iPads are one of the most useful gadgets that have come up in the last few years. They have evolved from a tablet to an ideal alternative for using PCs or Laptops. If you too have been using iPad for some time, then you have a very good idea of what makes it such an excellent gadget. It ‘s capable of almost everything that a PC can do- which means you can use it for all your daily tasks without any limitations.
The only minor disadvantage that comes with using an iPad is its screen size- it is not sufficient for all types of uses. This is especially true for watching movies and playing games. However, as you read ahead- you will learn how to overcome that as well. All of this is possible by mirroring your iPad screen. Let us go ahead and see the best ways for mirroring an iPad screen, and what each of these offers.
Using iPhone Screen Recorder
The iPhone/iPad Recorder is a wireless and hassle free way to connect and mirror the screen of your iPad on a larger screen- such as your PC or your laptop. What makes this one of the best ways to do so is that you do not have to jailbreak or perform any unauthorized modification on your iPad. It just makes use of the AirPlay functionality that Apple provides with all iPads.
It gives you a range of settings and options to meet your screen mirroring need in the best possible manner. In addition to that, you can record the screen of your iPad as well with the iPhone/iPad recorder. Right from games and movies to videos, you can record and mirror them all. This will allow you to watch movies on a larger screen, play games on your iPad with a better resolution and do a lot more.
Making use of the iPhone/iPad recording utility is very simple and comes without any complicated steps. These are all highlighted ahead:
Try It Free
1. First, download and install the utility from the website. Once that is done, double click on the icon to launch and install it.
2. When that is done, make sure that your laptop/PC are connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your iPad.
3. Browse to the Control Center options on your iPad, and tap on the icon that says ‘AirPlay’. After that, find the PC on whose screen you want to mirror your iPad.
4. Once all the above steps are done, you just have to turn on the function ‘Mirroring’ from your iPad, and the screen will be displayed on your PC/laptop.
5. If you want to record the screen, just configure the settings under the ‘Options’ tab, and then press the red icon to start and end the recording.
This tool by lets you not only watch your iPad on a larger screen, but also gives you the capability to record the screen, take screenshots, make edits to them and make the most of your iPad experience. You can do all of that within seconds- and that too with just a single program, the iPhone/iPad Recorder.
Make use of the built-in AirPlay Utility
The AirPlay utility in your iPad will let you mirror the screen to your SmartTV or laptop/PC. For doing that, you will need an iPad, iPad 2 or iPad Mini. To make use of AirPlay, follow these steps:
1. Connect your iPad and the device you want to mirror its screen on to the same WiFi connection.
2. On the iPad, swipe up to open the Control Center. From this, select ‘AirPlay’.
3. After that, tap the device name that you want to mirror the screen on, which could be your PC/Laptop. After doing that, the screen will automatically mirror on the selected device.
With just these steps and without any installation, the screen will be mirrored on the selected device. You do not need to install anything else on your laptop, and can mirror any iOS device, not just your iPad. While this is a hassle-free way to mirror the iPad screen, this is all that it is good for. You cannot record the screen, take screenshots or perform any other modifications on it-, which makes this a limited option. There’s no way to share the screen on any other device to stream it live on YouTube- which is unlike our next option!
Use Reflector to mirror the screen
Yet another 3rd party app that allows you to mirror your iPad on your Mac or Windows PC is Reflector. For Reflector to work, you need to go through the following steps:
1. Download and install Reflector from the Reflector Developer Website on your laptop/PC.
2. Connect your iPad and the computer on the same WiFi network.
3. Launch Reflector on your computer. Then launch control center on the iPad and tap on the AirPlay option.
Tap again on AirPlay to see a list of the available devices , select your computer’s name and the mirroring will then begin.
Reflector is a useful utility for mirroring the iPad screen and works great on all iOS versions above iOS 7. It is a wireless streaming utility that makes use of the same AirPlay principle. It can even be used for sending the screens directly to video sharing services such as YouTube for live streaming.
However, the biggest disadvantage of using Reflector is that it has limited functionality, and cannot be used to create recordings and screenshots. In addition to that, the Windows version of this app does not have all the functions.
Thus, that is all there is to mirror and record the iPad screen using the AirPlay utility. These 3rd party apps offer a range of additional features as well, that help you do numerous things with your iPad. All these applications come together to make your iPad your working station to accomplish all your daily tasks.