It’s easy to take high-quality photos with your iPhone, but storing them on your device can eat up space, unless you are taking advantage of the new HEIC format. If you love snapping pictures, but have limited storage on your phone, you need to take advantage of the HEIC feature that was introduced with iOS 11.
The main problem with HEIC comes when you want to share the images or transfer them to other devices. These devices may not support said format, which is why an HEIC to JPG convertor is a good idea. Listed below are some of the best free convertors out there.
- iMazing HEIC Converter
- Apowersoft Free HEIC to JPG Converter
This site is really easy to navigate, and allows you to convert HEIC images to JPG in a few short minutes.
- Converts files directly inside your browser.
- Conversion to many different formats is supported.
- Image size can be changed at time of conversion.
- Convert images via file or URL.
- The conversion will sometimes fail with no reason provided.
- You can only convert one photo at a time.
iMazing HEIC Converter
Rather than being an online convertor, this one requires you to download software, although it does not take up much storage space. Once the software has been installed and launched, all you need to do is drag in your photos and choose the format type you want. Click Convert, choose an output folder, and the software does the rest.
- Converts to JPG or PNG from HEIC.
- Easy drag and drop operation.
- Compatible with Windows and Mac.
- Batch conversion supported.
- A download is required to access the software.
Apowersoft Free HEIC to JPG Converter
Another free program that works online, and which does not require any sort of sign-up.
- Individual and batch files are supported.
- As well as online conversion, you have access to the faster convert to desktop option.
- Reasonably quick conversion.
- Conversion takes place in the cloud.
- Does not support Mac devices. Windows only,
An online convertor that is about as easy to use as it gets. Only one step is required to convert your files.
- Easy to use interface.
- Convert as many as 30 photos at a time.
- Site is easy to navigate.
- The only conversion type available is from HEIS to JPG. No other file types are supported.
If you only have a few files to convert and not a lot of time to do them, this online convertor will fit the bill perfectly. Simply select your files and click convert.
- Easy to use.
- Relatively quick conversion time.
- Only converts one image at a time.
- Will only convert from HEIC to JPG. No other formats supported.