Screencast-O-Matic is a screen recording software that helps you record both your desktop screen as well as your webcam easily. The recorded files can be save into many widely used, compatible video formats, such as MP4, FLV, and AVI. It also offers you to publish the recorded video to YouTube. However, users who have not registered the software are limited to record only 15 minutes and also a watermark is attached to the video. Only purchasing the software make you able to remove the duration limit and the watermark from your video. Furthermore, you also miss the presence of a built-in editor tool when it comes to modifying your recordings, so you need to look for other editing tools to add images, texts or remove unwanted portions to customize your video. In this article we bring you the best Screencast-O-Matic alternatives which can make up for these missing options:
AceThinker Free Online Screen Recorder
The AceThinker Free Online Screen Recorder tool is one of the best among Screencast-O-Matic alternatives as it helps you record your session while also empowering you to edit and customize your video.. You won’t need to look for any separate editor software anymore. Furthermore, AceThinker Free Online Screen Recorder allows you to record without any watermarks as well as no limit on recording the video as it is a completely free to use tool. It works well on both Windows and Mac computers. Regarding the sessions you can record both audio and video along with capturing images with the software. Finally, you can save your videos in many easy to play formats, including WMV, FLV, AVI, MP4,and so on. Your video is also encoded for added safety.
Below is a step-by-step guide on how to record video on your computer using Free Online Screen Recorder.
- Download the latest version of the software
- Continue with the installation process according to the instruction displayed on the screen
- Now open the software and you’ll be presented with the main dashboard displaying all controls needed for recording your computer desktop
- You can either go for recording your whole desktop screen or rather set only a specific area.
- The software also comes with various settings to choose from, including video quality, sound quality, frame rate, video resolution etc.
- Choose the desired settings and set the capture mode
- Browse the video URL you want to record
- And hit the “Start Recording” button to start the capturing process
Camstudio is another optional choice loaded with lots of great features. Even many paid software alternatives cannot compete with its unique features, including its simple and easy to use interface, as well as one-click recording option to capture images or record videos on your computer desktop screen. To record videos, all you need to do is playing the video to be recorded, opening the Camstudio software and hitting the “Start Recording” button. It is always recommended to adjust the required frame rate, video quality, resolution and video codec before the beginning of the action. As other solutions, CamStudio also provides you the option to capture the entire or only a portion of your desktop. By default, the software sets the whole screen mode and if you need to change it to region mode, then you have to modify it through the settings.
Ezvid is another great Screencast-O-Matic alternative that lets you record videos from your computer desktop and also share them in YouTube or other popular social medial channels. The interface is straightforward and neat, bringing all the controls needed to record your videos right in front of you. It also comes with a built-in video editor by default, so you don’t need to download another software to edit and enhance your videos. You can add images, text or shapes to your video and share with your friends and families.
How to record Video with Ezvid?
- Download the latest version of Ezvid from the official website
- Install the software as per the provided instructions
- Open the software to start the recording process
- You are also provided options to add a title to your video, a small description, as well as it also allows you to select a background music along with any keywords needed, and so on.
- Choose the required settings when you go to the “Advanced Settings” screen
- Preview option is also available
- Click on the ”Start Capture now” button to start the recording process
Capture Fox - Firefox Add-on
One of the simplest and easy to use tool is CaptureFox. You don’t need to install any software into your system, as it is just an extension that can be added directly to your Firefox Browser. Once you have it installed, it will automatically appear in the toolbar of your Firefox browser. You can download this extension from the Mozilla add-ons page. As the name implies, CaptureFox works only with the Firefox browser. When installed, you can see a small icon in the shape of a record icon in the right side of your browser, and you can just use CTRL+SHIFT+U to open CaptureFox or open it from the Tools menu.
The interface of the CaptureFox extension is simple and you are also provided the option to configure your recording from the settings menu. You can specify whether you want to record the entire screen or only a portion of the screen. You can also specify the folder where the videos need to be saved and start the recording when you are all set.
ActivePresenter is another great solution that, as it provides a software that helps you achieve various things including creating training presentations, user guides, training videos, product demonstrations and so on. ActivePresenter comes with a full-featured video editor that allows you to remove/edit the unwanted portion of your video, or just add text to it and tweak it in every way to suit all your requirements. It supports the latest HTML5 web standard and it can also be integrated with other popular Learning Management Systems. The content created with the help of ActivePresenter is supported by any devices.