Periscope is a live streaming app owned by Twitter. Launched in 2015, it was awarded as the top application by Apple in 2016. This application allows users to post live stream events directly onto their Twitter accounts. Also, it enables the user to watch live streams from different users. Initially launched for Apple devices, with its success among iOS users, Twitter decided to launch the Periscope android version. However, Periscope only allows on the spot live stream viewing. Periscope doesn't have a recording feature, which is a letdown for people who want to rewatch the video later. Luckily, some tools allow recording and download of Periscope videos. Continue reading to know about two methods to record Periscope live streams for iOS and Android devices.
If you are looking for a trustworthy app to record Periscope on your iOS device, you should look no further than AceThinker Mirror. It is an app designed to cast and record the screen activity of your phone on PC. It is compatible with nearly all iOS models like iPhone and iPad. In addition to this, this tool supports the latest iOS version. The only thing you need to do is mirror your device to PC and then click the record button of the tool to record Periscope. Once your phone is mirrored, the tool will record the audio along with the screen of your phone. Therefore, you will be able to save both the audio and the visual content of your video call. This tool has a lot more to offer, and if you'd like to see more of its capabilities, look at the steps below to learn how the tool works.
Step 1 Install and launch iOS Mirror
The first step is to download the program using the download buttons presented below. Choose the platform where your computer belongs and then start installing the program. Once done, run the program on your computer.
Try it for Free
Step 2 Connect your mobile and computer devices
By now, you should connect your phone and computer under the same network in order for the tool to work successfully. Then, navigate the control center > Screen Mirroring and then select your PC name from the list of detected devices. By then, you should that your phone screen is reflected on your PC monitor.
Step 3 Star recording Periscope
When your devices are connected, you should now be able to record Periscope. Just click the record icon located from the right-side toolbar. The recording will then commence immediately. As you record, you can take time to make annotations or take screenshots as you wish. Once you are done recording Periscope, click the same button to stop.
Scopedown - Save Periscope Video on Android
Android is an open-source platform, and there are plenty of quality applications to record Periscope video on your smartphone. Of all, Scopedown is the best until now. As the name suggests, Scopedown is created to download scope videos. Scopedown allows its users to download a concluded video or offline periscope video in any format. The default periscope video format is .ts, and it could be converted to MP4 with the built-in Scopedown converter in the app. Here is a step-by-step method to download a video from the Scopedown app.
- Open a web browser and open Scopedown from the address bar.
- On the Android device, open Periscope and copy the URL of the concluded live stream and paste it on the download bar.
- Click the "Download" button beside the bar and save the video on your file folder.
Downloading Periscope video from Android is simplest as compared to that on iPhone/iPad. Still, Android video downloaders can only download it after the live stream had ended while iPhone/iPad users can enjoy downloading live with the screencasting.
- easy usage that is supported by the option to download simultaneously
- secure saving with .ts format which can be directly converted to .MP4 with the built-in feature
- you must use it on offline videos as it doesn’t support the capturing of live broadcast
- can be only used after the Periscope session is over
XRecorder - Record Periscope on Android
XRecorder by InShot Inc. is a mobile app for android devices that can help you to capture or record smooth and clear screen videos in just a few simple steps. This app can record from different video streaming sites like Periscope, Bigo Live, Tiktok, YouTube, and more. Furthermore, it can export full HD videos with custom settings such as 240p up to 1080p. It also allows you to capture or record the screen while playing games on your mobile phone without any limit. The good thing about this screen recording app is you can record a clean video and screenshot without the watermark of the product is being embedded to the output.
User Guide :
- Using your Android device, go to "Play Store" and look for XRecorder to download and install the app on your devices.
- Next, launch the downloaded app to access its main interface, and a floating icon will appear.
- After, go back to the home screen of your mobile phone and launch Periscope to look for the video you want to record.
- Once done selecting the video, tap the floating icon of XRecorder, and select the "Recording" button to start the recording process.
- Lastly, to stop the recording process, tap the floating icon again to select the "Stop" button to save the recording clip.
- Share recorded video works on YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, IGTV, Facebook.
- Screen Recorder with Facecam
- Contains annoying ads
As you can see from the article above, Periscope streams are nowadays very popular to be captured, and many programs are available to serve for this purpose as well. However, they differ vastly, and you need to take your time to understand, which is the most suitable option for you. In either way, we recommend that if you wish to save your time, try the AceThinker tool as it is very suitable for Periscope recording, and you will surely like what it brings to you.