will see a downward arrow representing a drop-down menu and in this menu, you can select a different source for the video. Rather than using the webcam, you can select iPhone 7 and the screen of your iOS device will suddenly show.
Although this is a fantastic option and the process is relatively easy, it causes a problem for those who have Windows computers and laptops. For Mac users, this is a great method but everyone else is left out a little here. Also, you might not always have a lightning cable with you which also hinders the program a little. For Windows users and those who don’t want to carry their lightning cable around with them, AceThinker’s solution is perhaps a wiser move.
There is one final solution but it involves jailbreaking so stop reading if you are strongly opposed to completing this process on your iPhone. By jailbreaking your device, you can record the screen directly without even using a computer. With an app named Display Recorder, you can choose from a variety of video and audio settings before going ahead and recording your screen. In addition to this, you can also decide whether or not you want to show taps and even record in both landscape and portrait.
Please be aware that you will be invalidating your warranty if you jailbreak your device so keep this in mind; if anything goes wrong in the future, you will not be able to get it fixed or replaced under the warranty. Also, the process of jailbreaking affects the apps on your phone as well as making it more susceptible to viruses and malware.
Again, this solution has its problems so we have to go back to the first option of AceThinker’s screen recorder once more. With an easy setup process and high quality video, this really is a great option for all iPhone 7 users.