Last updated on January 10, 2020 by Christina Green
Are you looking for a the best HD 1080p video converter
that is able to convert your video even up to 60 minutes in less than several hours? You might already have googled around, although it is likely that you couldn't find tons of software claiming to support the conversion of 1080p videos to different formats, as many of them on the market tend to be out of date and they vary in quality. To save you time and trouble, we compiled the list of the top 10 HD 1080p video converters below for you to choose from. No matter whether you want to convert your HD videos to another format and keep it 1080p, or you want to convert it to 720p or lower resolution, because you want to save precious space on your mobile devices, you’ll find the perfect solution in this article that is tailored for your needs.
1. Acethinker Video Master(The Best Desktop 1080P Converter)
The AceThinker Video Master
is designed to offer users an all-in-one media solution to save any web videos and enjoy video anywhere they like. It supports both standard and HD videos. Thus, you can turn HD 1080p videos to any generic format you can think of or product-specific mobile device: iPad, iPhone, Xbox and so on. All you need to do is dragging HD videos to the program, choosing an output format and hitting the convert button. For web HD 1080p files, you can download and convert them quickly without any quality loss. It's not free, but you get free tech support, up-to-date format support, fast conversion speed and awesome output quality. You can also check this out if you want to know about the best WMV video converter
- Click one of the download buttons above to download the installer on your PC. After that, launch the installer and then follow the instructions from the setup wizard that will appear on the screen. After the installation process, launch AceThinker Video Master on the PC and the main-interface will appear after a few seconds.
- Form the main-interface of the tool, click the "Add files" button, and then search for the video that you want to convert from the file explorer window. After that, click the "Profile" option and then select 1080p as the output format that you want.
- Once all preparations are done, it's now time start the conversion process. To do so, hit the "Convert" button and the process will start. Once done, the folder where the file is saved will appear on the screen. You can watch the 1080p video directly from the folder using your media player.
2. Acethinker Online Converter(Best Cloud 1080P Converter)
Unlike many other online tools, there’s no need to register an account to use AceThinker Online Converter but you can simply visit the official website and directly use the program. Simply upload your 1080p videos, choose an output format and start the conversion. It converts pretty much any video formats, so no matter what your 1080p videos are encoded in, this tool can handle it without any problem. It offers device presets too, so if you want to convert videos to HD 1080p and watch on your mobile device, you can choose the best output format according to your device type. This 1080p video converter is also a powerful video editor regarding that you can also customize the output of the video. You can tweak the output video’s codec, resolution, bit rate and more. Or add cool effects to make your own movie. Or, take a look in this post to learn on how to convert MP4 to MOV
Once the video has been uploaded to the tool, click the "Format" tab and then choose the format that you want to convert the file into. You can also edit the video before conversion by clicking the "Edit" button from the main-interface.
To start the conversion process, click the "Convert" button and then choose the file location where you want to save the video. After the conversion process, a notification window will appear where you can either locate or share the file directly online.
- From a web-browser, launch the tool by visiting the its official website. From the home-page, click the "Select files to start" button and then choose the video to convert, from the file explorer window that will appear.
is a web-based file converter that converts just about any file type into any other file type, including images, videos, docs, audio and many more. The basic version is free, but there are subscription options if you are looking for more features. Similarly to clipconverter.cc that can convert video to 1080p free, it allows the downloading of YouTube videos and their conversion to other format. To convert your 1080p video files, simply click on the browse button to upload the video you want to convert, then choose the desired output video format. Now enter your email to receive a link where you can download the output files. The biggest downside of this tool is that the free version only converts up to 50M, and you need to pay for the service to convert bigger files.
- First, click the link provided here to access the official page of Zamzar. From here, click the "Add files" button to upload the video to its server.
- Next, hit the "Convert To" button and select your preferred quality. Once set-up, click "Convert Now" to start the process.
- Wait for a few moments until the conversion is finished. Once done, click the "Download" button to save the converted file to your computer.
- Once downloaded, open the folder wherein you save the video to watch it.
4. Clip Converter
If you are looking for a YouTube 1080p video downloader and converter, ClipConverter is a good choice. This free online media converter program allows you to download YouTube 1080p or even 4K videos and convert them to a wide range of output video formats including MP4, 3GP, MOV, AVI and MKV. Simply copy the YouTube video URL, choose the output format and start the conversion. It’s very easy to use. However, this tool requires account registration and doesn’t support as many output video settings as Acethinker video converter offers.
- Visit the official website of ClipConverter. Then, you can upload or paste a video link to the address field to begin.
- After that, select the format you want and hit "Continue" and let the tool analyze the file for a while. Once done, it will transfer you to a new page, then click the "Start" button to start converting the file.
- Once the video is converted, click the "Download" button to save the file to your computer. Finally, open the download folder on your PC to check it.
Like clipconverter.cc, FileZigZag
is a cloud video converter service that converts pretty much all popular video formats. It works like Zamzar, you upload the file, choose the output format and enter your email to receive download link to the converted video. Considering the fact that most video files are large, especially for 1080p HD videos, the biggest disadvantage of this tool, like any other online video converter 1080p tools, is the time to upload and wait for the conversion to be done.
- Go to the main page of FileZigzag to access the online tool. Click the "Browse for Files" button to start uploading the video you want to convert.
- Once uploaded, choose the target format you prefer and click "Start Converting" to let the tool finish it.
- After the conversion, hit the "Download" button to get a copy of the converted file to your PC. Once done, open the folder wherein you put the converted file to play it.
Free utility Freemake supports converting to and from hundreds of popular video and audio formats. It allows you to convert MP4 1080p video from the Web, to your desired format. It might be the most powerful free video converter out there. You can burn your 1080p movie to blu-ray too. Besides video conversion, it offers rudimentary editing features for you to tweak your movie, such as cutting scenes. Free, fast and easy to use, Freemake Video Converter is a good choice.
- First, visit the download page of Freemake Video Converter to install the software to your computer. Once installed, launch it to access its main interface.
- From the main interface of the software, click the "Video" tab to upload the file you wish to convert. Once uploaded, choose the format you want.
- Once you selected a format, a new window will appear. From here, click the "Convert" button to begin. Once done, find the output folder of the software on your computer to watch and play the video.
is a video editor but you can use it to convert videos too. Like Handbrake, Avidemux’s interface is not that straight-forward as it should be and you might take some time to understand the layout and settings. But once you get it, you’ll find it as easy as other tools. Besides, it offers a pack of editing features for you to customize your movies. With it, you can encode 1080p videos to other common formats like MP4.
- Go to the download page of Avidemux to install a copy of the software on your computer. Once installed, launch it on your PC.
- From the interface, click the "Folder" icon to start uploading the video you want to convert. Then, go to the "Output Format" option to select the drop-down menu and choose the format you want.
- Once selected, click the "Save" icon to start converting the video. Once done, a new file will be created and open the download folder on your computer to check it.
8. Format Factory
Like Freemake, FormatFactory
is another convenient utility that supports the conversion of1080p videos to facilitate movie sharing, save disk space on your computer, or make compatible with mobile devices. The interface is very intuitive, so users of all professional level will have no problem using it. Also it claims to repair damaged video and audio files, worth giving it a try. You can convert HD videos to any format you can think of, or simply choose by device name if you don’t know which output setting is the best.
- First, go to the official website of Format Factory to download it on your computer. Follow the installation guide then install it afterward.
- Then, from the Video section of the software, choose the format you want to set it up. Next, click the "Add file" button to upload the file to the software. Click "OK" and then "Start" to begin.
- Wait for a few moments until the conversion is finished. Once done, click the "Output Folder" option located at the top to check the converted file.