These days, I find it difficult to watch videos on Dailymotion. Whenever I play some videos it just keeps on loading and at times it will just be black and the video never play. I find it really strange because ads are playing fine. So, I thought it was my internet connection. I tried going to different sites to check and it seems like its working fine. I read some FAQ to help me, yet none of them seem to work. Any suggestion form anyone?
Lately, many find Dailymotion not working. That is why we thought of helping you guys by providing tips and tricks to fix this problem. Below we listed several basic troubleshooting steps that you can follow.
Re-install Flash PlayerOne possible reason why videos won’t play is that of the Flash Player. It is either it is not on its latest version or it is not properly installed. You have to make sure to install the latest version by going to Flash Player Help Center . From here you can directly check if it is installed on your PC and if it needs to be updated. However, if you have the app installed prior the download/update you must uninstall it. To do that, follow the steps below.
Step1 Download Flash Player UninstallerFirst download software that can uninstall the player, click here to get one. The tool then will be integrated into the browser that you used to download it. Just follow the prompt until it is installed. If you are using Chrome, then it will be added on your taskbar. Do not forget to give permission to the app to make some changes by clicking “Yes” to this message “Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?”.
Step2 Start Uninstalling the PlayerAfter installing, the app will automatically run and give you a list of all apps installed. Close all programs opened and leave the Flash Player left. From there click “Uninstall”. Make sure to delete all files except FlashInstall.log file. Next, you have to restart your PC.
Step3 Check the app uninstalledTo verify if it is successfully uninstall, go to the drive where it is saved then look for the following:
If the above files are not showing up anymore, then the player is successfully uninstalled.]
Step4 Re-install Adobe FlashYou can now enable the latest version of Flash player, however, each browser has its own way to enable the plug-in.
- Internet Explorer: Flash Player is installed as ActiveX® plug-in.
- Mozilla Firefox and Safari: lash Player is installed as a NPAPI plug-in.
- Opera: Flash Player is installed as a PPAPI plug-in.
- Google Chrome: Flash Player is integrated with Google Chrome. You can enable it on “Settings”.
Restart Web Browser and Clean Cache
If the above methods do not fix the Dailymotion error, don’t give up, we have a few other solutions. You may just need to restart your browser. Instead of simply closing the tab with Dailymotion, close the entire browser and re-open it. From here you will want to try the following.
Forced Refresh: You can force a full refresh for the site by hitting “CTRL” and “F5” together, this works across the popular browsers.
Also, by clearing the browser’s cache and cookies, you can ensure you are seeing the most recent version of the page for faster loading videos. Here’s a comprehensive guide to clean cache on different browsers:
- Chrome – Open the menu on top-right of your browser, select “Settings” and then “Show advanced settings”. Scroll to the privacy section and click “Clear browsing data”. Here you can choose the type of data to clean, it’s recommended to check “Cached images and files” only and you can confirm it by clicking “Clear browsing data”.
- Safari (for iOS) – Click “Settings” from the home page, scroll down to “Safari”, clicking on it will bring you to the option page. You then select “Clear Cookies and Data” to confirm your choice.
- Safari (for Mac) – Select Safari menu when the browser is opened, select “Empty Cache” on the menu and then click “Empty” when it pops-up.
- IE (9-11) – Navigate to top-right of browser to click the gear icon, and then go for “Safety” – “Delete Browsing History”. Check “Temporary Internet files and website files” and unselect other options, confirm the clean of the cache by selecting “Delete”.
- FireFox – Similar to IE and Chrome, the settings menu is on upper right, after clicking on it, you can select the “Options” icon. Once the dialog appears, navigate to “Advanced” – “Network” and then forward to “Cache Web Content” section. Clicking “Clear Now” will remove your cache.
- Opera – After opening your browser, open the menu on the left hand corner, click on “Settings”, tick all boxes, and tap de button “Clear Data”.
Upgrade Browser to Fix Dailymotion Error
If these steps above haven’t fixed your problem, then you may need to upgrade your browser to the latest version. To do this, go to the browsers official website and see if they have any newer versions available. You will download the latest version, then open and run it. The browser will restart, and then test to see if the issue has been fixed.
