Over the past few years, different models of iPads have been released in the market. Some differ in size and other specifications, but all in all, they are still powerful enough to support heavy mobile games. With their size being just right, they prove to be perfect for gaming as they are not too large and not too small. There are a lot of games compatible with the iPad, and all are great games on their own. For most people, when playing a game, they would want to record their games and watch it later. The reasons vary with the player when they record their games, but one thing is sure, they need a reliable recording tool. Continue reading to learn about the tools you can use to record iPad gameplays.
AceThinker Mirror is a screen mirroring tool that works on both Windows and Mac. It supports screen-casting, screen recording with audio, and even directly uploading on social media. The screen recording function can capture high-quality video of the mirrored iOS screen, which is great for gameplay. It also captures the audio from the gameplay to make the experience more wholesome, which is a great factor. Aside from videos, the tool also has a screenshot feature that can capture images while the iOS is mirrored. It is also possible to edit the video or the screenshot with the built-in editor of the tool. This is useful for gameplay videos with commentaries and instructions that can be uploaded online. Playing games can also be a great experience because of the full-screen option available from iOS Mirror. All these exciting features make this tool so desirable and worth every penny. To learn how to use iOS Mirror, follow the steps below.
Step1 Install AceThinker Mirror on PC
Get the installer of AceThinker Mirror by clicking one of the buttons below. After downloading the installer, launch it on the PC, and then the setup wizard will appear together with the instructions on how to properly install the application.
Step2 Connect the mobile device
First, make sure that the PC and iOS device are both connected to the same internet network. Next, launch iOS Mirror on the PC and from the iOS device, swipe up from the bottom part of the screen to open the Control Center. From there, tap the “Screen Mirroring” option and then select the name of the tool from the window that will appear.
Step3 Record the game
Once the iOS screen is mirrored to the tool, begin playing the game to view on a bigger screen. Use the iOS device as a controller while the PC monitor as the screen for more convenience. To record the gameplay, click the “Record” button at the rightmost part of the tool. Then, when you are done recording, you can click the red button, which will become a “Stop” button, and the video will be saved on your device automatically.
First on the list is the AceThinker iPhone Screen Recorder by Acethinker. Though its name suggests that it is intended for iPhones, it still works for iPad devices since they both have the “Airplay” function, so there is no problem with it. When playing a game, the bigger the screen, the better. That is why using this tool, the iPad screen will be cast on a PC screen, and from there, you will be able to record your gameplay. The tool can record iPad activities seamlessly, so you are sure to get the best gameplay video all the time. Here are the steps to use iPhone Screen Recorder.
Step1 Download and install
Download the installer of the tool by clicking the buttons below and run it on your PC. Follow the setup wizard to be guided accordingly.
Try it for Free
Step2 Mirror your iPhone to PC
After the installation, launch the tool, and the home screen will appear. Make sure that the iPad is connected to the same WiFi network as with the PC. Next, launch the “Command Center” and tap the “Screen Mirroring” option.
Step3 Record the gameplay
Once the iPad screen is mirrored, play the game and click the “Record” button to start. When the game is over, click the “Stop” button to end the recording process. The file will be automatically saved afterwards. After clicking the “Stop” button, the folder where the video is stored will appear. Play the video directly from the folder using the default media player.
Those who own a Mac device probably don’t know about it, but Quicktime Player can record your screen activities. Quicktime Player is the default media player of Mac devices, and can also function as a recorder. For people who use a Mac device, using this will be easy as they use Quicktime Player most of the time. However, for those who are not familiar with the steps to record gameplay on iPad with Quicktime Player, here are the steps.
- Connect the iPad to the Mac device using a lightning cable, then launch the Quicktime Player.
- After that, click the “File” tab and select “New Movie Recording.”
- On the Quicktime toolbar, click the drop down arrow beside the “Record” button and select the iPad from the list.
- Click the “Record” button to start the recording process. Launch the game and play it.
- To end the recording process, click the same button on the toolbar and save the video.
