It’s common to record iOS screen as there are numerous great games and apps. Sometimes you may want to record your gameplay on iPhone/iPad to share the achievements or skills with your friends. Or you need to make a video tutorial about the usage of an iOS application. Or you just like to show the screen activities on your iOS devices. No matter what the reason is to capture your iOS screen, the question comes: how can it be done? In fact, there are hundreds of different methods for iOS screen recording. Here in this article we will talk about the 2 most popular ones.
iPhone Screen Recorder - Best Desktop iOS Screen Recorder
When it comes to recording iOS screen on computer, iPhone Screen Recorder is the first choice. This recording method doesn’t require you to jailbreak your device as it makes uses of the iOS AirPlay function to mirror and display your iOS screen on computer and then capture the activities from there. Meanwhile, it offers a variety of functions and a spread of flexibility. You are able to record your recordings in a number of video formats in high quality for playing and sharing on different platforms. Both the Windows and Mac version are available and devices running iOS 7 to iOS 10 are well supported.
The ways to record iOS screen with this iOS recording program is quite easy:
1. Download and then install iPhone Screen Recorder from above. Launch it and make sure your iPhone/iPad and computer are in the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Now you can swipe upwards on your device and tap on the AirPlay option to choose the connection named the same as your computer and enable the Mirroring function.
3. Your iOS screen will then be displayed on your computer and you’re ready to record it. To start the iOS screen recording, simply click the red Record button on the main interface. Once the recording is completed, click Stop to end and save it.
iRec - Top iOS Record Screen App
The other common way to capture iOS screen is to utilize an iOS screen recording app. This solution enables you to make the recording just on your devices instead of a computer. iRec is one of the best iOS screen capture applications. It is currently only available on the Emu4iOS store and allows you to record your iOS screen without running into any issues at all. The best part of this application has to be due to the wide range of features that it includes, yet you aren’t required to jailbreak your device. So, let’s take a look at how you can take advantage of this program and record your iPhone/iPad screen.
1. Start off by heading to the Emu4iOS store and downloading the iRec application.
2. Once it has installed, take a few moments to look around the recording settings and change them to your preference. By altering your settings, you are able to change things such as the bitrate of your recording as well as the frame rate at which the video is recorded as. Changing your settings appropriate may cause in increase in your recording quality, however this will make the recording a larger file.
3. When you are ready, go ahead and click the “Start Recording” button and once you have finished, click on the “Stop Recording” button. It’s that simple.
If you own an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch and want to make a screen recording, both the recommended ways are decent enough. When recording screen of your iOS devices on computer, the recorded videos will be saved to your computer hard drive so it won’t take up the space on your iOS devices. However, you will need a computer at hand. To record screen just on your iPhone/iPad, please make sure you have enough free space.