- Chrome – Chrome automatically download new updates to public. If you want to make sure it is you can do it manually. To do that click the “Customize and Control” button located at the top right corner of the webpage. Then, choose “Help,” > “About Google Chrome”. From there you can see if an update is available. Same as with Chrome on mobile devices, if there is a new update with the app it will be applied.
- Safari (for iOS) – If Apple updates id enable on your settings, it is expected that your browser will be automatically updated. To check if you are on the latest version, go to App store click “Updates” and look for “Safari” then click “Update”.
- Safari (for Mac) – Select Safari menu when the browser is opened, select “Empty Cache” on the menu and then click “Empty” when it pops up.
- IE (9-11) – For Internet Explorer, if you are constantly the latest version of Windows, your IE is then Updated. If not, you can get the latest version here.
- FireFox – Just like the other browser, if update is available you will be prompted to update, if latest version is available. To verify if it’s latest, simply click the menu button. The menu button is located at the top right corner of the screen. From there click “Help”,> “About Firefox,” then if an update is available, it will be installed. Once the update is executed restart the app.
- Opera – Opera is also updates each time there is available automatically. To check it click on the “Menu” located at the top-right corner of the page, then choose “About Opera”. The update is available under the drop down menu.
Check Flash and Script Blocker Add-Ons
If you’re experiencing the Firefox browser not playing Dailymotion videos, the first thing you should attempt is to restart the browser, as mentioned before. If that doesn’t help, clear the browser cache by selecting Tools from the menu, followed by Options and Advanced. Click the Clear No button, restart Firefox, and try to play the video once more.
If it still doesn’t work, you can then check flash and script blocker add-ons. Two of the more common add-ons for Firefox is Flashblock and NoScript, both of which are designed to prevent videos from playing. You have the option of disabling these add-ons or adding DailyMotion to the whitelist, which will allow videos to play. Be aware that some ad-blocking add-ons may also prevent videos from playing.
Improve Internet Connection
Still, haven’t managed to correct the issue of your Dailymotion videos not working? You may need to look at issues errors with your internet connection speed or even hardware issues. If you are using Wi-Fi, there could be a lot of traffic currently on the connection slowing it down, when this happens it’s common to get buffering issues. You can use one of the different websites to measure your broadband speed connection. You may also try to switch off your router, wait a few seconds and switch on again.
If the internet speed isn’t an issue, then you could be having issues with your hardware, this is commonly caused by malware or spyware being on your system. This could require you clean your computer of any virus’s before the videos will play.
Extra Tips: Download Dailymotion Videos for Offline Viewing
For the Dailymotion not working problem, it could be an issue with the website itself, a slow internet connection or even their processor speed. All these issues can cause the videos to be slow or not play. If you’re able to load the flash video but find it’s slow or you need to save it for watching offline, you can then utilize a 3rd party download manager. One of the most popular tools to download Dailymotion videos is Video Keeper, which can grab videos from Dailymotion, Vimeo, YouTube, MetaCafe and many more video sharing sites. In addition, it allows you to convert the downloaded videos to other popular formats for playing anywhere you like. With this, you can download and convert Dailymotion to MP4, AVI, MP3, etc.
Try It Free
Step1 Find DailyMotion VideosAfter installing the appl you can use it to watch and get videos from DailyMotion. All you have to do is directly search it under “Library” tab. Then, click on “Search”. From there type any Keyword to search for the video you want to get.
Step2 Enable Auto-detectorIf you want to download the video while watching it, turn on the auto-detection feature by ticking the “enable Detector” located at the bottom left side of the interface. See photo for a clear demonstration.
Step3 Check Acquired VideoTo check if the video is added on the download queue, switch tabs from “Library” to “Download”. Also, under the same tab, you can see all downloaded video list by clicking “Completed”. To play the video double-click the file name and the built-in player will play the video for you.
To conclude, we have discussed different ways to troubleshooting Dailymotion not playing. These tips should be able to solve most of the problems (unless something rare happens like the website is temporarily down). If this happens, you can check out YouTube to see if there are videos you are looking for on Dailymotion, view the comparison here). If you have better suggestions to solve the playback problem, feel free to share them in the comment field.