EveryCord is one of the best iOS screen recorder, developed by Cydia. This tool can record videos up to 1080 full HD quality, which means recording games on iOS devices will be much more precise with this tool. In fact, this tool is the newest version of iREC, the most well-known screen recorder for iPhone and iPad devices back in the days. To start, search the EverCord on the App Store on your iOS device and click the “GET” button to start downloading. Once done, launch it, and swipe your iOS device screen from bottom to top to access the “Command Center,” and from there, click the “Screen Mirroring” and choose the EveryCord as your recorder and it will start recording automatically. Then, run and play the game while recording.
Apple introduced the built-in recorder function of iOS devices with its iOS 11 updates. Since then, people have been using this function as it proved to be very useful to iOS users. However, there are still people who do not know how to use this function, especially in recording gameplay. That is why the steps how to use this function are listed below.
Tips on screen recording on iOS:
- Head to the “Settings” window and look for “Control Center.”
- Under “Control Center,” look for the “Screen Recorder” option and tap the “Add” button before it.
- Go back to the home screen, and launch the “Control Center” by swiping up from the bottom part of the screen and tap the “Record” button.
- The recording will start and just play the game you want.
- When the game is finished and you want to stop the recording, tap the “Red status bar” and a message will appear.
- Click “Stop” from the options on the pop up reminder and the video will be saved on the “Gallery.”
RecordIt is a free and robust recording tool for iOS devices. This tool allows you to screen record an excellent video output with low usage of RAM and CPU, which means recording your gameplay in great quality is possible with RecordIt. Also, RecordIt lets you use the FaceCam while playing whenever you are streaming your gameplay online. To begin, visit the App Store on our iOS device and search the RecordIt app, then click the “GET” button to install the tool on your device. Next, swipe your phone to go to “Control Center,” then click the “Record” button and choose the “RecordIt” as your recorder, and it will start recording instantly. Lastly, play the game that you want to record while the recording process is ongoing.
If you prefer to record your game on your iPad directly, then AirShou is the tool for you. The tool, however, is not available on the App Store and needs to be downloaded from its website. The records every screen activity on your iPad once activated. It is a convenient way to record your game when there is no available PC. To learn how to use AirShou to record your iPad gameplay, follow these steps.
Steps on using AirShou:
- Get the installer of AirShou by visiting its official website.
- Install the file on your iPad afterwards. Once installed on the iPad, launch the tool by tapping the Airshou icon.
- Since AirShou is not from the App Store, the system does not trust it yet and will block the tool.
- Head to the “Settings” and under the “Profile and Device Management” tab, tap the “Trust” button.
- Go back to the tool and click the “Record” button and start the game.
The last solution to effectively record gameplay on this list is the DU Recorder. This is a powerful screen recorder that can capture the entire game window in a high-quality resolution. DU Recorder is a recommended app to use for professional gamers and streamers. A good reason for it is that the app allows players to stream their gameplay in real-time and share it with YouTube or Facebook directly. Aside from its screen recording functions, it also lets users edit the recorded gameplay. Regarding its editing features, users can add background music, texts, or subtitles to the recorded file. However, users will need to purchase the premium services of the app to unlock all of its amazing features. Check the guide below to learn how to use DU Recorder.
- Select the link provided here to open the App Store and install the DU Recorder. Once the app is installed, launch it on your iPad to access the interface.
- From its main interface, tap “Record to Local Device” then hit the “Start” button to continue.
- A new menu will appear, from here, select “DU Recorder” from the list and tap “Start Broadcast” to initiate the process. Next, play the game you want to record.
- Once you are done recording the gameplay, go back to the DU Recorder and select “Stop Broadcast” to save the recording. To watch the recorded file, go to the “Videos” tab of the app and select the file.
Recording iPad gameplay is easy if you know the right tools to use. That is why, with the tools mentioned above, deciding should not be a problem as all of them are worthy and user-friendly. This true especially with the iPhone Screen Recorder by Acethinker as it can provide high-quality videos every time. With this tool, recording iOS screen has never been easy.