These days, I find it difficult to watch videos on Dailymotion. Whenever I play some videos, it just keeps on loading, and at times it will only be black, and the video never plays. I find it strange because the ads are playing fine. So, I thought it was my internet connection. I tried going to different sites to check, and it seems like its working fine. I read some FAQs to help me, yet none of them seem to work. Any suggestions from anyone?
Lately, many find Dailymotion not working. That is why we thought of helping you guys by providing tips and tricks to fix this problem. Below we listed several necessary troubleshooting steps that you can follow. Some of these steps are available for your desktop and mobile devices.
One possible reason why videos won’t play is that of the Flash Player. It is either it is not on its latest version, or it is not installed correctly. You have to make sure to install the newest release by going to the Flash Player Help Center . From here you can directly check if it is installed on your PC and if it needs to be updated. However, if you have the app installed before the download/update, you must uninstall it. To do that, follow the steps below.
Steps on using Adobe Flash Player:
- First download software that can uninstall the player, click here to get one.
- The tool then will be integrated into the browser that you used to download it.
- Just follow the prompt until it is installed. If you are using Chrome, then it will be added to your taskbar.
- Do not forget to permit the app to make some changes by clicking “Yes” to this message “Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?”.
- After installing, the app will automatically run and give you a list of all apps installed.
- Close all programs opened and leave the Flash Player left. From there, click “Uninstall.”
- Make sure to delete all files except the FlashInstall.log file. Next, you have to restart your PC.
- To verify if it is successfully uninstall, go to the drive where it is saved then look for the following: > FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl, FlashPlayerApp.exe, FlashPlayerInstaller.exe
You can now enable the latest version of Flash player, however, each browser has its own way to enable the plug-in.
- Internet Explorer: Flash Player is installed as ActiveX® plug-in.
- Mozilla Firefox and Safari: lash Player is installed as a NPAPI plug-in.
- Opera: Flash Player is installed as a PPAPI plug-in.
- Google Chrome: Flash Player is integrated with Google Chrome. You can enable it on “Settings”.
NOTE: If in case you want to stream Dailymotion using your iOS devices, launch the Safari browser from the main app’s list. Access the website then wait for it to load properly. From here, search for any videos you want to stream. Then, tap the video and wait for few seconds to play it. Next, for Android users, find and launch Google Chrome from the list of the leading apps. On the address bar, visit Dailymotion to access it. Browse or search for any video you want to stream. Once decided, touch the exact video and wait for few seconds for it to play. Or you can check this article to know some DailyMotion to MP4 solutions that you can rely on.
If the above methods do not fix the Dailymotion error, don’t give up, we have a few other solutions. You may need to restart your browser. Instead of merely closing the tab with Dailymotion, close the entire browser and re-open it. From here, you will want to try the following.
Forced Refresh: You can force a full refresh for the site by hitting “CTRL” and “F5” together, this works across the popular browsers.
Also, by clearing the browser’s cache and cookies, you can ensure you see the most recent version of the page for faster loading videos. Here’s a comprehensive guide to clean cache on different browsers:
Chrome – Open the menu on top-right of your browser, select “Settings” and then “Show advanced settings”. Scroll to the privacy section and click “Clear browsing data.” Here you can choose the type of data to clean, it’s recommended to check “Cached images and files” only, and you can confirm it by clicking “Clear browsing data.”
Safari (for iOS) – Click “Settings” from the home page, scroll down to “Safari”, clicking on it will bring you to the options page. You then select “Clear Cookies and Data” to confirm your choice.
Safari (for Mac) – Select the Safari menu when the browser is opened, select “Empty Cache” on the menu and then click “Empty” when it pops up.
IE (9-11) – Navigate to top-right of browser to click the gear icon, and then go for “Safety” – “Delete Browsing History”. Check “Temporary Internet files and website files” and unselect other options, confirm the clean of the cache by selecting “Delete”.
FireFox – Similar to IE and Chrome, the settings menu is on the upper right, after clicking on it, you can select the “Options” icon. Once the dialog appears, navigate to “Advanced” – “Network” and then forward it to the “Cache Web Content” section. Clicking “Clear Now” will remove your cache.
Opera – After opening your browser, open the menu on the left hand corner, click on “Settings”, tick all boxes, and tap de button “Clear Data”.
