DVD or Digital Versatile Disc is an optical disc technology quite similar to the CD-ROM but has a larger storage capacity. Usually, DVDs serve as a medium to store digital files like movies and multimedia presentations containing graphics and sound. Videos in DVD are compressed in MPEG-2 format, making it possible to play via computer DVD-ROM drives and DVD players. MP3, which stands for MPEG1/MPEG2 Audio Layer III, is a widespread audio compression format for sound files on portable devices and computers. If you have some old DVDs containing classical music or audio that you would love to extract to MP3, you have come to the right place. In this article, we will teach you how to convert DVD to MP3 for free.
Convert DVD VOB to MP3 for Free Online
It’s now possible to convert DVD files into different formats within minutes on the internet, all thanks to advancements in multimedia technology. Converting DVDs on the net is possible using an Online DVD Converter. With this free converter, you can easily convert your DVD into different formats like MP3, WAV, FLAC, AAC, WMA, and so on. The good thing about this tool is that you do not need to download or install this software on your device. To know how to use this tool to convert DVD to MP3, follow the instructions below:
- Access this online tool by clicking here.
- Insert the DVD you want to extract into your computer’s DVD ROM.
- Browse the DVD folder and select a VOB file you want to convert.
- Choose the file format you desire from the settings, in this scenario, select MP3.
- Hit the “Convert” button, give it some minutes, and this online tool will convert your files in MP3.
- Ensure Java Applet is installed on your PC before you use this tool to convert DVD to MP3.
- You can adjust the sample rate and bitrate to your taste in the output settings.
- If you have a batch of DVD files to convert, click on “±” to load more files
There is a limit at which you can use this online converter, and your network can influence the conversion speed. Slow or weak internet can prevent or stop the conversion process. You can give other methods listed in this post a try if you want to convert DVD to MP3 offline.
Rip DVD Audio to MP3 with Format Factory
Format Factory is not an ordinary tool that converts DVD to MP3. This multifunctional converter can be used in converting files into several formats without any compatibility issues when playing on a mobile device. To convert DVD to MP3, select MP3 format from the audio option. To upload the DVD files, you want to convert, click the Add Files button. Select the output option you desire and hit OK to finish up the process. You can turn the whole folder or single files to any format you want. This tool can also repair corrupted media files. Format Factory allows you to choose different output qualities (low, medium, and high). Still, you cannot modify some particular parameters of the MP3 file. As stated earlier, this tool is more than a DVD to MP3 converter because it offers some advanced functions that give users a better user experience. For instance, users can convert pictures into JPG, PNG, ICO, GIF, BMG, and others using its built-in picture converter. It also offers options that allow users to zoom images, rotate images, add watermarks, and tags while converting images.
Extract MP3 from DVD Using VLC Media Player
VLC is another excellent tool you can use to convert DVD files to MP3 format. This media tool is popular, but it is also compatible with most file formats and supports streaming and recording webcam videos. People are not really aware that they can use VLC to convert DVDs (this feature is not common). If you don’t plan on installing any additional software to rip DVD audio to MP3, then you can use VLC for free to convert audios in your DVD to MP3. Follow the instructions below to know-how.
- First please user HandBrake to convert your DVD to video.
- Open VLC on your device, click on the Media menu and hit Convert/Save.
- A window will popup. Click Add on the File tab to import your DVD videos to VLC.
- Click convert/save. Another window will pop up when you do. From the drop-down list, choose Audio-MP3.
- Choose a location you want to save the file and hit the Start button to begin the audio extraction process and convert your DVD files to MP3.