Many people nowadays are fond of watching movies on their Android devices because it is more convenient, especially if you want to watch during the traveling. But, there are times that you still want to use old DVDs. However, it is impossible to watch a DVD directly from an Android device because there is no built-in DVD drive on it. So, therefore, you have to use an external DVD drive for an Android tablet or phone. Otherwise, you can rip DVD movies to your Android phone to play DVD on Android easily. So with that, we will provide you some of the simple yet powerful solutions that you may use. Just keep reading.
Rip DVD Movies to Play on Android Phone
You only need to rip DVDs to play them on your Android devices, you must also use the best solution. So, this time, we will recommend you the Acethinker Video Master Premium. This can be used to rip DVD to different Android video supported formats for up to 1080p. Additionally, you have an option to enhance your video by using its default editing functions such as trimming, rotating, and more. To play DVD files on android using this tool, read the detailed steps written below.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Set-up the DVD to Android Converter on Your Computer
To start utilizing this software, you have to install it on your PC, just simply hit one of the "Download" buttons given above and read its installation guide to perfectly save the unit's tool. After that, you can now open it and get familiarized with its main interface.
Step 2 Import DVD for Conversion
Here, you can import a DVD file from your PC by clicking the "Ripper" icon that you can see at the upper part of the interface. Then, hit the "Plus" sign icon to add DVD files.
Step 3 Select Your Desired Android File Format
Once imported, you can select your preferred Android file format from the "drop-down" menu beside the "Rip All to" icon at the right portion of the interface then select which file format you prefer to use. Then, hit the "Rip All" button located at the interface's bottom right to start ripping and saving the DVD video to Android compatible file format.
Step 4 Preview the Ripped Video
Lastly, you can save the converted video on your Android device by clicking the output folder. From here, copy the file and paste it on your Android phone.
Best Android DVD Players to Play DVD Movies on Android
1. MX Player
The first Android DVD player that you can use on your Android phone is called MX Player. This app is perfect to use, especially if you want to play the ripped VOB file. Besides, it has an easy user-interface wherein you only have to tap a few steps to watch DVDs. Also, the quality of the movie is for up to 1080p. Aside from that, you can scroll forward/backward the movie if you want to. Plus, it consists of many video formats from DVB, SUB, MPL, and more. Just in case you want to know more about how to use this app, follow the simple steps below.
- Get the tool from the Google Play Store and Save it on your Android Phone.
- Open the app on your Android Device and choose a DVD video from the given folder.
- From here, play the DVD movie directly on your Android phone.
2. VLC Player on Android
Next on our list named VLC, This is one of the best DVD players that can be used on an Android phone or tablet that supports several file formats, including VOB, ISO, IFO, and other DVD file formats. One of the best features of this app is that you don’t need to install or plugin any third-party app to play the Ripped VOB file on your Android phone. Aside from that, it consists of network streaming support, multiple audio tracks, and subtitles for better playing DVD movies. We will provide you the easy steps on how to utilize this app.
- Download and Save the tool on your Android device by getting it from the Google Play Store.
- Once installed, launch it on your Android phone and browse DVD movies from the “Video” folder.
- Then, play a DVD movie by tapping from the video that you prefer.
Last is Plex; this app helps you organize all the personal DVD movies and stream it to Android devices with an HD quality. However, this tool can’t read DVD folders, but you can upload a DVD video and play it on your Android devices. Aside from watching DVD movies, you can stream free movies and shows for free. Plus, you can watch for up to 80+ channels of live TV. Now, let me show you how to play DVD movies using this app on your Android devices.
- Search the App from the Google Play Store on your Android phone and Install it afterward.
- Once installed, open it on your device and choose a DVD movie from the “Camera Roll,” Or, you can choose from its default movies.
- To watch a DVD video, tap one of the movie that you prefer and enjoy.
How to Watch a CD on a DVD Player?
Just in case you not only want to watch DVDs, but CD as well, we will show you the simple steps on how you use your DVD player to play a CD, too. Read the steps written below.
- First is to turn on the DVD player. Generally, this will take too much time.
- Next, insert the CD into the DVD player and then close it. (Make sure that the CD is not scratched)
- Hit the "Play" button on the DVD player or use the remote control to play.
- From here, you can select the "Scene Selection" button on your remote control to select a movie that you wish to watch on your DVD player.
|Function||Video Master Premium||MX Player||VLC Player||Plex|
|Resolutions||480p, 720p, 1080p||720p, 480p||1080p, 480p||720p|
|Can Convert Movies to Other File Format||Yes||No||No||No|
|Allows you to Customize your Video||Yes||No||No||No|