If these steps above haven’t fixed your problem, then you may need to upgrade your browser to the latest version. To do this, go to the browsers official website and see if they have any newer versions available. You will download the latest version, then open and run it. The browser will restart, and then test to see if the issue has been fixed.
- Chrome – Chrome automatically downloads new updates to the public. If you want to make sure it is you can do it manually. To do that, click the “Customize and Control” button located at the top right corner of the webpage. Then, choose “Help,” > “About Google Chrome.” From there you can see if an update is available. Same as with Chrome on mobile devices, if there is a new update with the app, it will be applied.
- Safari (for iOS) – If Apple updates id enables on your settings, it is expected that your browser will be automatically updated. To check if you are on the latest version, go to App store click “Updates” and look for “Safari” then click “Update.”
- Safari (for Mac) – Select the Safari menu when the browser is opened, select “Empty Cache” on the menu and then click “Empty” when it pops up.
- IE (9-11) – For Internet Explorer, if you are always the latest version of Windows, your IE is then Updated. If not, you can get the latest version here.
- FireFox – Just like the other browser, if an update is available, you will be prompted to update, if the latest version is available. To verify if it’s the most recent, click the menu button. The menu button is located at the top right corner of the screen. From there click “Hel” > “About Firefox” then if an update is available, it will be installed. Once the update is executed, restart the app.
- Opera – Opera is also updated each time it is available automatically. To check it click on the “Menu” located at the top-right corner of the page, then choose “About Opera”. The update is available under the drop-down menu.
If you’re experiencing the Firefox browser not playing Dailymotion videos, the first thing you should attempt is to restart the browser, as mentioned before. If that doesn’t help, clear the browser cache by selecting Tools from the menu, followed by Options and Advanced. Click the Clear No button, restart Firefox, and try to play the video once more.
If it still doesn’t work, you can then check flash and script blocker add-ons. Two of the more common add-ons for Firefox is Flashblock and NoScript, both of which are designed to prevent videos from playing. You have the option of disabling these add-ons or adding DailyMotion to the whitelist, which will allow videos to play. Be aware that some ad-blocking add-ons may also prevent videos from playing.
Still, haven’t managed to correct the issue of your Dailymotion videos not working? You may need to look at errors with your internet connection speed or even hardware issues. If you are using Wi-Fi, there could be much traffic currently on the connection slowing it down; when this happens, it’s common to get buffering issues. You can use one of the different websites to measure your broadband speed connection. You may also try to switch off your router, wait a few seconds, and switch on again.
If the internet speed isn’t an issue, then you could be having problems with your hardware, this is commonly caused by malware or spyware being on your system. It could require you clean your computer of any virus’s before the videos play.
For the Dailymotion, not working problem, it could be an issue with the website itself, a slow internet connection or even their processor speed. All these issues can cause the videos to be slow or not play. If you’re able to load the flash video but find it’s slow or you need to save it for watching offline, you can then utilize a 3rd party download manager. One of the most popular tools to download Dailymotion videos is Video Keeper, which can grab videos from Dailymotion, Vimeo, YouTube, MetaCafe and many more video sharing sites. Also, it allows you to convert the downloaded videos to other popular formats for playing anywhere you like. With this, you can download and convert Dailymotion to MP4, AVI, MP3, etc.
Try It Free
Step1 Find DailyMotion Videos
After installing the app you can use it to watch and get videos from DailyMotion. All you have to do is directly search it under the “Library” tab. Then, click on “Search.” From there type any Keyword to search for the video you want to get.
Step2 Enable Auto-detector
If you want to download the video while watching it, turn on the auto-detection feature by ticking the “enable Detector” located at the bottom left side of the interface. See the photo for a clear demonstration.
Step3 Check Acquired Video
To check if the video is added on the download queue, switch tabs from “Library” to “Download”. Also, under the same tab, you can see all downloaded video list by clicking “Completed”. To play the video double-click the file name and the built-in player will play the video for you.
To conclude, we have discussed different ways to troubleshooting Dailymotion not playing. These tips should be able to solve most of the problems (unless something rare happens like the website is temporarily down). If this happens, you can check out YouTube to see if there are videos you are looking for on Dailymotion, view the comparison here. If you have better suggestions to solve the playback problem, feel free to share them in the comment field.